Details on pre-cruise Covid test

We are planning tests before our upcoming cruise. Our local pharmacy provides the tests but they just have name, date of birth, result and date of test on them. Is that sufficient? I would have thought passport number or something like that would be needed to make them specific to a traveller. 

Here's what Royal posts on their site:

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

We are planning tests before our upcoming cruise. Our local pharmacy provides the tests but they just have name, date of birth, result and date of test on them. Is that sufficient? I would have thought passport number or something like that would be needed to make them specific to a traveller. 

You should carefully read the information sent to you from the cruise line for your specific cruise. There is specific information required, specific timing and specific tests required depending on cruise. 

We have used the RCCL-recommended eMed home test for all of our cruises. Fast. Easy. All done at the kitchen table while sipping morning coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Name and DOB makes it specific to a traveler; no?

• Like 2

I have always had to bring my passport to the Lloyds chemist test, and the # is recorded on the results doc. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

Not definitely but in all likelihood it does. There could be another Billy Baltic with my DOB but not with my passport number.  

I guess they are willing to take that chance; I have never shown any documentation other than my drivers license for a test (and no they did not record the DL number)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1