Favorite/Least favorite WJ buffet items?

On 6/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, Luckynana said:

Yes!  I've had Paella poolside, although I don't remember if it was Royal or Celebrity.  Regardless, I just love Paella!!!😉

Grandeur used to do poolside too!  I always enjoyed watching them make it as much as I enjoyed eating it.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:32 PM, HicksRA said:

I can’t recall eating anything in the WJ and saying “Wow! That was great!”  

One shot at the scrambled eggs was enough for me….

I think they add something to the scrambled eggs or maybe they are the powdered eggs? I won’t eat them either but I will have the made to order omelettes. Those are made with fresh eggs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think they add something to the scrambled eggs or maybe they are the powdered eggs? I won’t eat them either but I will have the made to order omelettes. Those are made with fresh eggs.

They are not powdered eggs. Made from real eggs that just sit too long under the heat lamp. Order fresh scrambled eggs at the live grill station which was on the very back of the WJ on Mariner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ketchup fixes anything😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

They are not powdered eggs. Made from real eggs that just sit too long under the heat lamp. Order fresh scrambled eggs at the live grill station which was on the very back of the WJ on Mariner.

Pretty sure they are poured out of something like milk cartons. Still semi fresh, though

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure they are poured out of something like milk cartons. Still semi fresh, though

It's still not the same as "real" eggs.  I don't care how many eggs you crack open into the largest skillet, and how long they sit under a heat lamp, if they are actual fresh eggs, they will not be sitting in a puddle of water.  That comes from using "egg product" and it doesn't matter if it's powdered or liquid, it's not the same as cooking "fresh" eggs.  It's just gross.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

It's still not the same as "real" eggs.  I don't care how many eggs you crack open into the largest skillet, and how long they sit under a heat lamp, if they are actual fresh eggs, they will not be sitting in a puddle of water.  That comes from using "egg product" and it doesn't matter if it's powdered or liquid, it's not the same as cooking "fresh" eggs.  It's just gross.  

Okie dokie. 

FWIW, I use Egg Beaters all the time, and they work fine. 🙂 

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Okie dokie. 

FWIW, I use Egg Beaters all the time, and they work fine. 🙂 

It may be OK in a few serving, but when they pour gallons of it into a commercial-sized frying pan and then dump them into a warming tray, all that water ends up in the pan and I just find that disgusting.  I'd rather eat Jell-O. 😜

18 minutes ago, rudeney said:

It may be OK in a few serving, but when they pour gallons of it into a commercial-sized frying pan and then dump them into a warming tray, all that water ends up in the pan and I just find that disgusting.  I'd rather eat Jell-O. 😜

Eat off the top 😉

Modern solutions for modern problems

• Haha 1

It's been a few years since I have eaten in the WJ, but nothing really stands out in my memory as a favorite. However, I remember the burgers as being a disappointment.  I'll get another chance to try it out in the very near future.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Eat off the top 😉

Modern solutions for modern problems

But...but..I still see the water in there!  😮 

The solution is thomelettete station.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ketchup fixes anything😉

The problem with the scrambled eggs for me is that they are undercooked. I do not want any moisture in my scrambled eggs.. I want them dry. Ketchup can't fix that... my gag reflex cannot handle it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

The problem with the scrambled eggs for me is that they are undercooked. I do not want any moisture in my scrambled eggs.. I want them dry. Ketchup can't fix that... my gag reflex cannot handle it. 

I'm just the opposite - I prefer mine to be still not quite solidified.  Spongy eggs are the worst.  Well, no, that's not right.  Spongy eggs floating in water in a buffet tray are THE worst!  Honestly, I am the only one who can cook eggs the way I like them.  They have to be fully blended with a bit of heavy cream, and then cooked very quickly in skillet with a thin layer of bacon grease.  There was once a cook at a Waffle House that came pretty darn close when I told him what I wanted.  

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

I'm just the opposite - I prefer mine to be still not quite solidified.  Spongy eggs are the worst.  Well, no, that's not right.  Spongy eggs floating in water in a buffet tray are THE worst!  Honestly, I am the only one who can cook eggs the way I like them.  They have to be fully blended with a bit of heavy cream, and then cooked very quickly in skillet with a thin layer of bacon grease.  There was once a cook at a Waffle House that came pretty darn close when I told him what I wanted.  

I get that, and I agree. I am the only one that can cook eggs the way I like them.  Funny thing.. I actually love over medium eggs as well. Love the runny yolk with toast.. but the whites have to be fully cooked... nothing jiggly. My friends think I am weird... this is just one of the things that convince them of that. 

• Like 1

The little Cinnamon danish they have in the morning, it has a flaky dough.  And they don't always have them, when I see them I have like 3.

Our last cruise we ate one night in the WJ and they had braciola, I haven't had that in years and was so good.

My favorite is the Indian food and seafood. Wished they would make the curries spicier. Not sure what my least favorite would be since I don't have to eat things I don't like.

Wonder OTS March 4th Inaugural Cruise. This was the WJ on boarding day. If there were leftovers they definitely weren't served that night in the WJ or the next day at lunch. There was so much seafood it was unbelievable.

20220304_121636.thumb.jpg.9fda71c0085e8fc1644b5fcc33db5b84.jpg

20220304_121647.thumb.jpg.25dbdd3bcfa83569a6044711c1e4df0f.jpg

20220304_121700.thumb.jpg.b478d2f355294ba148af809f2defaf64.jpg

20220304_122240.thumb.jpg.7f0cfacddc8ae2f2ab47b1ff3e26f8fe.jpg

20220304_123823.thumb.jpg.b3dfb362646296b4f71dc06e6a69de40.jpg

20220304_123827.thumb.jpg.b04d5ae28d586a1cc07af8f4e50860d1.jpg

20220304_121837.thumb.jpg.b2e8ec2df1ab565f76f229ddbc04dce4.jpg

20220304_121708.thumb.jpg.badabb6c7443e70c88d101386c49484a.jpg

20220304_121737.thumb.jpg.8fa4a40988a378d6c0cff4424e4a4d50.jpg

20220304_121720.thumb.jpg.bc5da527db51f87f44fee46d8fa1f218.jpg

20220304_121826.thumb.jpg.6bf435958a327fd22a7fc96d8aef5666.jpg

20220304_124522.thumb.jpg.c079cd7c78c4222d59cb579d55e57193.jpg

20220304_124557.thumb.jpg.794f50b45d6d3b70a2a7f8e3360dc0ad.jpg

20220304_124602.thumb.jpg.8385892f9f4cbd650176dc42be3ebd6e.jpg

20220304_124654.jpg

On 6/11/2022 at 8:18 AM, Jimbo said:

Is Boarding day on Wonder like this on every cruise on that ship  or was that a one done and never to be seen again on that ship?  and only because it was the ship's first sailing?

It was one and done. I was on the first 3 cruises and I had hoped there would be a repeat at least for the second cruise. Nada, just the typical boarding day food.

7 hours ago, rudeney said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