Princess transfer Southampton > LHR

SomewhereGirl

Does anyone have a copy of the paper you're given mid cruise where you select your desired disembarkation time?  I'm wondering what the different times are for the airport transfers. 

If anyone has used the transfer to LHR recently what time did you disembark the ship and what time did you arrive at LHR?  Did your bus stop at all terminals or did they separate people by terminal?

As I understand it, the Princess transfer will take you to the terminal that is required. We did a private transfer, shared with another couple, and we went to our  correct terminal. 

I have taken this transfer a few times, but pre pandemic.

off ship 8-8:30am- 90 minutes to LHR on weekend, longer on weekday- traffic

you select your terminal, depends on number of passengers whether they stop at all terminals.

have also taken private transfer.

Do you recall if the 8-830 was the earliest option?  I know they usually list options for before or after a certain flight time.  I'm looking at a 2:40PM nonstop from LHR back to the US on a Tuesday.  Princess recommends flights after 1PM.  I'd prefer the earliest transfer even if it means sitting at the airport.  But with EZ Air are you even given the option to select the time?

1 hour ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Do you recall if the 8-830 was the earliest option?  I know they usually list options for before or after a certain flight time.  I'm looking at a 2:40PM nonstop from LHR back to the US on a Tuesday.  Princess recommends flights after 1PM.  I'd prefer the earliest transfer even if it means sitting at the airport.  But with EZ Air are you even given the option to select the time?

I'm flying out of LHR on a 2:40 pm flight on a Monday which I booked with EZ Air. We booked the Princess transfer separately (through our TA) and there was no option at this stage to pick what time. I'm assuming that onboard they will collect disembarkation information and make sure people get on early enough transfer buses.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, SomewhereGirl said:

If anyone has used the transfer to LHR recently what time did you disembark the ship and what time did you arrive at LHR? 

We disembarked 3/28 around 8:45am...bus left at 9am ish.  We were at Heathrow by 10:45am.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, SomewhereGirl said:

Did your bus stop at all terminals or did they separate people by terminal?

The bus was designated for Terminal 4 and there was only one stop....Terminal 4.  And everyone got off there. 

It was easy peezy and at a great price. 

31 minutes ago, junglejane said:

I'm flying out of LHR on a 2:40 pm flight on a Monday which I booked with EZ Air. We booked the Princess transfer separately (through our TA) and there was no option at this stage to pick what time. I'm assuming that onboard they will collect disembarkation information and make sure people get on early enough transfer buses.

BA LHR to PHX?  That's the one I'll be on in September.  After you recover from your journey, if you could post about your experience from selecting a transfer time to actual disembarkation and airport arrival time, I would ever so grateful.  And if you're doing the Princess onboard disembarkation testing, any info on how that went would be appreciated.  Safe travels and thank you!

And thank you to the others who replied also!

Edited by SomewhereGirl

6 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

BA LHR to PHX?  That's the one I'll be on in September.  After you recover from your journey, if you could post about your experience from selecting a transfer time to actual disembarkation and airport arrival time, I would ever so grateful.  And if you're doing the Princess onboard disembarkation testing, any info on how that went would be appreciated.  Safe travels and thank you!

Yes I'm flying BA LHR-PHX on 8/1. I'll post about my experience afterward. I keep hoping that the US drops the re-entry testing requirement. We'll be on the Emerald Princess and the recent sailings have reported that Princess offers testing onboard on the day before disembarkation to those with same day flights. Of course things constantly seem to change. But whatever happens I'll post about it.

• Like 1

The time to meet for the bus was on the disembarkation info we got. There was more then one bus then, but I don’t know if any left before 8 am. Had to wait half an hour while others got their luggage & bus filled up. Last time  driver dropped a couple off at the Hilton on our way to LHR.

I did a Southampton to LHR transfer in mid-May on a Sunday.  It left the port at around 8:30 and was at Heathrow by 10:15, including a 15 minute delay en-route due to a auto accident.  Unfortunately, my flight back to the US didn't leave until 7:30 pm so I had a lot of time to kill at Heathrow.  Admirals Club privileges don't carry over to British Airways clubs so I had to pay for a day membership into a club waiting area.  But I had a nice chat with a couple of Brits who were headed to Miami and that made the time go by a bit faster.

Since there were very few North Americans on the cruise, Princess didn't offer any excursions that ended at the airport.  With more people flying across the pond, that might be different, but you should be prepared for an early departure from the cruise port and to kill a bunch of time at LHR.

With a 2:40 pm flight she won't have to kill too much time. We wanted to do the Princess transfer that stops at Windsor Castle on the way to Heathrow, but there wasn't enough time to reliably make it to a 2:40 pm flight.

