Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Today's email

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WCS23/20230224.html

image.png.4019e217e029aa5ebc3f4aaa50a51e1a.png

Offer WCS23: Offer valid on bookings made from May 15 to May 31, 2023. Complimentary Deluxe Veranda upgrade from Veranda to Deluxe Veranda (V2-DV1) and Penthouse Veranda (PV3-PV1) plus free Business Class airfare valid on Dec 20, 2023 departure of 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise; Jan 6, 2024 departure of 2024 Viking World Journeys; subject to availability, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by May 31, 2023; pay in full by June 30, 2023. Offer expires May 31, 2023.

• Like 1

any one the fence?  this is a great price especially if all the original OBC is still part of the deal!  I would be VERY tempted but we have our Antarctica Trip rescheduled from 2023 for early January 2024.  Maybe they will offer it Again next year!

Edited by deec

On 5/15/2023 at 12:22 PM, deec said:

this is a great price especially if all the original OBC is still part of the deal!

Back in March when Viking first used WCS23 offer code, all World Cruise perks were included.

No promo code needed, but this was emailed to me today - an expanded 10 day Rhine cruise that includes 2 more days and excursions than Rhine Getaway for the same reduced fare and air (cabins from $1,999 with $599 air + $25 deposit). It's offered off season for this winter 2023-4:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/treasures-of-the-rhine/2024-amsterdam-basel/index.html#noscroll

🙋‍♀️Hello wise pals on the Viking Board.

Just an opinion question..

What do you think the chances are that there will be a promotion code coming soon for a decent discount on either the "Italian Sojourn" or "Venice, the Adriatic and Greece" sailings at the end of March of 2024.

I guess minimum free airfare and best case scenario a great discount on the almost 4K pp fare.

Nobody has a crystal ball.. but anyone have any thoughts or experiences with something similar?

Thanks in advance.😊

50 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

What do you think the chances are that there will be a promotion code coming soon for a decent discount on either the "Italian Sojourn" or "Venice, the Adriatic and Greece" sailings at the end of March of 2024.

I guess minimum free airfare and best case scenario a great discount on the almost 4K pp fare.

Nobody has a crystal ball.. but anyone have any thoughts or experiences with something similar?

Thanks in advance.😊

If your dates/plans are flexible, you can wait until Nov/Dec 2023 and see if those itineraries pop up on Viking's flash sales.  Keep an eye on the available rooms.  If most categories on these itins are showing "sold out" on Viking's site, then Viking most likely won't have a flash sale for them.

If your dates/plans are not flexible (i.e. anniversaries, birthdays, any date-related milestone celebrations), then bite the bullet and book the cabin when they go on sale and you find the promo perks acceptable.  You'll have more rooms & categories to choose from.

I booked the "Venice, the Adriatic and Greece" during the height of pandemic, July 2020, for March 2022 for our 20th anniversary.  I was happy with the fares & promo at the time.  But it was the pandemic and bookings were weak, Viking dropped the fares by $500pp and added free air 2 months before our departure.  Well, at least I got the wake-view DV1 cabin I wanted.  Wouldn't have that cabin if I waited until Jan. 2022 to book.

Edited by Selion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Selion said:

If your dates/plans are flexible, you can wait until Nov/Dec 2023 and see if those itineraries pop up on Viking's flash sales.  Keep an eye on the available rooms.  If most categories on these itins are showing "sold out" on Viking's site, then Viking most likely won't have a flash sale for them.

If your dates/plans are not flexible (i.e. anniversaries, birthdays, any date-related milestone celebrations), then bite the bullet and book the cabin when they go on sale and you find the promo perks acceptable.  You'll have more rooms & categories to choose from.

I booked the "Venice, the Adriatic and Greece" during the height of pandemic, July 2020, for March 2022 for our 20th anniversary.  I was happy with the fares & promo at the time.  But it was the pandemic and bookings were weak, Viking dropped the fares by $500pp and added free air 2 months before our departure.  Well, at least I got the wake-view DV1 cabin I wanted.  Wouldn't have that cabin if I waited until Jan. 2022 to book.

👋 Oh thanks so much Selion for taking the time for such a thoughtful response.

So I guess if I'm waiting for a true bargain I should aim more for the end of the year to look for a promotion code rather than in the next few months.

We are a little bit flexible with our dates.. DH works in a group where he and his partners claim the weeks they want off months in advance and there can only be one person on vacation at a time.

I guess I could block off the week of one of those cruises and hope for the best.  The weeks can always be put back in the "pot" for grabs if we don't need them.

We have gotten spoiled as far as prices since of our Viking Ocean cruises were in late 2021 and mid 2022 when COVID was still a factor.

I will keep checking the availability and see how the cruises I am interested in are selling and go from there.

