Clay Clayton

River Promo

Free International Air

Reduced Fares

Offer Code AT23

Expires 4/30/2023

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/AT23/20230413

Offer AT23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 13 to Apr 30, 2023. Cruise from $2,299 per person based on select Aug 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube in category F; cruise from $2,399 per person based on select Aug 2023 departure of Lyon & Provence in category F; cruise from $2,999 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; select Oct 2023 departures of Cities of Lights; select Dec 2023 departures of Portugal’s River of Gold; select Jul 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe; select Oct 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium in category F; cruise from $3,199 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; cruise from $2,499 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Chateaux, Rivers & Wine in category F;  cruise from $4,999 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Capitals of Eastern Europe in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Apr 30, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023. 

Air Promo:
FREE international airfare based on Aug-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Jul-Aug 2023 departures of Lyon & Provence; Sep & Nov 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; Sep-Nov, 2023 departures of Cities of Lights; Jul & Nov-Dec, 2023 departures of Portugal’s River of Gold; Jul-Nov 2023 departures of Grand European Tour; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube; Jul-Sep & Nov 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe; Holland & Belgium; Jul -Sep 2023 departures of Chateaux, Rivers & Wine; Jul-Aug & Nov 2023 departures of Capitals of Eastern Europe. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer AT23. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selion said:

River Promo

Free International Air

Reduced Fares

Offer Code AT23

Expires 4/30/2023

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/AT23/20230413

Offer AT23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 13 to Apr 30, 2023. Cruise from $2,299 per person based on select Aug 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube in category F; cruise from $2,399 per person based on select Aug 2023 departure of Lyon & Provence in category F; cruise from $2,999 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; select Oct 2023 departures of Cities of Lights; select Dec 2023 departures of Portugal’s River of Gold; select Jul 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe; select Oct 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium in category F; cruise from $3,199 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; cruise from $2,499 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Chateaux, Rivers & Wine in category F;  cruise from $4,999 per person based on select Jul 2023 departures of Capitals of Eastern Europe in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Apr 30, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023. 

Air Promo:
FREE international airfare based on Aug-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Jul-Aug 2023 departures of Lyon & Provence; Sep & Nov 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; Sep-Nov, 2023 departures of Cities of Lights; Jul & Nov-Dec, 2023 departures of Portugal’s River of Gold; Jul-Nov 2023 departures of Grand European Tour; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube; Jul-Sep & Nov 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe; Holland & Belgium; Jul -Sep 2023 departures of Chateaux, Rivers & Wine; Jul-Aug & Nov 2023 departures of Capitals of Eastern Europe. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer AT23. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023.

10 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

So Clay, are you going to bite the baited hook?

We have bitten all the hooks we can at the moment.  We leave a week from tomorrow on a transatlantic on NCL and spend 10 days in Paris and Iceland before returning home and then have Mike’s 60th birthday cruise -Iceland and Norwegian Arctic-in July. We still owe our niece her high school graduation present (Covid canceled the plan for her to meet us in Paris & London) and since she graduates from college next year, we are hoping to do something with her over her winter break.  So our 2023 travel budget is more than wiped out!😢

And I continue to believe that for our circumstances booking relatively last minute is better for us. So we will see what promos appear in the future.  I’ve begun to think rather than a WC that will be a number of places we have been, we might do better to do some other cruises to new places like Antarctica🤔

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 3

Think about i Antarctica ....the free air offered now is good!

You can add onto both ends with good extensions.

the Expedition Ships are well thought out.  We had friends who went in January this year ( we were suppose to be on that cruise but all of a sudden the valve in my husband's heart needed to be replaced) and our friends really enjoyed the cruise.  We had done the WC together!

This just in….

