Change to Non-Refundable Deposit Policy

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Good. Eliminate the squatters.

Actually this will cause more squatting as you call it….instead of just canceling as before, people will instead book something else. 

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Actually this will cause more squatting as you call it….instead of just canceling as before, people will instead book something else. 

Doubtful.  Every time you make a change to the ship and sail date you will be assessed the $100pp fee.  After getting hit with the fee the first time they will most likely pick something they will actually sail on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doubtful.  Every time you make a change to the ship and sail date you will be assessed the $100pp fee.  After getting hit with the fee the first time they will most likely pick something they will actually sail on.

Twice in my case I switched to another ship/sailing because a friend asked me to come on the cruise with them.  The prices were a little lower, so the budget didn't take the full brunt of the $100 charge.  One of the change fees was paid from a card where I had a credit balance from an RCCL refund.  

IMO balking at the change fee is a "nose vs. face" type of scenario.  To me it's all about the bottom line.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Twice in my case I switched to another ship/sailing because a friend asked me to come on the cruise with them.  The prices were a little lower, so the budget didn't take the full brunt of the $100 charge.  One of the change fees was paid from a card where I had a credit balance from an RCCL refund.  

IMO balking at the change fee is a "nose vs. face" type of scenario.  To me it's all about the bottom line.

That's a good point.... changes with a good price drop or a lot of OBC can easily negate that $100.