Indoor Heated Pool on the Crown?

LovetheSea

I have cruised on the Crown three times before. Always had an indoor pool. Someone said in a recent review on the Crown,  it had no indoor pools and the pools are not heated. Any recent cruisers tell me if this is true I booked this instead of the Discovery Princess because of the indoor pool on the Crown Princess. I like to swim to work off all the good food

Are you thinking of the Lotus Spa Pool on the Crown? That would be indoors. I haven't been on it since 2019, but at that time, as I recall, that is the only indoor pool.

Have you been on the Sapphire Princess perhaps? I believe she has an indoor pool in the Conservatory area.

I don't use the pools, so I don't know if they are heated.

No indoor pool on the Crown Princess. Never was. You must be thinking about a different ship or different cruise line. There are 5 pools and all of them are outdoor. Heated, maybe somewhat, but certainly not super warm. Rectangular pools which you can do some swimming in are the Lotus Spa Pool, deck 16 forward, Neptune's Reef and Calypso Reef pools on deck 15 mid ship. The other two pools are for dipping, Terrace Pool, deck 14 aft and Chill Out Pool, deck17 aft.

13 hours ago, LovetheSea said:

I have cruised on the Crown three times before. Always had an indoor pool. Someone said in a recent review on the Crown,  it had no indoor pools and the pools are not heated. Any recent cruisers tell me if this is true I booked this instead of the Discovery Princess because of the indoor pool on the Crown Princess. I like to swim to work off all the good food

• Like 1

We were on the Crown several times beginning in 2008. Always enjoyed days in the Sanctuary and the nearby Lotus Spa pool. Then,it had a resistance machine you could turn on to create something like a wake to swim against for an exercise experience. The pool was not heated and not covered.

MJ

On 6/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, MJSailors said:

We were on the Crown several times beginning in 2008. Always enjoyed days in the Sanctuary and the nearby Lotus Spa pool. Then,it had a resistance machine you could turn on to create something like a wake to swim against for an exercise experience. The pool was not heated and not covered.

MJ

Last time we were on it the generator was gone and the pool was heated. 

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

When did this happen?

Last time we were on the Crown was 2011.

Lucky that you had a heated pool!😎

MJ

I believe in was in 2019. I don't know if the main pools were heated or not but the Lotus pool is heated- sometimes it's to warm. 

If you can…switch to Discovery. Just got off the Crown. It is a sick ship and shouldn’t be sailing. Late to Ports..excursions cancelled. Sorry to say…but you should be aware. There are other threads with the details.

• Like 1

All one has to do is to look at the deck plans for Crown Princess. There is no Conservatory listed. The Conservatory is the area one deck above the second Lido deck pool and is the part that makes the pool "covered". No Conservatory = no covered pool.