Shareholder OBC

12 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

I don’t want to buy stock unless I know I am going to get the OBC the majority of the time. 

I dont really understand why you think you wouldn't. I use a TA and have my shareholder obc applied thru dec. ..havent submitted for next year. 

Do you have some free cruises or insider rates like interline. 

I believe what they are getting at is that a TA is not elible to receive shareholder OBC if they (that TA) were the actual passenger.  It does not apply to the TA's clients.

So, if you were to go cruising with your TA, you could get the shareholder OBC, but your TA could not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigeagle12 said:

I don’t want to buy stock unless I know I am going to get the OBC the majority of the time. 

That wasn't clear in your original post.

I agree that it sounds like TA's aren't eligible to receive OBC.  Probably because they are paid a commission.

5 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I believe what they are getting at is that a TA is not elible to receive shareholder OBC if they (that TA) were the actual passenger.  It does not apply to the TA's clients.

So, if you were to go cruising with your TA, you could get the shareholder OBC, but your TA could not.

It is TA rates which are a per day rate depending on the room category that you are not allowed to use the shareholder OBC with.  These are discounted rates and only available on select sailings and only for TA's and the TA must sail in the room booked.

TA's paying regular rates can use the shareholder benefit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is TA rates which are a per day rate depending on the room category that you are not allowed to use the shareholder OBC with.  These are discounted rates and only available on select sailings and only for TA's and the TA must sail in the room booked.

TA's paying regular rates can use the shareholder benefit.

Hi @Ourusualbeach, would you mind answering this question I recently sent to RCL shareholders but who knows if they will ever reply. 

i recently found a few Travel agencies using their online booking portal and found a fare description of TA F&F which I assumed means Travel Agency Friends and Family. This fare for me traveling solo is about $40-$50  less than the least available fare offered on the Royal website.  When I read about price guarantee within 48 hours of booking, I see a notation, the fare must be available on Royal website which these fares are not. Anyone accessing the booking engine for these Agencies can book these fares, so not only for TA’s. 

If I booked the TA F&F fare, do you know if it is eligible for shareholder’s benefit/OBC?

If so, I would consider booking this fare in the future. Also when I did book one and a few days later the fare dropped about $20 and still before final payment, I emailed the TA, and was told the TA F& F was applicable for ‘new’ bookings only and because I booked with NRD, to book at the now lower fare, I would lose the $100 NRD, so of course not financially prudent to lose $100 for a savings of $20.

A week later, I asked my TA to refare me to the lowest fare on the Royal website which was the recent WOW sale with OBC which I am pretty sure I will get shareholders, and will be slightly better than if I stuck with the TA F&F fare and it turns out Royal does not allow shareholders with a TA F&F rate booking.

Edited by wallyj

22 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hi @Ourusualbeach, would you mind answering this question I recently sent to RCL shareholders but who knows if they will ever reply. 

i recently found a few Travel agencies using their online booking portal and found a fare description of TA F&F which I assumed means Travel Agency Friends and Family. This fare for me traveling solo is about $40-$50  less than the least available fare offered on the Royal website.  When I read about price guarantee within 48 hours of booking, I see a notation, the fare must be available on Royal website which these fares are not. Anyone accessing the booking engine for these Agencies can book these fares, so not only for TA’s. 

If I booked the TA F&F fare, do you know if it is eligible for shareholder’s benefit/OBC?

If so, I would consider booking this fare in the future. Also when I did book one and a few days later the fare dropped about $20 and still before final payment, I emailed the TA, and was told the TA F& F was applicable for ‘new’ bookings only and because I booked with NRD, to book at the now lower fare, I would lose the $100 NRD, so of course not financially prudent to lose $100 for a savings of $20.

A week later, I asked my TA to refare me to the lowest fare on the Royal website which was the recent WOW sale with OBC which I am pretty sure I will get shareholders, and will be slightly better than if I stuck with the TA F&F fare and it turns out Royal does not allow shareholders with a TA F&F rate booking.

I don't believe that the F&F are eligible.  Those fares were also not eligible for the lift and shift.  Too many restrictions.  

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't believe that the F&F are eligible.  Those fares were also not eligible for the lift and shift.  Too many restrictions.  

Thanks for the quick reply Ken,  @Ourusualbeach.

It has only been a couple weeks since I emailed RCL shareholders for confirmation, but it appears I made the right decision to refare to WOW fare and get shareholders.

I have appreciated reading your many posts offering advice and perspective on many threads.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1