Skagway forward Railroad berth damaged

azbirdmom

1 hour ago, Willwils said:

Thanks for these updates. Scheduled  for Skagway 7/12/22 on Majestic Princess. Hope we don't get canceled for that port. Even  if we can't dock, perhaps  they can  use tender. 

Friends of ours are on the Ruby which docked today without incident.  You should have no concerns about your sailing.  

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Yep, look for one of the most expedited repair jobs you'll ever see.

Remember, Nimitz got the Yorktown repaired in several days for the Battle of Midway.  It can be done.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

Remember, Nimitz got the Yorktown repaired in several days for the Battle of Midway.  It can be done.   

Just keep in mind how Yorktown finished that battle.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Has anybody heard whether this will in any way affect the White Pass Railroad operations?

There’s pictures in the article of them hauling boulders with a loaded train behind so operations don’t seem affected

We are on the Crown the first week in July Skagway is one of the few ports           left we go to, if Skagway gets eliminated will be a cruise with no ports just leave Juneau and that's only a few hours and Victoria,

23 minutes ago, lincolnimp said:

We are on the Crown the first week in July Skagway is one of the few ports           left we go to, if Skagway gets eliminated will be a cruise with no ports just leave Juneau and that's only a few hours and Victoria,

Crown is will be at the Broadway dock so you're not even scheduled to be at the Railroad dock.  Any ships shown as RRA or RRF may be moved until they fix the problem.

image.png.4d8d6dde9068380789ee4f9e62a03c1c.png

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like Skagway has come up with a solution that has allowed them to use the forward Railroad dock again.  Someone on the Discovery posted the picture below this morning and they no longer need to tender folks off the ship.

image.png.7ec3102d7871ee46754aa294b8eb56d5.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SightCRR said:

I thought that they have been using the forward dock for a while and it was the aft dock that was using the tenders. 

I could be all goofed up.

Ovation in late June RRA. I MET THE PRESIDENT OF ROYAL CARIBBEAN - YouTube

At 16:00 explains about the tenders. 

sightcrr

Depends if by "forward" you mean the dock closer in-land.  I'm guessing so, because both times I was there on Royal Princess (last week and the week before), we had a ship "in front" of us (both ships pointing in-land).  Last week it was the Solstice, which as far as I could tell was using its dock.  We being further out, had to tender around it (and even delay tendering back around 5:30 PM, as it was departing at 6 PM).

Smaller ships that were there the same days as us, including Grand-class ones like Crown last week, were docked in the more convenient locations directly in front of town.

• Like 1