Experience thoughtfully planned ocean voyages

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/april_2023/041423_voc_aes23/hero1.jpg

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
FREE International Airfare

ASK FOR OFFER: AES23

CHECK AVAILABILITY

Sail through the iconic Strait of Gibraltar as you explore Spain’s Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines. Encounter otherworldly landscapes while circumnavigating Iceland. Or watch for whales off the coast of Alaska as you cross the North Pacific on a fascinating voyage that starts in Canada and ends in Japan. Join us on board one of our small, elegant ships and experience The Viking Difference—award-winning service, an included excursion in each port, dining options inspired by your destination and much more.

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/april_2023/041423_voc_aes23/itin_1.jpg
Iceland, British Isles & Iberia

Barcelona to Reykjavík

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: May 29, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/april_2023/041423_voc_aes23/itin_2.jpg
Trade Routes of the Middle Ages

Bergen to Barcelona

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departures: Jun 6 & Sep 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/april_2023/041423_voc_aes23/itin_3.jpg

NEW ITINERARY

Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada

Reykjavík to New York City

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: Jun 6, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/april_2023/041423_voc_aes23/itin_4.jpg
North Pacific Passage

Vancouver to Tokyo

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: Sep 17, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

On 4/5/2023 at 7:02 PM, CCWineLover said:

Here is what my Viking person sent me regarding this promotion.  The devil is in the details, to be sure and not quite like stated above.   They list specific itineraries that the offer LCT23 applies to.  Two points to consider.  It does NOT apply to all itineraries, only those listed.   It does apply to all dates that currently appear on Web Site for those specific listed itineraries up into 2025 and to new bookings only.

From Viking:

Here is the specific list of cruises (49) under the LCT23 promotion.  The longer cruises get the $1000 per stateroom shipboard credit and the shorter cruises get $500 per cabin shipboard credit.  

Across the Bay of Bengal

Adriatic and Mediterranean Sojourn

Alaska and the Inside Passage

Amazon and Caribbean Adventure

Ancient Adriatic Treasures

Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities

Ancient Mediterranean Treasures

Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia

Baltic Jewels and the Midnight Sun

Bangkok, Bali and Beyond

British Isles and Iceland Explorer

British Isles Explorer

Cities of Antiquity and the Holy Land

Classic Panama Canal Passage

Far East and Alaska

Far Eastern Horizons

Grand Australia Circumnavigation

Grand Fjords and Iconic Viking Shores

Grand Hawaii and Polynesia

Grand Pacific Explorer

Greek Odyssey

Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Beyond

Iceland and Norway’s Arctic Explorer

Iceland’s Majestic Landscapes

Iconic Iceland, Greenland and Canada

Iconic Mediterranean Treasures

Iconic Western Mediterranean

Into the Midnight Sun

Italian Sojourn

Italy, the Adriatic and Greece

Journey to Antiquities

Komodo and the Australian Coast

Mediterranean and Adriatic Sojourn

Mediterranean and Italian Sojourn

Mediterranean and Italian Sojourn

Mediterranean Antiquities

Mediterranean’s Iconic Shores

North Pacific Passage

Panama Canal and Central America

Scandinavia and the British Isles

South America and the Chilean Fjords

South Pacific Sojourn

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia and Hong Kong

Southeast Asia Horizons

Venice, the Adriatic and Greece

Viking Homelands

Viking Homelands and Majestic Iceland

Voyage of Marco Polo

Thank you for the post. I’m currently booked (and paid for) the 15 day Panama and Central America cruise in November 2023. It seems like a good deal to cancel ($100 pp penalty) and get onboard credit. Not sure if it’s $500 or $1000.  Does that make sense? Waiting to hear back from my TA tomorrow. 

This cruise is a $500 shipboard credit.  I have the booklet with this promo.  You should do a "fake" booking online and see what comes up.

I would tell my TA to ask Viking to add the promo to your booking before you cancel and rebook.

Your TA might tell you that "she" also has a cancellation fee.

If I had to guess, they would just add the promo to your current booking.

34 minutes ago, mimijes said:

P.S.  I did do a ‘fake’ booking, but did t see the OBC amount. Where did you get that information? Thanks again. 

