After perusing the RC app ...

After perusing the RC app, we have a couple questions:  

- We aren't going to buy wifi -- but I understand the app is still available online?  These two things don't both seem to be possible.  Do they still provide a printed paper listing the next day's activities?  

- We can see the safety videos.  WHEN are we expected to officially view these /sign off on them?  

- We can see the MDR menus -- what a surprise!  But we can only see the first -- was it six nights? -- and our cruise is eight nights.  One of the days says "Venue closed".  Surely the MDR isn't actually closed for dinner?  And the others just say nothing.  Obviously, this is a first-world problem at its finest:  What will I eat for dinner three months from now?  But I'm curious about what's going on /why we can only see some of the evening's menus.  

THANKS for any info you might provide.  

Just now, Mum2Mercury said:

WHEN are we expected to officially view these /sign off on them?  

A few hours before boarding up till you go to your muster station.

Connection to the ship wifi is always available (and that's how the app works) - you add on internet connectivity by buying a Voom package.

When you get onboard there is a popup or go into settings and sign onto rcl wifi and then when asked click use the app for free. I could access all rcl sites in addition to the app. For free. Check prices for future cruises etc.

Put your phone on airplane mode so it doesnt try and connect. I used a tablet so didnt have to do this.

38 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- We can see the MDR menus -- what a surprise!  But we can only see the first -- was it six nights? -- and our cruise is eight nights.  One of the days says "Venue closed".  Surely the MDR isn't actually closed for dinner?  And the others just say nothing.  Obviously, this is a first-world problem at its finest:  What will I eat for dinner three months from now?  But I'm curious about what's going on /why we can only see some of the evening's menus.  

After you get to the first day's menu, look at the bottom of your screen.  You should see "Day 1"  "Day 2"  etc.  Click on those.

I have found for both the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity apps (which appear to be essentially the same), that the number of days you can see menus for your upcoming cruise matches the number of days of the current cruise the ship is actually on. So, if you have a 7-night cruise, and the ship is currently sailing a 5-night cruise, you'll see 5 nights of menus, then 2 extra nights with nothing (or Venue Closed for the current cruise's debarkation day). The actual menus for your cruise will load on embarkation day. 

45 minutes ago, owensamo said:

So, if you have a 7-night cruise, and the ship is currently sailing a 5-night cruise, you'll see 5 nights of menus, then 2 extra nights with nothing (or Venue Closed for the current cruise's debarkation day).

Do you have an example of where that is true (next sailing is longer than the current one and there's no MDR menu listed for the extra days) for any RCI ship for a consecutive sailing?

Edited by Biker19

49 minutes ago, owensamo said:

I have found for both the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity apps (which appear to be essentially the same), that the number of days you can see menus for your upcoming cruise matches the number of days of the current cruise the ship is actually on. So, if you have a 7-night cruise, and the ship is currently sailing a 5-night cruise, you'll see 5 nights of menus, then 2 extra nights with nothing (or Venue Closed for the current cruise's debarkation day). The actual menus for your cruise will load on embarkation day. 

This seems logical but I've got a cruise next month that is currently rotating between 3-, 4- and 7-day cruise but in the app I always see 4 nights of menu.

Edit - I may have lied. Right now I see all 4 nights of menus, but night 4 just has the vegan/kids menus. Right now Navigator is prepping for a 3-night cruise.

Edited by smokeybandit

Come and go, huh?  Weird.  

Yeah, I saw Days 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 all kinda like a Google spreadsheet -- but not Days 7, 8 and 9. 

I thought the same thing about the 8-night /6-night rotation, but it's been the same for a couple weeks. 

Thanks, All. 

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Do they still provide a printed paper listing the next day's activities?  

Yes, they still provide the cruise Compass.  I have read some had to request the Compass to be left in their room but so far we have received it each day without needing to request it.