Diamond member free day of internet question in connection with onboard eMed testing

I’m considering not buying the internet package since I don’t really need it other than to take an EMed test onboard prior to flying back to the US. As a diamond member I am entitled to a free day of internet, however I don’t know if it is just surfing or also includes streaming which I believe I need to take the proctored eMed test. If the free day doesn’t include streaming can I purchase internet for just one day or do I need to purchase a weekly package? Thanks

The free Diamond day is just surf but I believe you can pay the difference to upgrade it to stream. that would be the way to go if you don't need internet for anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup.  When you create the internet account it will actually default to "stream" and you will owe around $7.  Had to click on a different button to get "surf" package. Same happened last time with D+, and a bit irritating that the credit doesn't quite pay for two days.

• Thanks 1

One thing to keep in mind ....... the internet works pretty good but depending where the ship is, you may  have a less than ideal connection. I would get feedback from those cruisers that have actually completed an e-med test on board and get their input.

• Thanks 1

If I wait until the last 1 or 2 days, I go on at midnight and get a extra night out of my 2 days, 3 nights. 

And the price for until end of cruise drops below my coupon for zoom and surf. Like my coupon for 2 days says 51.98 and I go on and it has been 49.98 the last times. So a extra night and I get surf and zoom. I would think the 1 day works the same. Wait for the end. Price drops. 

• Thanks 1

My daughter and 5 others just finished a RCCL Italy and Greece cruise. They all had just the surf package and had no problem. They were however in port in Split  Croatia since that was the day before they disembarked in Venice. They all reported the testing was very smooth and easy. Some of them shared internet, since they did not all buy the package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1