Hello there! Celebrity Apex - Sunset Verandah?

lemon bar

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

We have an opportunity to move from Deck 7 SV to deck 11 SV...is there any real difference?  Seems to be a good thing to be further away from EDEN?

That would put you between decks that have SV cabins above and below you. Not sure how noisy it is over Eden, but this would definitely be quieter...

Edited by Raxter54

We stayed in 7309 on the Edge last December. It was a Sky Suite on 7th deck. No noise at all could be heard from Eden. The balcony divider could be opened by a Celebrity employee if desired. We were very pleased with our view and location.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

We're in 12263 for this year's TA to Rotterdam. It is one floor below the buffet outside seating. We were on the Pacific Princess TA a few years ago, again in an aft cabin under the buffet outside seating, and had no issues at all. In any event, I would rather have a little noise than the new IV French balconies. 

Edited by LarryL
  • Like 2

We are so excited about our Asent 2025 we just booked-terrific pricing!  After changing our cabins 3 times 🤪  We all decided we wanted a regular balcony based on many Youtube reviews from Apex...hence Sunset aft.  We got the middle of deck 10- 10297 and 98, cannot wait, thx for all the pics ya'll!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, tinaincc said:

We are booked in 7311 on Apex next June for 12 days (AMS/ICELAND/IRELAND/UK) I really hope the weather cooperates and we get some time on the balcony.

At least you have that option in a Sunset with sliding door.  All others the Captain can lock if it's raining or very windy, etc.  That is he main reason we opted to go aft.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, lemon bar said:

hello all!

We are cruising on the Celebrity Apex in the Caribbean. We are choosing a sunset verandah - all decks available, any opinions on deck 9? Are the balconies pretty spacious?

(we have previously cruised on Royal Caribbean, that's it)

Thanks for allowing me to join this community!

Sailed SV on Edge decks 7 & 8 & loved them!

You can ask for a lounger to be brought to your veranda.

The ones in the middle  tend to be a bit more spacious.

Be sure to put a towel on chair/lounger before sitting as they can get sooty.

Enjoy!

We were in an SV on deck 7 on Apex and asked to be moved, which happened, fortunately. The pounding of the bass beat from the late-night DJ in Eden was ridiculous. We were relocated to an SV on deck 9, which was better (and had two lounge chairs instead of the one on the deck 7 balcony).

On 3/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, hrhdhd said:

We were in an SV on deck 7 on Apex and asked to be moved, which happened, fortunately. The pounding of the bass beat from the late-night DJ in Eden was ridiculous. We were relocated to an SV on deck 9, which was better (and had two lounge chairs instead of the one on the deck 7 balcony).

Oh no - we have Apex deck 7 in 90 days on APEX.  I am scared now, although I am so tired at the end of a cruise day that I sleep like a rock.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:49 PM, hrhdhd said:

We have a SV on deck 7 on Edge for next March. Unfortunately there are no other SV cabins we can move to. What time did the the music continue until?

25 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We have a SV on deck 7 on Edge for next March. Unfortunately there are no other SV cabins we can move to. What time did the the music continue until?

DJ was usually late night/early morning. Started ~10-11-ish and could go until ~1-2 (the program would say something like "11 p.m.-late").

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

DJ was usually late night/early morning. Started ~10-11-ish and could go until ~1-2 (the program would say something like "11 p.m.-late").

Oh no that’s quite late. I’d better take earplugs!

We are at the 90 day final payment countdown and I noticed that a few SVs came available so I moved to 10278.  I am relieved.  I was going to make the best of it if I had to stay on 7 but happy to have made the switch to 10. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

I booked a Sunset Veranda on the 12th deck. My reasoning was it gave me better access to the Oceanview Cafe. I have had balcony's below buffets on other lines before & it wasn't really an issue. I am quite guilty of being a foodie so having easier access to the buffet area is important to me! 😍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We just sailed on the Edge to Panama Canal on 11th deck SV and loved it.

The only complaint is that when we asked for 2 loungers to be put on our deck, the room steward said they aren’t allowing this anymore for safety reasons, which we knew was a crock since there were other cabins that had them.

Obviously we didn’t give our room steward as big of an additional tip that we would normally give but that doesn’t solve our problem of not being able to have enjoyed loungers on an SV on a 12 day cruise

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

We sailed in sunset verandah #9311 on the Apex last month and absolutely loved it. The room was spacious, had lots of storage, and our balcony had two loungers, two chairs, a fold-up table and an incredibly gorgeous 180° degree view. It was a bit of a walk to the theater but that negated the need to hit the treadmill! Would highly recommend! Oh yes, and we just have to give a shoutout to our wonderful stateroom attendant, Dimas, who was absolutely THE Best.

20240316_175456.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 10:56 AM, Josie201 said:

I should have been more specific .... I know the stateroom attendant has to do it.

Are the SV on Edge class able to be opened between all cabins on all decks?  If anyone knows... Thanks.

We had 3 across, the largest in the middle and one on either side.  All three could be opened although the opening to the starboard side was smaller.