Thanks!😊

@Sleep7  You're welcome!  Might I also suggest you start a spreadsheet to track the fares and availabilities.  Here's the Iconic Western Med I'd been tracking since March:

image.thumb.png.3c91b8fe98a5c3d7b1685364b19cde68.png

This way you can see what fares Viking was/is asking, and whether if the promo is worth considering.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Selion said:

@Sleep7  You're welcome!  Might I also suggest you start a spreadsheet to track the fares and availabilities.  Here's the Iconic Western Med I'd been tracking since March:

image.thumb.png.3c91b8fe98a5c3d7b1685364b19cde68.png

This way you can see what fares Viking was/is asking, and whether if the promo is worth considering.

👏 BRAVO Selion!! 👏

Awesome spreadsheet of price changes.. I love that!

I'm a computer zero so my spreadsheet would be done with paper and pencil but that is a great idea.

19 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

Thanks in advance.😊

If you use last year as a guide, in August 2022 Viking offered a free stateroom upgrade as well as the Silver Spirits package for Mar-Oct of 2023 sailings - the tours you are interested in were included in the promotion (see post #106 on page 5 of this thread).  Hopefully, they'll offer something similar for the 2024 dates.  Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RexMesiter said:

If you use last year as a guide, in August 2022 Viking offered a free stateroom upgrade as well as the Silver Spirits package for Mar-Oct of 2023 sailings - the tours you are interested in were included in the promotion (see post #106 on page 5 of this thread).  Hopefully, they'll offer something similar for the 2024 dates.  Good luck.

👋 Oh thanks so much RexMesiter for that info.. great to know when promotions usually appear for the cruises in the time frame that I'm interested in.

My fingers are crossed that it's more than a stateroom upgrade or better liqueur.. both of which I could take or leave.  I guess time will tell.

Thanks again for your help.😊

Just booked Nov. 10th sailing of Grand Hawaii and Polynesia using the Memorial Day sale.  Would have preferred the Jan '24 sailing but sale made Nov. $3k pp cheaper plus received free air & SSBP.  Only disappointment is despite being listed as a benefit we weren't permitted a 1 category bump.  Didn't expect they would give me a PS3 for price of a PV1 but wouldn't even give me a PV2 for price of PV3.  Rep said promo only included category upgrades within DV's.  Anyone run into this before?

6 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Just booked Nov. 10th sailing of Grand Hawaii and Polynesia using the Memorial Day sale.  Would have preferred the Jan '24 sailing but sale made Nov. $3k pp cheaper plus received free air & SSBP.  Only disappointment is despite being listed as a benefit we weren't permitted a 1 category bump.  Didn't expect they would give me a PS3 for price of a PV1 but wouldn't even give me a PV2 for price of PV3.  Rep said promo only included category upgrades within DV's.  Anyone run into this before?

I took advantage of the category bump. I’m 99% sure if you booked a PV1 or PV2, you paid the PV3 price. I booked a DV1 for the price of a V2. I just tried it with price and build, and you are correct. I agree the offer is misleading as it doesn’t mention the PV exclusions. BTW, no V2s we’re available, but I could’ve booked a DV2 for the price of a V1. I’d write to Tellus about this.

7 hours ago, deec said:

where did you get the Memorial Day promo?  not in my email, snail mail or Viking web site.

Thanks so much for posting!

Also received an email offer Tuesday afternoon.  Been receiving a similar 1 every day since.

Not sure anyone can decode V marketing scheme. 

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Also received an email offer Tuesday afternoon.  Been receiving a similar 1 every day since.

Not sure anyone can decode V marketing scheme. 

I currently have nothing booked with Viking and have been getting a LOT of email and mail promotional material.

• 2 weeks later...

Viking River Cruise  2024 London, Paris & D-Day 80th Anniversary

This is the Seine River Cruise bundled with a WWII focus pre-extension in London: Bletchley Park, Churchill War Rooms, and Portsmouth D-Day Museum.

We just returned from London and visited Bletchley Park last week. It's a marvelous place to visit. Lots of interactive exhibits and the history of the codebreakers. We've already been to all the places on the tour, including the VRC river tour, otherwise this would be a top choice for me.

Map of Paris

Bletchley Park

IMG_3103.thumb.jpeg.cef9b5d03c1465a8f7c7a4d77f7a05ae.jpeg

Enigma MachineIMG_3171.thumb.jpeg.67f294cee18765640fbf2e624e12c042.jpegIMG_3154.thumb.jpeg.a2d0709a90c8a93397c418cc8d3c7d25.jpeg

Birthplace of Modern ComputersIMG_3140.thumb.jpeg.06e467a08d7e0b3c3fec9365599d9030.jpeg 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1