Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For those interested here’s the results of this morning’s internet speed test. But more to the point, I’ve been able to continually post to this thread with these blistering speeds! 😂

4EC46903-FA78-4F6E-9307-C1F691CBE859.jpeg.79a4069c6f09222d77b1878df46114ad.jpeg

You usually don't see upload speeds higher than download!

Glad things are all going well, Ken. We're following closely. We love CC dining, too, both for the atmosphere and the flexibility. Who is your waiter and assistant waiter?

Have fun!

Kevin

• Like 1

Just learned something important at the onboard Medallionet office if you’re having issues with your app onboard. It won’t fix all things, but it might help with those “freezing” moments. 

Go to the WiFi section in Settings and they click on the “i” to the right of MedallionNet.

Make sure “Private Wi-Fi Address” and “Limit IP Address Tracking” are turned OFF. We also have Auto-Join turned on, but that’s a personal preference. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Day 1 - July 2 - Barcelona Embarkation Day

579D0E14-1476-49B2-80A9-995E06B04639.thumb.jpeg.d4757b633060b44382a6b68c7c82a5b0.jpeg

3DC2D919-AA65-43AE-9F95-773ED2F72462.thumb.jpeg.40529941fb30f39a02be247179f0d269.jpeg

Interesting that the MDR's are listed as open from 6:00pm and PCL has been starting dinner at 5:00pm and offers times in DMW. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

Ken, have you checked out deck 18 for a walking track? There's little to no shade, but early or late it's a great track. At least once I remember them having little fruit skewers at a couple points around the track. 

Thanks for doing this thread. We board in October, so are following along and enjoying vicariously. 

Jim

Hi.  What dates are you sailing on Regal in October?  Have you visited the Roll Calls?  We are looking for a couple to join some of our small-group private tours (typically six maximum).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When we went by Guest Services earlier today, after a tasty lunch at the International Cafe, we found out there are 2,508 passengers on this leg and 3,358 booked on the next one with around 1,300 crew members.

Woah!!  1,300 crew sounds way light for a fuller ship of over 3,300.

42 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I was curious what was "normal"....?

According to Wiki:

Capacity 3,560 passengers
Crew 1,346

..so seems right in line...whether or not that's adequate....

3k+ would normally be a school holiday numbers maybe it's loads of US families flying over, too early for UK.

Be interesting what the final boarding will end up at.

3 hours ago, kml246 said:

You usually don't see upload speeds higher than download!

Glad things are all going well, Ken. We're following closely. We love CC dining, too, both for the atmosphere and the flexibility. Who is your waiter and assistant waiter?

Have fun!

Kevin

Our waiters are Charles and Luis. However, for the first two nights in the back section of CC Dining, there were only 4 other tables with people at when we left at 7 pm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi.  What dates are you sailing on Regal in October?  Have you visited the Roll Calls?  We are looking for a couple to join some of our small-group private tours (typically six maximum).

We're boarding Oct. 15 for just the 11 days from Barcelona to Rome. And yes, I joined the roll call a few days ago. We've already hopped onto one tour, in Naples, but are open to others. Is there a way to PM here?

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our Shore Excursions started working again on our app. Here is a list of all the Gibraltar excursions they are currently offering ( that aren’t sold out) on this cruise.

39FD66CE-9D5F-4F86-B4D2-125FB1D4438F.thumb.png.308b73ba86ab48c1665d38bcf9757d1c.png

whoa ! 😀 wine tasting. Use permanent ink when signing up for excursion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting that the MDR's are listed as open from 6:00pm and PCL has been starting dinner at 5:00pm and offers times in DMW. 

When we saw 6 pm in the Patter on the first day, we went down to the CC Dining section and they confirmed they actually open at 5:30 pm. It’s probably the same in the MDR. Someone probably just messed up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a fun afternoon and evening. First at 4 pm we went to a lecture, “From Ocean Liner to Megaship”, although only about 20 people came to watch Angela Kelly in the main theater.

E31A09AE-875D-4913-94C0-7BE636823407.thumb.jpeg.2d2724e49669900a5f5268d992ba184c.jpeg

Then it was off to CC Dining to enjoy a formal night dinner which included Escargot for a starter followed by Lobster Thermidor, which was fantastic!

C46CA439-4D67-4CDF-9526-8366A7657581.thumb.jpeg.b62814b6fc5a51114b81855a70a5cca4.jpeg

After dinner we went to a very enjoyable early production show, Sweet Soul Music,

A2031DB0-0A39-4AD1-ADBD-FBDD02A9D9D7.thumb.jpeg.9db5c4620f39d47e0f6b2ef3262f9b32.jpeg

followed by the Yes/No Game Show, which kept us laughing the whole time, in the Princess Live mini-theater.

4E37B5A3-8114-4C8F-B34F-983C5BB94FD5.thumb.jpeg.98d69dd6acc794760a560d88ee944c6e.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kml246 said:

We were always Grand Class ship fans, until sailing on two Royal Class ships - Majestic last Aug and Regal in Nov/Dec. Majestic was very different since it's designed for Asian market. Regal we very much enjoyed and will be on her for this identical trip starting Sep 24. In Feb and April this year we were back on Grand Class ships - Caribbean in Feb and Emerald in April. It may have been that they were both sorely in need of dry dock, but we are now Royal Class fans and look to book those if possible. We will be on Enchanted in three weeks!

Kevin

To be honest, I'm going to be SO thrilled to be back onboard after all the cancelled cruises that I don't care what class of ship it is.  🙂  Just give me Crooners and Vines and I'm good.  Oh and the still-warm chocolate chip cookies,  Oh, and the Fettucine Alfredo.  Oh, and....I could go on. LOL

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Manderius said:

Also looking at the cabanas in the sanctuary and pricing if you get there.. and where to sign up for one.. again TY Ken been waiting for you to go to follow lol

I think the cabanas in the picture were actually “part” of the Sanctuary, but surrounding the Retreat pool outside the Sanctuary’s enclosed area, especially since we got the impression you had to reserve them there at the Sanctuary Front Desk.

We’ll do some more research the next time we’re up there in the next few days. Hopefully someone with more experience with the Regal’s Sanctuary perks beyond the Front Desk entrance can share there knowledge of what’s beyond there.

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Could you post the specialty restaurants that are open on the Regal.   We will be on  in Oct.  TIA

Sabatinis Italian Restaurant, Ocean Terrace Seafood (a la carte) Bar, and the Crown Grill Steak Restaurant are all we know about that are listed in the Patter.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sabatinis Italian Restaurant, Ocean Terrace Seafood (a la carte) Bar, and the Crown Grill Steak Restaurant are all we know about that are listed in the Patter.

Thanks. At least there is three even though not familiar with Ocean Terrace — maybe because I don’t eat seafood.