Navica App for BinaxNOW test

crusin'k

I apologize if this has been answered before - couldn't find it in my search

I am trying to do what many have suggested - watch a YouTube video on how to do the COVID-19 Ag Card test test so we can do it onboard before flying home to FL after our RT Vancouver Alaskan cruise this month.  The first step says to download the Navica app.  I have tried to do that with my android phone 2 ways-scan the QR code on the box or do a search in Google Play.  Both of those state that my phone is not compatible with that app and cannot install it.  I have an LG Trac phone. Now what???  Is downloading the Navica app necessary or can we still do the test without it?

I downloaded the app on my iPhone but actually did the test by going directly to eMed.com on my laptop. That site immediately sent me an email with my results - which I printed (like a hard copy). 

My issue - my results never did show up in the app. I might call, but I don’t see why I would need them showing on the app itself apart from having a convenient spot/storage for all Covid test results. 🤷‍♀️ 

12 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

The Navica app is not required. You can also complete the test using a browser and going directly to the emed web page: https://www.emed.com

Thank you so much!  And then I guess we, hopefully, can get it printed either in the ilounge or guest relations.  Plan on checking that out well in advance of needing it

28 minutes ago, durberville said:

I downloaded the app on my iPhone but actually did the test by going directly to eMed.com on my laptop. That site immediately sent me an email with my results - which I printed (like a hard copy). 

My issue - my results never did show up in the app. I might call, but I don’t see why I would need them showing on the app itself apart from having a convenient spot/storage for all Covid test results. 🤷‍♀️ 

I did download the Navica app but I have actually never used it.  I log on to eMed on my laptop to do the test and then get the results by e-mail which I print and bring with me.  It seems easier to juggle it all in paper than switch between apps on my phone but others may feel the opposite which is probably the purpose of the app.

• Like 1

When you use the web browser and go to the emed.com site to take the test it will direct you to create a navica account.  You actually take the test using the navica application in the web browser, it's just that emed takes you there transparently.  But no you don't need the phone app.

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

When you use the web browser and go to the emed.com site to take the test it will direct you to create a navica account.  You actually take the test using the navica application in the web browser, it's just that emed takes you there transparently.  But no you don't need the phone app.

That may have been true in the past but apparently not true now. I’ve seen YouTube videos where it shows logging in to emed.com using Navica credentials but the the emed website no longer says anything about Navica. It specifically says you need an emed account now and will not accept Navica account credentials. I have both a Navica and emed account, the emed website does not accept my Navica credentials.

10 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

That may have been true in the past but apparently not true now. I’ve seen YouTube videos where it shows logging in to emed.com using Navica credentials but the the emed website no longer says anything about Navica. It specifically says you need an emed account now and will not accept Navica account credentials. I have both a Navica and emed account, the emed website does not accept my Navica credentials.

This has to be a pretty new change.  Their FAQ still reference Navica quite a bit.  In February, I had to use my Navica credentials to do the test.  That was the last time I needed a test.  My next test will be two weeks from today.  

Has anyone done the test since this change?  For any that have, were there any other changes to the process?

And, do NOT open the box, as in break the seal, until you are on line with the proctor.  This video shows how to take the test NOT individually wrapped.  Sorry I didn't watch the video first.  So sorry.