I too am wondering the time options for the transfer to LHR.   Our flight is later in the day and would prefer to not have to rush to catch a bus, just to sit at the airport.

Also, we are hoping to wait to book the transfer on board (Emerald Princess) to use our OBC.  Anyone try this?  Any problems with it being sold out on board?

16 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Our flight is later in the day and would prefer to not have to rush to catch a bus, just to sit at the airport.

Look for a tour that includes Windsor or Stonehenge and the drops you off at the airport.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

Heathrow is currently advising passengers to arrive 3 hr prior to flights to get through security etc. 

At 10:30 am on a Sunday in May, clearing security at LHR took no more than 10 minutes. YMMV however...

I did southampton to LRH in may...they never even collected the tickets that evryone had bought and bus was not full so sure seemed anyone could have just ridden for free....exact same thing in Feb from San Pedro to LAX..no tickets collected so could have just gotten on for free...seems strange that they don't collect tickets?

2 minutes ago, dockman said:

I did southampton to LRH in may...they never even collected the tickets that evryone had bought and bus was not full so sure seemed anyone could have just ridden for free....exact same thing in Feb from San Pedro to LAX..no tickets collected so could have just gotten on for free...seems strange that they don't collect tickets?

LOL. I had the same experience with the ticket to board the coach to LHR. 

No one looked at or cared that I had a negative test for the flight home, either.  The BA woman who checked my bag couldn't have cared less if I had the paper from Princess and no one at Logan in Boston cared either when I cleared customs.

54 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

LOL. I had the same experience with the ticket to board the coach to LHR. 

No one looked at or cared that I had a negative test for the flight home, either.  The BA woman who checked my bag couldn't have cared less if I had the paper from Princess and no one at Logan in Boston cared either when I cleared customs.

American Airlines checked covid stuff very very carefully and hassled me over my letter of recovery from princess...had to get a supervisor to override agent who had never seen letter of recovery before...bit of angst filled minutes as agent one said i would not be allowed to board flight

next time maybe i don't buy transfer ticket and just show up and get on and play dumb if they ask that oh i thought pay on bus......in san pedro all of us paid $39 to buy ticket on board and then u get off ship and there is a princess desk selling exact same ticket for $25 which was kinda insulting to us that bought onboard  but of course by then don't want to hassle with them over it so just grin and bear it...then they don't even collect ticket anyway....

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2022 at 7:35 AM, junglejane said:

Yes I'm flying BA LHR-PHX on 8/1. I'll post about my experience afterward. 

Hi @junglejane (or anyone who has recently disembarked at Southampton),

How did it go?  Approx what time did you disembark and what time did you arrive at LHR?  Was your disembarkation time assigned or did you have to choose?

Thank you.

It was pretty smooth. We left the ship about 8:15 am, claimed our luggage and boarded a Princess bus. The buses had signs indicating what terminal they were headed to, so we got on one for T5. It took about 35-40 minutes to load the bus. They waited until the bus was full to leave. It took about 90 minutes to get to Heathrow and I’d estimate we got there about 11:00 am. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

We just flew LHR to MCO on Aug 13.  We disembarked Island Princess on Aug 12 but did not want the stress of rushing to the airport.  We booked a private driver to pick us up at ship, do a 2 hour tour stop, then drop us at a Heathrow hotel.  Next morning took a taxi to Terminal 3 to arrive 4 hours before 12:45 flight.  We were almost first to check bags for our flight.  Used our Global Entry cards to get priority boarding passes through security.  A very thorough look at all our toiletries and electronics - glad we had so much time!  Then into the great hall to wait.  They don’t post gate numbers until 1 hour prior to the flight!  Fortunately a flight app I had showed our number a few minutes before it showed on the big board so we were early in line for actual boarding.  We thought the extra hotel night was well worth the lack of stress and ability to take an earlier flight in the day.  Four hours at Heathrow is not too much!

On 8/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, junglejane said:

It was pretty smooth. We left the ship about 8:15 am, claimed our luggage and boarded a Princess bus. The buses had signs indicating what terminal they were headed to, so we got on one for T5. It took about 35-40 minutes to load the bus. They waited until the bus was full to leave. It took about 90 minutes to get to Heathrow and I’d estimate we got there about 11:00 am. 

Can you tell me how much the pp cost was for the Princess transfer?

We took a Princess excursion to the airport. We boarded a bus that took us to Stonehenge. After visiting there for a while it continued on to Heathrow. It was a great way to get us and our luggage from Southampton to the airport and we got to visit Stonehenge along the way.

• Like 1