Move-Up Question

vacagrad

I think it depends on several factors, one of them being the category booked. We are in a suite and received a move up offer over 2 and a half months before our upcoming cruise. (Still heard nothing back on any of our bids.) I was also attempting to do a move up bid for our grandsons inside cabin but that was not eligible for bidding until a month before the cruise. Btw, I usually just check to see if the move up window is open and not wait for an email inviting me to move up.

The pop up does indeed say 21 days but I've never found it accurate.    I've seen it open between 14 days and 75 days.    I have 2 cruises of a 3 cruise series for August that opened up at 75 days and I suspect the 3rd will also.   On these cruises they have been fully sold out for months.

You can try occasionally or stay tuned to your Roll Call.    The last 2 cruises for some reason I didn't get a notification (It is hit or miss for me and I'm subscribed to all the marketing material etc). 

Edited by Jim_Iain

I've not gotten a Move-Up email, but you can go into their Move-Up site and enter your name/booking number to see if there are any offers.  I usually put in a minimum bid to upgrade to AQ or FV, especially if I am happy with my current stateroom.  Would never do it to upgrade to CC as you never know where on the ship you would get.

I think that the 21 day notice is a computer generated notice which actually means- move-up bids are not yet available for your cruise. Mine said that until 71 days out it took me to the bidding site. Have read multiple posts on CC which have said about the same thing. And I don't remember getting an invitation to bid.

Jim is correct.  Got an email 75 days out for my upcoming cruise.   Have gotten emails usually at 21 days and sometimes no emails at all.  It likely depends on the specific cruise and if X thinks they can generate extra dollars as their cost for an OV and Concierge passenger is almost the same.

I have received acceptance as much as a week before sailing and as little as the day before.

I’ve read when you move up you don’t necessarily get all the perks. We are CC AND Wanted Aqua but none were available. What would be a reasonable bid to go from CC to Aqua if it becomes available on the 10/12 TA? I’ve never done this so appreciate your expertise. I’ve sailed Aqua and my husband enjoys the sauna and steam after gym. Seems unbelievable that they are not in every mens and womens locker room. Also, Blu was wonderful . Just wondered if bid was accepted, would we have access? Nervous about being put on deck 12 though right below restaurants. Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, THeidger said:

I’ve read when you move up you don’t necessarily get all the perks. We are CC AND Wanted Aqua but none were available. What would be a reasonable bid to go from CC to Aqua if it becomes available on the 10/12 TA? I’ve never done this so appreciate your expertise. I’ve sailed Aqua and my husband enjoys the sauna and steam after gym. Seems unbelievable that they are not in every mens and womens locker room. Also, Blu was wonderful . Just wondered if bid was accepted, would we have access? Nervous about being put on deck 12 though right below restaurants. Thanks again. 

If you win a Move Up to AQ, you get all the AQ perks, including Blu and the AQ Spa, etc. 

• Thanks 1