Taormina

Migueldentis

It is either taxi or Azamara excursion. We tried to plan for public transport options the last time and we ended up waving off a taxi after a long walk thru Giardini. There was supposed to be a bus, but it never came. We are planning on Azamara shore ex next time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Migueldentis said:

Thanks for your answers.

Do you remember approximately how much your taxi cost?

I have seen taxis in Giardini Naxos offering trips to Taormina for Euro 25 per car. The Taxi stand is near the place where the tender boats from Azamara arrive.

Ivi

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Migueldentis said:

Thanks for your answers.

Do you remember approximately how much your taxi cost?

The taxi was 25€ each way. No problem. If you need "no problem", just stay on board for a sea day. Many choices. We might even go for s beach day in Giardini and psy fot the sun beds

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2022 at 3:18 AM, Ilovemygarden said:

A couple of weeks ago we took the Hoho - although I think there was also a service bus.  Taxis were also plentiful.   Taormina is very pretty to stroll around.

We go to Taormina in September. What is the Hoho? We are looking forward to seeing Taormina for the first time. 

Don’t miss to visit the ancient theatre and try some fresh cannoli, very yummy. Taormina is one of my favorite spots in Italy, I always purchase the „Aqua di Taormina“ there, the perfume smells like vacation to me, it’s my signature scent 😍.

I also recommend the taxi . Once we took the public bus and I didn’t feel comfy on the small road uphill to Taormina - although the driver was very experienced.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, corinna121 said:

We go to Taormina in September. What is the Hoho? We are looking forward to seeing Taormina for the first time. 

HOHO stands for hop on hop off bus. Tours that are available in a lot of cities - inexpensive and an easy way to see the major attractions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

HOHO stands for hop on hop off bus. Tours that are available in a lot of cities - inexpensive and an easy way to see the major attractions.

Thank you Mackdogmolly. It does sound like a great way to see most cities. I have heard Taomina is very beautiful.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zipcruise said:

Don’t miss to visit the ancient theatre and try some fresh cannoli, very yummy. Taormina is one of my favorite spots in Italy, I always purchase the „Aqua di Taormina“ there, the perfume smells like vacation to me, it’s my signature scent 😍.

I also recommend the taxi . Once we took the public bus and I didn’t feel comfy on the small road uphill to Taormina - although the driver was very experienced.

Thank you zipcruise, we will certainly benefit from your great advice. We love cannoli and I enjoy trying new perfumes. Aqua di Taormina even sounds like vacation. I can't wait to try it. We will be sure to visit the ancient theatre!!

• 2 weeks later...

Best to go on your own as Taormina is very accessible with stunning views. The taxis were held to a 25 euro fixed price when we visited a few years ago and, as has been said, you can easily share with another couple if you are one or  two.

The Roman theatre does have long lines in busy seasons but is worth a wait providing the heat is bearable. You can view and photo Etna. through its framework.

We picked up a return taxi at the far end of the town which saved a longish walk back.

• Like 4