COVID Reimbursements

bigmjh

We were part of the unlucky ones that tested positive for COVID just before ending our cruise in Vancouver. When we tested positive, we were given a packet that contained several end-of-cruise options and other information. In this letter was an email address where we could submit receipts, etc. for reimbursement of COVID related expenses incurred while isolating in Canada. Does anyone have a copy of this letter or the email address that was contained in the letter? Celebrity has not responded to my requests for this information.

Thanks ...

40 minutes ago, bigmjh said:

We were part of the unlucky ones that tested positive for COVID just before ending our cruise in Vancouver. When we tested positive, we were given a packet that contained several end-of-cruise options and other information. In this letter was an email address where we could submit receipts, etc. for reimbursement of COVID related expenses incurred while isolating in Canada. Does anyone have a copy of this letter or the email address that was contained in the letter? Celebrity has not responded to my requests for this information.

Thanks ...

Have you called them?  An email will likely be lost in the thousands of other emails.   Even better write providing copies of everything.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Engagement Center was the group that processed my reimbursement.   Gotten about 2/3 of it back so far.

We submitted our claim on May 18th.  I checked with a Shoreside Concierge on May 30th to confirm it was successfully submitted.  Another call on June 15th prompted the refund.  When we first called the Engagement Center we were told to expect 30 to 45 days to process.

Just now, Northern Aurora said:

We submitted our claim on May 18th.  I checked with a Shoreside Concierge on May 30th to confirm it was successfully submitted.  Another call on June 15th prompted the refund.  When we first called the Engagement Center we were told to expect 30 to 45 days to process.

The only reimbursement I'm missing is the cancelled cruise due to testing positive on the B2B.   I immediately got the port and tax but was assured they processed the request.   I received back the reimbursements for quarantine etc.  but was split in 5 separate refunds which was difficult to match up.

I'll ping them again on Monday and see if I can get them moving. 

Are they paying/reimbursing for a hotel? My parents are isolating on Apex now and it is not clear what Celebrity's role is. They asked the front desk and were told that Celebrity is not reimbursing hotels anymore, but I know there is often miscommunication on seaside vs shoreside. 

21 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Are they paying/reimbursing for a hotel? My parents are isolating on Apex now and it is not clear what Celebrity's role is. They asked the front desk and were told that Celebrity is not reimbursing hotels anymore, but I know there is often miscommunication on seaside vs shoreside. 

Nevermind, I see now that it differs for US vs EU based cruises. 

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

The policy changed at the end of April and may have changed again since then.   Some of it depends on where you are sailing from and to.    When I caught Covid I was under the old plan and they covered isolation in a hotel for 5 days, plus food and a car.   That ended

First go to: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/travel  and read the FAQ -

Here's the policy for sailing in Europe between May 1 - November 30 (for Europe see second paragraph)

When you travel with Celebrity, they have you covered.

COVID-19 Assistance

Book any Celebrity Cruise that’s sailing between April 16, 2022 and November 30, 2022, and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund of your cruise fare for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. (To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity).
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.

If the Celebrity cruise you book will sail from the European Union or the United Kingdom between May 1, 2022, and November 30, 2022, you’ll also have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity will: cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard; you and your Traveling Party may stay onboard the ship for free to complete any required quarantine; and Celebrity will help coordinate homebound travel arrangements for you and your Traveling Party, but without covering the cost.

“Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise.

*Policy subject to change at any time

22 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Did Celebrity pay for your car rental as you decided to stay outside of Southampton?   

It was stated a little unclear -  Transportation to home or isolation or car rental, but I submitted both a taxi to Avis at Southampton Airport and and Avis rental and they covered both.   Not sure if they were just being nice but on the other side our food was far less than $100 pp per day.  Would be hard to eat $200 worth of food but we did have some really nice dinners.  

The policy prior to May 1 was totally different than what I posted above and was only outlined in a letter they gave me and no one would explain anything about it. . e.g. how many days.   I only found out about 5 days coverage when I submitted my claim.

Edited by Jim_Iain