Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

22 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Interesting that the new Lyon, Provence & the Rhineland cannot be booked online and is instead “call for a quote.” That one must be a logistical problem juggling reservations across two existing itineraries. Needs a human instead of a computer program to figure it out.

I expect the problem is not figuring out the options, but presenting it to the user in a way that isn't confusing. The agent can help ensure the customer knows the differences between the rooms for each leg. If someone hears "free laundry" and ends up not having free laundry at the point in the trip they need it then there's an unsatisfied customer.

22 minutes ago, CannotSwim said:

I expect the problem is not figuring out the options, but presenting it to the user in a way that isn't confusing. The agent can help ensure the customer knows the differences between the rooms for each leg. If someone hears "free laundry" and ends up not having free laundry at the point in the trip they need it then there's a unsatisfied customer.

Agree. Also I don’t think the website is designed to allow you to pick multiple ships/staterooms across multiple legs. In looking at other multi ship cruises (River/Ocean) they also require a call.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

New Offer!

Based on my cruise in July, this one is similar to previous promo but adds gratuities while increasing the fare more than the cost of gratuities. So for us, the end of the year promo was a better deal. Phew!

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EIC23/20230101?contid=30060438766_1013887849&utm_id=email_vrc.54664382&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54664382&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

E4D8C333-94E5-48CC-989C-66A26B3D6BB5.jpeg

75E802C6-576E-40A4-BE23-2667380EDFAD.png

46123A40-893B-46AA-A69B-9F61A268F406.png

75DAA783-2AD8-4313-AF86-F89C7BD75A09.png

3A3F2CA8-ACA9-4306-9A1E-24D5FAA91BDB.png

DEE51889-8C73-4897-8669-85B0E87E4504.png

A321C062-C7FD-4CE7-A4EF-83478378FA39.png

53E2C3BC-C971-4058-B27D-34855EB6D32F.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

New Offer!

Based on my cruise in July, this one is similar to previous promo but adds gratuities while increasing the fare more than the cost of gratuities. So for us, the end of the year promo was a better deal. Phew!

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EIC23/20230101?contid=30060438766_1013887849&utm_id=email_vrc.54664382&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54664382&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

E4D8C333-94E5-48CC-989C-66A26B3D6BB5.jpeg

75E802C6-576E-40A4-BE23-2667380EDFAD.png

46123A40-893B-46AA-A69B-9F61A268F406.png

75DAA783-2AD8-4313-AF86-F89C7BD75A09.png

3A3F2CA8-ACA9-4306-9A1E-24D5FAA91BDB.png

DEE51889-8C73-4897-8669-85B0E87E4504.png

A321C062-C7FD-4CE7-A4EF-83478378FA39.png

53E2C3BC-C971-4058-B27D-34855EB6D32F.png

Thanks @Clay Clayton!  Been waiting for a Med ocean sale for a while! 

Edit:  It's a sale, but as Clay said it's not a deal.  

Edited by Selion
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Selion said:

Thanks @Clay Clayton!  Been waiting for a Med ocean sale for a while! 

Edit:  It's a sale, but as Clay said it's not a deal.  

Yes thanks Clay!  With the demand surge there may be no more deals, just “sales” like free air and $25 deposits and free SSP.  We like the ones where the actual cruise itself price drops significantly since we always do our own air.  

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 1

Call it a sale, deal or whatever. Using Clay’s EIC23 promo code, we cancelled and rebooked Canada and New England Scenic Shores. For a net of $99 + $100 cancellation fee pp, we upgraded from DV6 to DV1 (813) with free SS for this 2 week cruise. Original promo also had free gratuities and did have free $399 air, but the DV1 is based on V2 pricing hence the net of $99. And there was no included SS which has value for us even though we don’t drink alcohol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes thanks Clay!  With the demand surge there may be no more deals, just “sales” like free air and $25 deposits and free SSP.  We like the ones where the actual cruise itself price drops significantly since we always do our own air.  

Then check his latest posting which includes up to DV1 at V2 pricing, gratuities, SSP but no free air.

• Like 1

Ocean Asia Flash Sale

Free Category Upgrade

Free International Air

Promo Code AFS23

Expires Jan 23, 2023

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AFS23/20230111

Offer AFS23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 11 to Jan 23, 2023. Free category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on

Mar 2 & 21, 2023 departures of Komodo & the Australian Coast;

Mar 18, 2023 departure of Secrets of Southeast Asia;

Apr 18, 2023 departure of Across the Bay of Bengal;

Apr 29, 2023 departure of North Pacific Passage;

Apr 6, 2023 departure of Bangkok, Bali & Beyond.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Jan 23, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 23, 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Selion said:

Ocean Asia Flash Sale

Free Category Upgrade

Free International Air

Promo Code AFS23

Expires Jan 23, 2023

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AFS23/20230111

Offer AFS23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 11 to Jan 23, 2023. Free category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on

Mar 2 & 21, 2023 departures of Komodo & the Australian Coast;

Mar 18, 2023 departure of Secrets of Southeast Asia;

Apr 18, 2023 departure of Across the Bay of Bengal;

Apr 29, 2023 departure of North Pacific Passage;

Apr 6, 2023 departure of Bangkok, Bali & Beyond.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Jan 23, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 23, 2023. 

@FLORIDA FLOUNDER I recall that you were looking #158 for an Offer Code for an April 2023 Across the Bay of Bengal cruise.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hockeyump said:

Just received an email from Viking with a very good offer but probably only applies to Viking UK bookings.  May be a similar offer elsewhere.

Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer

15 Days | Buenos Aires to Santiago

12 & 17 March 2023 departures
Was from £9,695 per person
Now from
£4,995 per person

Just for additional info, this is a EXPEDITION ship , so quite a good price. We are booked on the 12th March leg.

1 hour ago, Hockeyump said:

Just received an email from Viking with a very good offer but probably only applies to Viking UK bookings.  May be a similar offer elsewhere.

Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer

15 Days | Buenos Aires to Santiago

12 & 17 March 2023 departures
Was from £9,695 per person
Now from
£4,995 per person

When I click on the link, I don’t see the lower price…is there a code mentioned?  I want to share it with some Scottish friends as since it includes air and gratuities it is quite the deal. 

5 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

When I click on the link, I don’t see the lower price…is there a code mentioned?  I want to share it with some Scottish friends as since it includes air and gratuities it is quite the deal. 

Offer code is EXPP , you can use this to build a price. I will pre-warn your Scottish friends in advance that the flights are poor, London only and indirect .... but the price is great and it also includes the SSP as well.

It is for UK residents only of course

On 1/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, Squawkman said:

Call it a sale, deal or whatever. Using Clay’s EIC23 promo code, we cancelled and rebooked Canada and New England Scenic Shores. For a net of $99 + $100 cancellation fee pp, we upgraded from DV6 to DV1 (813) with free SS for this 2 week cruise. Original promo also had free gratuities and did have free $399 air, but the DV1 is based on V2 pricing hence the net of $99. And there was no included SS which has value for us even though we don’t drink alcohol

Squawkman - we’ll finally meet.  We had booked this Sept 26 Canada/NE cruise a bit ago and now want to cancel and rebook like you did.  Good deal.  TA said it isn’t permitted, so given you were successful I will try calling Viking directly.

35 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Squawkman - we’ll finally meet.  We had booked this Sept 26 Canada/NE cruise a bit ago and now want to cancel and rebook like you did.  Good deal.  TA said it isn’t permitted, so given you were successful I will try calling Viking directly.

Let us know how it works out. I can always email you my Viking agent’s extension.

1 hour ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Thanks so much!

Booked it! 🙌🏻

GREAT!  I'd appreciate it if you could follow up after your trip and let me know which excursions you selected and recommend so that when we visit most of those ports a year later we'll have some informed guidance to help guide our selection of excursions.  And if you need someone to look after your place in FL while you're gone, I could use a break from the Seattle rain... Ha Ha Ha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Is there a promo code for booking a trip within a week of returning from a trip? I think it's called "Welcome Back" or "Welcome Home." Has anyone ever received this? I think it's worth $200 per person. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve done this several times always with my Viking agent. Booking must be within 14 days of disembarkation from any cruise and you get $200PP SBC for any cruises you book. SBC can be used before embarkation or on board. I can email you his phone extension if you’d like.

5 hours ago, geordie_jim said:

Offer code is EXPP , you can use this to build a price. I will pre-warn your Scottish friends in advance that the flights are poor, London only and indirect .... but the price is great and it also includes the SSP as well.

It is for UK residents only of course

Thanks!   I doubt they will go but it’s a such a good deal. 

I have two Viking FCC for a total value of $8794.00 that must book a cruise by June 06/17/2023
This voucher expires on 6/17/2023. You will need to book a cruise by that date. You do not need to sail by that date. ..  I'm in stage D heart failure and won't be able to use ! SAVE 20 %  selling for $7,000.00

On 12/14/2022 at 8:16 PM, Selion said:

Expedition promo for Feb to Mar 2023 sailings.

Free Air

Free Silver Spirit Beverage Package

Offer Code PAT22

Offer expires Dec 31, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/PAT22/20221214

Offer PAT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Dec 14 to Dec 31, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on

Feb 20; Mar 13 & 18, 2023 departures of Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer;

Mar 27, 2023 departure of Panama & Scenic South America;

Apr 13, 2023 departure of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia to Canada Grand Explorer;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia, Fjords & Panama Canal;

Mar 6, 2023 departure of Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords.

Air pricing varies per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Dec 31, 2022; pay in full by at time of booking. Offer expires Dec 31, 2022. 

I received an email this morning entitled "Explore South America, Canada & the Atlantic Coast" wherein which the Offer PAT22 on select Expedition voyages, which @Selion first reported under posting #363, has been extended to the end of January (instead of end of December) and may have been enhanced with additional savings.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/PAT22/20221214

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
Plus, Save Up to 30% On All-Inclusive
Expedition Voyages
Offer ends Jan 31, 2023

Offer PAT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 15 to Jan 31, 2023. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on 

Feb 20; Mar 13 & 18, 2023 departures of Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer;

Mar 27, 2023 departure of Panama & Scenic South America;

Apr 13, 2023 departure of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia to Canada Grand Explorer;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia, Fjords & Panama Canal;

Mar 6, 2023 departure of Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords.

Air pricing varies per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Jan 31, 2023; pay in full by at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023

• Like 3

On 1/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, Squawkman said:

On 1/12/2023 at 6:44 AM, Squawkman said:

Let us know how it works out. I can always email you my Viking agent’s extension.

Squawkman -

Success!  Today I was able to work with Viking and my TA and we got the Canada/New England cruise rebooked on Clay's EIC23 promo code for a ton of savings!  Even got to keep our same cabin number.  Thank you and Clay.   We do our own air always so that didn't matter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Squawkman -

Success!  Today I was able to work with Viking and my TA and we got the Canada/New England cruise rebooked on Clay's EIC23 promo code for a ton of savings!  Even got to keep our same cabin number.  Thank you and Clay.   We do our own air always so that didn't matter.

You will be venmoing me my commission correct?😂

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Haha 1