Princess New Premier Plus

Hi 👋 there I would like to start a page to show the benefits or non benefits of have the Princess Premier over the Princess Plus which is starting tomorrow. If anyone boards before me on Sunday I am going to be show the new drink prices and how beneficial it is to have it or not. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

Hi 👋 there I would like to start a page to show the benefits or non benefits of have the Princess Premier over the Princess Plus which is starting tomorrow. If anyone boards before me on Sunday I am going to be show the new drink prices and how beneficial it is to have it or not. 

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and start the second leg of our B2B tomorrow. I have uploaded a lot of menus to this link (WR codes on board are already pointing to new prices).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12whWAkXXP7K8Al6zWXT09134H-8PwZdr

It mostly affects wine prices although I’m still waiting to hear if Good Spirits prices increase. I couldn’t get a good answer out of the servers today. 

As for specialty dining, we weren’t able to use our perk specialty dining this past week because they booked out so quickly. So I wouldn’t assume that those with Princess Premier will actually get to use that perk. 

Furthermore, Wi-Fi seems a bit spotty. It was mostly unusable this past week but working a little better today.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and start the second leg of our B2B tomorrow. I have uploaded a lot of menus to this link (WR codes on board are already pointing to new prices).

It mostly affects wine prices although I’m still waiting to hear if Good Spirits prices increase. I couldn’t get a good answer out of the servers today. 

As for specialty dining, we weren’t able to use our perk specialty dining this past week because they booked out so quickly. So I wouldn’t assume that those with Princess Premier will actually get to use that perk. 

Furthermore, Wi-Fi seems a bit spotty. It was mostly unusable this past week but working a little better today.  

I’m going on the discovery Princess on Sunday I figured the prices were going up so I added the premier package. Also because good spirits is my favorite bar im sure the price will go up to $15 but that’s just my guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

Did they offer any compensation for not being able to fulfill the specialty dining that you were supposed to be able to enjoy?

As I said in the other thread…

In my opinion this is the way for Princess to raise all their liquor prices. IMO it’s overdue.  I’m always surprised at the reasonable prices vs an onland restaurant or resort.  Across the board all prices and costs have increased in the past few years and especially months and this allows them a vehicle to do it under the guise of “premier pricing”.  So much interest here  is being focussed on that when in fact I’m sure we will see all beverages significantly increase to new thresholds 

Edited 3 minutes ago by tanyaewa

• Like 2

Just now, tanyaewa said:

As I said in the other thread…

In my opinion this is the way for Princess to raise all their liquor prices. IMO it’s overdue.  I’m always surprised at the reasonable prices vs an onland restaurant or resort.

Since they purchase the wine and liquor tax-free, they make a bundle of $$$ with every bottle sold.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

Since they purchase the wine and liquor tax-free, they make a bundle of $$$ with every bottle sold.

Absolutely- that’s food and beverage.  ALL liquor sales have very significant markups. There is no reason for Princess to not be in line with other pricing elsewhere which in turn increases revenues 
People are willing to pay much more for the exact same thing if they feel there is a prestige to it. If Princess wants to continue to attract a premier crowd they need to sell it as that.  There has to be a wholesale price increase due to industry cost increases and this is the vehicle to do that 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, tanyaewa said:

People are willing to pay much more for the exact same thing if they feel there is a prestige to it. If Princess wants to continue to attract a premier crowd they need to sell it as that. 

Hopefully people do not book a cruise line based on the company charging more for  beverages than the competition charges for the same beverages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Did they offer any compensation for not being able to fulfill the specialty dining that you were supposed to be able to enjoy?

Last April on Discovery we were given OBC because we weren’t able to get a reservation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

They did not offer but we also didn't push since it wasn't that important to us and so wasn't worth spending part of our vacation on it.  I just wanted others to be aware that especially with Premier offering specialty dining as part of the package, it is only going to get harder to get reservations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

Absolutely- that’s food and beverage.  ALL liquor sales have very significant markups. There is no reason for Princess to not be in line with other pricing elsewhere which in turn increases revenues 
People are willing to pay much more for the exact same thing if they feel there is a prestige to it. If Princess wants to continue to attract a premier crowd they need to sell it as that.  There has to be a wholesale price increase due to industry cost increases and this is the vehicle to do that 

But I do think we have an expectation of paying "something less than" on land since my impression is they acquire wine and liquor duty free.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, prmssk said:

Can you find out for us the cost of a glass of white wine (Pinto Grigio)?  Thank you

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Can you find out for us the cost of a glass of white wine (Pinto Grigio)?  Thank you

There are white wines within the Plus package ($10-12 a glass).  If you follow the link I posted in post no. 2, you can see the actual menus and find the price of the wines you are interested in.

I think menus are still being tweaked.  For example, the MDR wine menu looks a bit different and has a few different options today then it did yesterday.  I've uploaded new screenshots of that menu in the link I posted in post no. 2.

Looks like with the prices of a bottle of wine onboard, the $20 corkage fee per bottle brought on board isn't so bad now with multiple bottles brought on at embarkation......... we like Beringers and Woodbridge, so will be checking out local ports-of-call stores prior to boarding!  Still the Plus Package looks to be a cost savings too if you down a few glasses!

4 hours ago, prmssk said:

I think menus are still being tweaked.  For example, the MDR wine menu looks a bit different and has a few different options today then it did yesterday.  I've uploaded new screenshots of that menu in the link I posted in post no. 2.

You still don’t know about the Good Spirits not sure that’s included now but I’m guessing not.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, prmssk said:

Appreciate posting of menus! We have our first  Princess cruise September. Have sailed Celebrity many times and alway have premium drink package as a wine drinker.  Looks like I may upgrade to Premier but wonder about availability of advertised wines. We sailed Celebrity in May and availability of premium wines were a real issue. 

I'm sitting in Explorers Lounge now on the Caribbean Princess and a server just set down a paper menu that clearly marks what is covered by Plus and Premier.  It appears to be a completely different menu from last week.  A few drinks are the same but a lot have been eliminated and others added.  There are a number of new drinks that fall in the Premier Beverage package.

Explorers Lounge New June 25, 2022.pdf

I did not get a chance to stop by Good Spirits yesterday.  I was up super early to watch us come into Fort Lauderdale, long before the sunrise and so it was an early night.  This week we actually have a Good Spirits bar tender on board and the Good Spirits shows are actually on the menu.  The shows did not happen last week and Good Spirits drinks last week were not as good as I remember them being on the Emerald in February so hopefully this week will be better.  I also hope they are serving the drinks earlier.  Last week, you couldn't even get those drinks until after 6:00 p.m.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I'm sitting in Explorers Lounge now on the Caribbean Princess and a server just set down a paper menu that clearly marks what is covered by Plus and Premier.  It appears to be a completely different menu from last week.  A few drinks are the same but a lot have been eliminated and others added.  There are a number of new drinks that fall in the Premier Beverage package.

Explorers Lounge New June 25, 2022.pdf 6.63 MB · 1 download

I did not get a chance to stop by Good Spirits yesterday.  I was up super early to watch us come into Fort Lauderdale, long before the sunrise and so it was an early night.  This week we actually have a Good Spirits bar tender on board and the Good Spirits shows are actually on the menu.  The shows did not happen last week and Good Spirits drinks last week were not as good as I remember them being on the Emerald in February so hopefully this week will be better.  I also hope they are serving the drinks earlier.  Last week, you couldn't even get those drinks until after 6:00 p.m.

Thank you so much for this - it should answer a LOT of questions!