11:30 flight out of MCO???

knitdiva

I’m trying to convince my extended family that booking a flight to Canada out of MCO at 11:30 on the morning our ship gets back to Port Canaveral is not a good idea. Already told them I’m not doing it but they think it’s doable. 2 moms with 6 kids between 7 and 14. What do you all think? Too much stress for me😂

Considering that the airport suggests a : hour arrival time for international flights in the best of circumstances and the port is a little over an hour away, the math doesn’t work well.

8 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

Considering that the airport suggests a : hour arrival time for international flights in the best of circumstances and the port is a little over an hour away, the math doesn’t work well.

Yep. I gave them the math. To no avail so far.

Should have said 3 hour. Somewhere, the three went missing.

This does not bode well for your trip, I’m afraid. What other things are booked too close or in unworkable frames?

For an 11:30 flight to Canada you need to be at MCO NLT 9:30 (and earlier is better). With the ride from PC to MCO taking about an hour that translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 8:00.

If you all can carry your bags off and have dedicated transportation waiting (no time to wait for the shared shuttle to fill up) and there are no delays or problems you can make it. Too risky for me! Look at something leaving after 1:00.

We could have made that flight time...we were 4 adults and two kids 5 & 8. In our private shuttle and at MCO about 9:30am. We had a 12:20pm flight but unfortunately our flight was cancelled, delayed several times. Finally made it to DFW and AA had to put us up at a hotel with a flight out to LAX early the next morning.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

We could have made that flight time...we were 4 adults and two kids 5 & 8. In our private shuttle and at MCO about 9:30am. We had a 12:20pm flight but unfortunately our flight was cancelled, delayed several times. Finally made it to DFW and AA had to put us up at a hotel with a flight out to LAX early the next morning.

But they are flying internationally back to Canada…..big difference in how early they need to arrive 

• Thanks 1

If they can carry their bags off the ship during the early self-disembarkation, and if they have transportation to MCO awaiting them, they can get to the airport in about 35 minutes. They should have all their boarding passes printed out. If you're checking luggage to your airline, that starts to eat-up time. But the biggest problem are the security lines. Assuming everyone does not have TSA-Precheck, the biggest time risk is getting through security. Some lines lately have had 2 hour waits to get through.

• Like 1

MCO has the issue of Disney crowds.  PreCovid, Disney offered a luggage service for resort guests that took their luggage from their resort to the airlines so guests could skip the luggage drop off and go straight to Security.  That service ended and the luggage drop lines get very long. The Delta Sky Priority luggage line was over an hour when I was there last month.  

On 6/7/2022 at 8:21 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

If they can carry their bags off the ship during the early self-disembarkation, and if they have transportation to MCO awaiting them, they can get to the airport in about 35 minutes. 

35 min?

I know it's only 10 min, but that is a solid 45 min drive.

And 10 min with this tight schedule is huge.

COULD they make it? Possibly. 

IF the weather is agreeable

IF the ship docks on time (I'm assuming 6-7AM)

IF they walk off with their luggage (I'm assuming 7-8AM)

IF they have private transportation set up to pick them up/POSSIBLY could do 2 Lyft/Uber

IF the lines at MCO aren't too bad. (the check in line at FLL was INSANE to check luggage on our flight home in March)

IF they have Global Entry that would help a lot.

That & 6 kids--that's a whole lot of things that have to go right....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KKB said:

35 min?

I know it's only 10 min, but that is a solid 45 min drive.

And 10 min with this tight schedule is huge.

IF they have Global Entry that would help a lot.

Well from my house to the Port is exactly 1 hour and from my house to MCO is exactly 25 minutes, so I assume airport-port or v.v. is 35 minutes. But yeah, if it's a weekday with inbound to Orlando commuters, it could take longer. I wouldn't risk an 11:30am flight given all the IF's.

Also, I think Global Entry is something used for inbound to the United States passengers. While it does include TSA Pre-check, I doubt these Canadian citizens (especially the kids) would have it.

We only have one experience out of PC. It was 7AM port arrival time if I recall. We did self debarkation. We were off the ship and in our car at 7:30AM for our drive home. Assuming there are no issues debarking, it is possible. I would highly recommend TSA Precheck. My daughter was at MCO in early May. She arrived at 4:30AM for 7AM flight. Others she was with were in regular security and took almost 2 hours to get through. In your case, you are looking at say 7AM debark, 7:15AM assuming your ride is there, 8:15AM MCO. It is doable. However, any slip up or medical emergency can delay debarking.