NCL and pre cruise covid tests

Velvetwater

Anyone got an idea how international cruisers can book a pre cruise test for NCL?

The diagnostics lab place on their website doesn't ship tests out to us in the UK.

We will be cruising from NYC on the Breakaway so anyone with knowledge with that area for testing would be great.

Thank you 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

Anyone got an idea how international cruisers can book a pre cruise test for NCL?

The diagnostics lab place on their website doesn't ship tests out to us in the UK.

We will be cruising from NYC on the Breakaway so anyone with knowledge with that area for testing would be great.

Thank you 

We are sailing out of Southampton in September, and are looking to do emed testing, 24/7 no appointment needed. 
Not sure if you can have shipped to UK, we will hand carry the kits to the UK.

28 minutes ago, rikitikitavii said:

We are sailing out of Southampton in September, and are looking to do emed testing, 24/7 no appointment needed. 
Not sure if you can have shipped to UK, we will hand carry the kits to the UK.

Thanks! I will research these

Ncl accepts these in the US?

1 hour ago, Velvetwater said:

Thank you 

I answered your question on the East Coast Departures board, and recommend using CityMD, which is a chain of walk in urgent care medical centers with many locations in NY City and surrounding areas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I answered your question on the East Coast Departures board, and recommend using CityMD, which is a chain of walk in urgent care medical centers with many locations in NY City and surrounding areas.

I'll check your post. Haven't got any notifications about that one yet.

3 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Thank you 

How spooky - we live in Warwickshire too.

We are on the Bliss out of Seattle on 16th July but will be in the US from 12th. Ive ordered two Antigen kits coupled with a video call so that the test is "proctored". We will be in Portland on the Thursday before the cruise and have booked our video calls at 8am and 815am Pacific time. The company we are using is called Qured and I ordered the kits last week and have them now to take with me. They were £27 each including the video call. Its really straightforward

There website is Covid-19 Fit to Fly Tests | PCR and Antigen | Qured

If you have any questions let me know

7 minutes ago, Markj said:

We are on the Bliss out of Seattle on 16th July but will be in the US from 12th. Ive ordered two Antigen kits coupled with a video call so that the test is "proctored". We will be in Portland on the Thursday before the cruise and have booked our video calls at 8am and 815am Pacific time. The company we are using is called Qured and I ordered the kits last week and have them now to take with me. They were £27 each including the video call. Its really straightforward

I used Qured in Costa Rica last month to fly back to US no problem

On 7/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, Velvetwater said:

Thank you 

We are planning to use virtual OnPoint testing next week. They are $15 pp and you supply your own unopened test. You can use any brand of test as long as it is government approved - I am using BinaxNow. 

15 minutes ago, Jacqueline92689 said:

We are planning to use virtual OnPoint testing next week. They are $15 pp and you supply your own unopened test. You can use any brand of test as long as it is government approved - I am using BinaxNow. 

Thanks for this reference-    Just went to their website.  In addition to proctoring your own test, they have walk-up sites in several cities.

On 7/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, Jacqueline92689 said:

Have you used them before? I have a company that does this kind of testing, & the final paperwork didn't include Dr's name which was a supposed requirement for Carnival. I had scheduled an in person backup test & ended up using that one.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, victory2020 said:

Have you used them before? I have a company that does this kind of testing, & the final paperwork didn't include Dr's name which was a supposed requirement for Carnival. I had scheduled an in person backup test & ended up using that one.

I have an appointment for Friday for my Sunday sailing on NCL Joy but have done extensive research and saw customers

from Carnival, RCL, and NCL all say they have successfully used them to board. 

53 minutes ago, Jacqueline92689 said:

I have an appointment for Friday for my Sunday sailing on NCL Joy but have done extensive research and saw customers

from Carnival, RCL, and NCL all say they have successfully used them to board. 

Just found out today I won't be needing to test since I'm leaving from Amsterdam! 🙂 I may be using them in the future though.

On 7/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, Markj said:

Haha spooky! 

I've just tried to book a qured fit to fly and it has asked me for a flight date? Would that be my cruise date? So if my cruise departed on the 14th id put that? Or a day before?

Thanks 

17 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Haha spooky! 

I've just tried to book a qured fit to fly and it has asked me for a flight date? Would that be my cruise date? So if my cruise departed on the 14th id put that? Or a day before?

Thanks 

Yes I put the cruise date when I ordered the kit. But don't worry too much because the kits come about 5 days after you order them and you can book your video call on the date and time you need to meet the NCL requirement of 2 days. We sail on Saturday so my video appt is Thursday morning at 8am US Pacific time