American Express offer

Thanks for the heads up.   Unfortunately, it is not on my card this time but I did reap the benefits a while back and got $500 back from a $1500 charge on RCI after someone was good enough to post about the offer.   Good luck Amex card holders!

• Like 2

Which AmEX do you have if you don't mind saying? I have 3 but rarely get these offers. It's not on any of my 3 cards. In the past someone has posted a link and I've been able to get the offer that way.

15 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Lol the offer ended the first time (last fall) by the time I booked my cruise, and now I’ve already paid for my entire cruise and all the extras when the offer came back

It's all about timing. For me, it seems I'm always a dollar short and a day late.  I have the blue card. As long as I keep getting points for hotel stays I'm happy. 

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

Which AmEX do you have if you don't mind saying? I have 3 but rarely get these offers. It's not on any of my 3 cards. In the past someone has posted a link and I've been able to get the offer that way.

I just have the standard AMEX blue cash and received the offer last October  and used it.  Didn't get it this time though.

13 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I just have the regular blue card 

26 minutes ago, Valmoisy said:

If you use American Express you should check your offers.  I just received a new offer, spend $500 on Royal Caribbean get $125 back.

Got it! Thank you! I’ve been checking periodically and had a Celebrity one but was hoping for the RC to help with the blow of the inflated drink pkg😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I always get it on my Blue Sky Amex. Never on my Delta or Hilton. Sometimes on the Everyday card.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Lol the offer ended the first time (last fall) by the time I booked my cruise, and now I’ve already paid for my entire cruise and all the extras when the offer came back

It should work if you added $500 of on board credit.  Amex doesn’t know exactly what it is for….only that it is payment to Royal Caribbean.

• Like 3

Just now, truffles2 said:

It should work if you added $500 of on board credit.  Amex doesn’t know exactly what it is for….only that it is payment to Royal Caribbean.

It just occurred to me I hadn’t prepaid my gratuities so those are hanging out there. If I do a $500 charge with the expectation of using for gratuities and I have OBC leftover, can I get that back in cash? 

6 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I always get it on my Blue Sky Amex. Never on my Delta or Hilton. Sometimes on the Everyday card.

Thanks for the info. I only have Delta and 2 Hiltons. Most of those offers are nothing I can use.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

It just occurred to me I hadn’t prepaid my gratuities so those are hanging out there. If I do a $500 charge with the expectation of using for gratuities and I have OBC leftover, can I get that back in cash? 

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yep got in on the last AMEX deal for $500 (used 2X as it was on my card and my wife's).  This time just Norwegian no Royal.  In addition I just made our final payment yesterday so this would have been a nice little savings but oh well.  Can't win them all.