Sapphire Princess deck plans

marcc

Hi All

We are thinking of cruising on the Sapphire Princess next winter so I've been looking at the deck plans.

I'm trying to see if there is a lounge or bar that looks out toward the front of the ship. Like the HAL Crow's nest or RCI's  Viking Crown lounges.

All I seem to see is the fitness center and the extra-fee Sanctuary. Does anyone know if there are public rooms with a forward facing views.

Thanks

MarcC

There is a great aft lounge called Skywalkers. It looks like a shopping cart handle if you look at the ship. It is on Deck 17.

I do remember being able to go outside under the Bridge and be outside and it is a great view. No outdoor bar there and it can be windy when sailing.

There is nothing equivalent to HAL's Crow's Next. The Sapphire is a great ship though!

There are some rooms that are labeled as premium oceanview on the middle decks and they are essentially forward facing balconies, but allegedly you can only open it up when its in port. The room steward is supposed to unlock it when you're at port, but they might not always lock it.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

There is a great aft lounge called Skywalkers. It looks like a shopping cart handle if you look at the ship. It is on Deck 17.

I do remember being able to go outside under the Bridge and be outside and it is a great view. No outdoor bar there and it can be windy when sailing.

There is nothing equivalent to HAL's Crow's Next. The Sapphire is a great ship though!

FYI --Sapphire does not have the shopping cart Skywalkers, but rather the same Skywalkers layout as Ruby, Emerald, and Crown, and Diamond . The Caribbean Princess is the only remaining Princess ship with the shopping cart handle Skywalkers

Forgive the slight thread drift, but one Sapphire cruise for me has been cancelled because the ship was not ready to go back into service.  Getting nervous about my November Hawaii as Sapphire seems to still be in layup.

6 minutes ago, srpilo said:

FYI --Sapphire does not have the shopping cart Skywalkers, but rather the same Skywalkers layout as Ruby, Emerald, and Crown, and Diamond . The Caribbean Princess is the only remaining Princess ship with the shopping cart handle Skywalkers

You are right, I think of the interior and views the same way though. It is a great aft bar/viewing area!

5 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Forgive the slight thread drift, but one Sapphire cruise for me has been cancelled because the ship was not ready to go back into service.  Getting nervous about my November Hawaii as Sapphire seems to still be in layup.

My guess it deals with staffing issues. Not enough employees able to get visas to work, or previous employees have left industry.

4 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

We called our CVP to book and that day, the cruise we wanted on the Sapphire was cancelled. He said the pause was for an upgrade to the Wifi and satellitte hardware. He told me sailings would resume in Sept.  Of course the crew likely went to another ship, so as Coral says, staffing might be a problem. FWIW.

Answering the original question, only the Coral and Island have a buffet dining area that faces forward. 

All Grand Class have a wraparound Promenade at the bow. Public but windy. But if you're looking for a quiet place on the Diamond or Sapphire, find the Wake View Bar.

17 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Well, if you're nervous , I should be really nervous, I'm on the first sailing 9/24. 

3 hours ago, marcc said:

Hi All

We are thinking of cruising on the Sapphire Princess next winter so I've been looking at the deck plans.

I'm trying to see if there is a lounge or bar that looks out toward the front of the ship. Like the HAL Crow's nest or RCI's  Viking Crown lounges.

All I seem to see is the fitness center and the extra-fee Sanctuary. Does anyone know if there are public rooms with a forward facing views.

Thanks

MarcC

No. As mentioned Skywalker's, all the way aft and all the way up, has great views. Horizon Terrace also has nice views. The Conservatory above the Calypso Reef indoor pool is also a nice indoor lounging area.

7 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Well, if you're nervous , I should be really nervous, I'm on the first sailing 9/24. 

We are also on this cruise.  IF it's a go, we are scheduled to board at Berth 46, which should be interesting as there are 2 other large vessels loading at Berths 92 and 93.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, srpilo said:

Not quite true.  Shopping cart handles remain on Golden and .Star Princesses, now sailing for P&O AU as Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter.  The only ship to lose the handle was Grand.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Not quite true.  Shopping cart handles remain on Golden and .Star Princesses, now sailing for P&O AU as Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter.  The only ship to lose the handle was Grand.  EM

It's Very True ... Didn't I clearly state PRINCESS cruises  ??? .

The Op or any body else here isn't asking about P&O AU or past Princess ships 

Thanks for the info everyone.

We succumbed to our TA's blandishments and we put a deposit on our first post-covid cruise last night.

South America on Sapphire Princess, next February.

We'll try out Skywalkers for sure

Best

MarcC 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiRonT said:

We are also on this cruise.  IF it's a go, we are scheduled to board at Berth 46, which should be interesting as there are 2 other large vessels loading at Berths 92 and 93.

Oh no! Did not know that. That is going to be such a hassle to be shuttled back and forth. 

I'm really starting to think of just canceling this one. Sigh 😒

Edited by tonit964