I go into the "Price and Build" and enter the promo code.
Interesting that it says up to $1K, while the brochure says $500.
Here is the acknowledgement from Viking of a successful promo code-

Offers & Discounts
Offer code entered

Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per couple

LCT23

TOTAL
- -

Kent,  Can you cancel and re-book or move your June trip?  That looks like a great deal.  Free air and upgraded cabin which does not mean much to me unless they upgraded to PV.  As far as I am concerned not enough difference between V and DV's!

2 hours ago, MikeyB said:
I go into the "Price and Build" and enter the promo code.
Interesting that it says up to $1K, while the brochure says $500.
Here is the acknowledgement from Viking of a successful promo code-

Offers & Discounts
Offer code entered

Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per couple

LCT23

TOTAL
- -

It was $1000 total, $500 for each of us (2 people).

2 hours ago, deec said:

Kent,  Can you cancel and re-book or move your June trip?  That looks like a great deal.  Free air and upgraded cabin which does not mean much to me unless they upgraded to PV.  As far as I am concerned not enough difference between V and DV's!

To late to rebook!  Too many plans set in place.

I did find that "upgraded cabin" on cruises we investigated the past few times weren't quite what we thought.  It mean "upgraded within a category".  Meaning all DV's cost the same, all PV's cost the same.  OK but no upgrade from one category to another (like DV to PV).

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, mimijes said:

Thank you for the post. I’m currently booked (and paid for) the 15 day Panama and Central America cruise in November 2023. It seems like a good deal to cancel ($100 pp penalty) and get onboard credit. Not sure if it’s $500 or $1000.  Does that make sense? Waiting to hear back from my TA tomorrow. 

Just tried to do that to save 2700 dollars on our river cruise in October but viking told my TA that it isn't possible.  Not sure why not... It clearly states that I can cancel for 100pp and I can clearly see that there are cabins available.  TA says they are cracking down on the cancel to rebook.. I don't want to risk the chance of losing my spot so I just am going to take it as a loss.  

Regarding being told that one has to rebook for a different date, something is "off" here.

Once pax have cancelled according to the proper terms and paid whatever penalties are in force, they should be "free agents", able to book whatever cruise they wish - including the same trip that might now be discounted - subject to availability.

I know of nothing in the Viking terms and conditions that restricts pax from selected future bookings just because they cancelled a prior trip - would love to see that if someone knows otherwise.

If Viking is inventing new booking rules to preclude pax from properly exercising contractual terms to their benefit, I'd be extremely disappointed. Hopefully, someone will cancel and rebook the next day to test this and let us know. 🍺🥌

• Like 6

6 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Regarding being told that one has to rebook for a different date, something is "off" here.

Once pax have cancelled according to the proper terms and paid whatever penalties are in force, they should be "free agents", able to book whatever cruise they wish - including the same trip that might now be discounted - subject to availability.

I know of nothing in the Viking terms and conditions that restricts pax from selected future bookings just because they cancelled a prior trip - would love to see that if someone knows otherwise.

If Viking is inventing new booking rules to preclude pax from properly exercising contractual terms to their benefit, I'd be extremely disappointed. Hopefully, someone will cancel and rebook the next day to test this and let us know. 🍺🥌

I would like to know this as well.  I feel like if I cancel within the 120 days and receive my money back/ less the 200 dollar fee I could just rebook the cruise online couldn't I?   My issue is that I already had paid air plus and selected my flights and didn't want to mess any of that up.  They were unwilling to work with us and allow me to keep my cabin and flights so I just let it go.  I have heard of others being able to do it with their TA's help but I am not sure why there are so many inconsistencies with viking.  Many times it depends on who answers the phone.  We were unhappy with the last cruise we took/ the transatlantic and now I am very displeased knowing that I have paid almost 3000 more than others booking today (for a cruise 5 months away!  It's not last minute).  After this cruise I am looking for another cruise line.  Viking surely is not rewarding those of us that have been repeat cruisers in any way.

• Like 1