ArriveCan Update Pier 91 Seattle - Alaska Cruises

Folks, just an update.  Carnival is still requiring that passengers have proof of completion of ArriveCan before you are allowed into the Pier 91 terminal building.  Passengers must show the QR code. 

The QR code can be on the phone, or a printed out paper version.  A family or friend group traveling together can be all included on a single ArriveCan account.  The staff member checking at the door can see if the QR code is for 1 person or up to 8 travelers.  All passengers must be together when showing the ArriveCan QR code to enter the building.

Reminder: the 72 hours requirement refers to the day you sail (embark), not when you arrive in Victoria (for those sailing from Seattle)

ProTip: if your ArriveCan is showing a red trash can next to everyone's name on your phone, it means that the ArriveCan is NOT complete.  You will be asked to step aside to finish your ArriveCan registration. While there is a couple of staff members that can help you, it is always advisable to come to Pier 91 with it completed.

Please have your ArriveCan out and ready to show, as well as the boarding passes for everyone in your travel group.  The line will go that much faster with everyone prepared.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your comments! Do you happen to know if there is any restriction on doing the ArriveCan "early" (eg: months before your cruise), or do we take care of that the week (or 2 weeks) before the cruise? Thank you!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Thank you for your comments! Do you happen to know if there is any restriction on doing the ArriveCan "early" (eg: months before your cruise), or do we take care of that the week (or 2 weeks) before the cruise? Thank you!

Some info could be entered like email and password, how arriving however it can't be completed and receive the QR code until 72hrs prior to embarkation. We are just off the Splendor and they checked multiple times while we waited outside the terminal prior to entering to make sure it had been completed. Unfortunately when we arrived in Victoria winds were 45knots and we could not dock.  FYI you will also receive a immigration form to complete for Canada a few days prior

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CruiseMGM, as @dbrucern mentioned, you can enter information such as scanning your passport, and entering which ship you sailing, stateroom number and where you will enter Canada (Ogden Point A&B  (Victoria) for those doing the closed loop cruise from Seattle).

If you do enter this info in advance, just remember to finish it up within 72 hours of walking on to your ship.  :  )

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@CruiseMGM, as @dbrucern mentioned, you can enter information such as scanning your passport, and entering which ship you sailing, stateroom number and where you will enter Canada (Ogden Point A&B  (Victoria) for those doing the closed loop cruise from Seattle).

If you do enter this info in advance, just remember to finish it up within 72 hours of walking on to your ship.  :  )

I believe you also need to upload proof of vaccination to ArriveCan.  That can be done in advance of the 72 hour window.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Folks, just an update.  Carnival is still requiring that passengers have proof of completion of ArriveCan before you are allowed into the Pier 91 terminal building.  Passengers must show the QR code. 

The QR code can be on the phone, or a printed out paper version.  A family or friend group traveling together can be all included on a single ArriveCan account.  The staff member checking at the door can see if the QR code is for 1 person or up to 8 travelers.  All passengers must be together when showing the ArriveCan QR code to enter the building.

Reminder: the 72 hours requirement refers to the day you sail (embark), not when you arrive in Victoria (for those sailing from Seattle)

ProTip: if your ArriveCan is showing a red trash can next to everyone's name on your phone, it means that the ArriveCan is NOT complete.  You will be asked to step aside to finish your ArriveCan registration. While there is a couple of staff members that can help you, it is always advisable to come to Pier 91 with it completed.

Please have your ArriveCan out and ready to show, as well as the boarding passes for everyone in your travel group.  The line will go that much faster with everyone prepared.

I would assume this is the same if leaving from San Francisco for to Alaska and Canada? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake53 said:

I would assume this is the same if leaving from San Francisco for to Alaska and Canada? 

Yes, as to the ArriveCan info.  I am not sure what happens outside the SF Pier (27?).  I do know Seattle's Pier 91 quite well.

I just wanted to differentiate between folks on the US closed loop cruises (Seattle & SF) and those doing the Vancouver, Whitter, etc cruises.  Since I am in Seattle and most of the Alaska cruises sail from here, I just highlighted Seattle.  Thanks for mentioning San Francisco.  ;  )

• Like 1

Just want to say Thanks for taking time out of your days to help passengers as a Port Embarkation SME (Subject Matter Expert) and sharing your knowledge.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for the update. I'm sure we'll need to do this for our New England / Canada cruise on the Legend in September. :classic_cool:

i recently did a canada new england cruise last month on a different cruise line, arrivecan was required for that cruise

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, huntnewt said:

We have two reservations, with 4 on one and 2 on the other. Do we just need to do ArriveCAN on one device for both reservations or does each reservation need to complete ArriveCAN?

At least in Seattle, all six of you can be on the the same ArriveCan registration QR code, but you have to be together when the staff person outside the terminal building looks at it.  If some of your traveling party is arriving at a different time, it would be better if they had their own Arrive QR code. 

Just now, Ferry_Watcher said:

At least in Seattle, all six of you can be on the the same ArriveCan registration QR code, but you have to be together when the staff person outside the terminal building looks at it.  If some of your traveling party is arriving at a different time, it would be better if they had their own Arrive QR code. 

Perfect! Thank you. We are on Splendor on July 5 and only having to complete this on only one device makes things a lot easier

27 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

Perfect! Thank you. We are on Splendor on July 5 and only having to complete this on only one device makes things a lot easier

Once the ArriveCan is completed and accepted, it will show the number of travelers in parenthesis next to the QR code.  The staff person will see (6) and wave you all through.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, huntnewt said:

We have two reservations, with 4 on one and 2 on the other. Do we just need to do ArriveCAN on one device for both reservations or does each reservation need to complete ArriveCAN?

Yes, one device is fine as long as you arrive together. Last week at Pier 91 we had 3 reservations with 6 total people and we had one ArriveCAN. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, huntnewt said:

I had all my family on mine with one QR code for all of us, I did print out and gave it to each adult incase anything should happen. 

• Like 1