Just back! Our VIKING SKY-mazing 7 day Ancient Mediterranean Treasures - 6/25 to 7/2/2022. Full trip report with tons of pix!

Sleep7

4 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

Thank you so much TayanaLorna!!  I'm so glad that you followed along and that you enjoyed it.

Have an awesome time on your cruise in February and get to Old Navy quick before the winter coats are put out!😁

LOL, we live in Puerto Rico and don't get to much in the way of winter coats in the stores.  Seasonal change over is to long pants, shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters mostly.  

• Haha 1

Thank you for your detailed posts, photos, and commentary.  And so quickly after a long journey home.  Really enjoyed reading it.  Did you have a prior CC Live from... ? Seem to recall enjoying that one, but have not found it now. Biz class...What a treat! Never found it as inexpensive as you! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

Thank you for your detailed posts, photos, and commentary.  And so quickly after a long journey home.  Really enjoyed reading it.  Did you have a prior CC Live from... ? Seem to recall enjoying that one, but have not found it now. Biz class...What a treat! Never found it as inexpensive as you! 

😊Oh thanks so much FetaCheese.. I do remember you making very sweet comments on my last Viking blog about our Iconic Mediterranean cruise on the Sky from November of 2021. 

The blogs are similar.. same hubs.. similar title..  same points of view.. lots more masks but different ports though!😁

Here is the link.

And yes.. I felt SO fortunate to find that coach/biz combo for only a few hundred dollars more than coach/coach.  It was a sweet time!

The RT coach fare was higher than usual.. maybe that's why.💁‍♀️

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I feel like I just went on a fun cruise. Thank you!

Well thanks so much Twitchly!!

That is truly the perfect compliment.. that was just my aim.🥳

23 hours ago, Azulann said:

My next Viking cruise is not till 2023 so your food pictures will just have to do for many months! 
look forward to you next Viking trip report!

We have recently rescheduled this cruise (along with the Athens to "Venice" leg) for fall of 2023 for happy family reasons. I too have been hanging on every word/photo from this review. Maybe by then the airlines will have caught up with our desire to travel again!

Thanks, Sleep7.

Edited by lackcreativity
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lackcreativity said:

We have recently rescheduled this cruise (along with the Athens to "Venice" leg) for fall of 2023 for happy family reasons. I too have been hanging on every word/photo from this review. Thanks, Sleep7!

👋Hi lackcreativity!

Well I'm so glad that it's a happy family reason that you had to postpone.. that's always a good thing!!

The more things to look forward to the better.

I'm so happy that you found my blog enjoyable and thorough! I'm honored!

On 7/3/2022 at 2:41 AM, Sleep7 said:

Hellooooooo to all the Viking fans on the board! 

We are just back from an absolutely fantastic 7 day "Ancient Mediterranean Treasures" sailing from Athens to Istanbul.  Just flew home yesterday and the smiling has not stopped.  Although exhausted and jet lagged.. I am truly anxious to get started on the incredibly happy tale of our absolutely SKYMAZING seven days on the Sky.

It's 2am here in New York.. Due to the 7 hour time change and the fact that I couldn't make myself stay up past 7:00pm last night I'm up and ready to write!

Come sail with us!

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TpW0LzEOsrB2oYU_a2sU8n5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656830156

I'm glad you did this review, especially being that Heraklion, Rhodes, and Athens are part of the "Cities of Antiquities" itinerary that we're doing in January, along with the Holy Land and several other ports. We just had our first Meddy experience on the Chairman's cruise back in May. Loved it! Such smooth sailing too. Looking forward to ALL your pictures and descriptions, etc. !!  We will also be on the Sky - haven't seen her since March '19. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, cruisinchrissy said:

If you are sailing from Greece check out your MVJ. Go to the before you go section and it tells you there. I was surprised to see this too to be honest.

Great idea! Just went and looked at ours. We are boarding in early September and it says that if we are doing the Pre-extension with Viking (which we are), they will take care of it all for us. 

Sleep7, thank you for this outstanding thread. Well done.

• Like 2

Thank you for these posts! I just completed a similar cruise last week on RC. I've only sailed on Viking before, and after trying another line, I can definitely say you get what you pay for! Oh, how I missed Viking - especially the service and food! 

I'll go back again, but not in summer. Ugh, was it ever hot! Lucky you had that UV umbrella! I looked like a sweaty hag! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soundcruiser said:

This has been so much fun to read! It's been cold and rainy here in the PNW this weekend and you gave me a nice taste of warmth and sunshine! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

👋Well thanks so much soundcruiser!!  So glad I brought some Mediterranean sun into your day.

What a sweet compliment.. I really appreciate it.😊

6 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

I'm glad you did this review, especially being that Heraklion, Rhodes, and Athens are part of the "Cities of Antiquities" itinerary that we're doing in January, along with the Holy Land and several other ports. We just had our first Meddy experience on the Chairman's cruise back in May. Loved it! Such smooth sailing too. Looking forward to ALL your pictures and descriptions, etc. !!  We will also be on the Sky - haven't seen her since March '19. 

👋Hi AnyWayIsGood!!

Ooo! Lucky you that you will be doing such a fun cruise in January.. and on the Sky too!

Honestly.. it will be a lot more comfortable weatherwise than last week.🔥

So glad that you enjoyed my review.. it was a lot of fun to write.

Enjoy!!!😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blue willow said:

Truly a delightful and helpful blog! Thank you, once more, for telling the happy tale of our Viking Sky cruise so vividly! I so wish we had connected on board because you're a joy! 

Hello again Blue willow! 

I agree.. would have been fun to meet you in person.  Actually I remember one breakfast or lunch towards the end of the week in the World Cafe where we were sitting at a table right near a family of four and I was wondering if that was you.  Since you were with a young couple I thought it might be.  Should have gone over to say hello.. I'm sorry that I didn't.  But it was lovely to chat with your daughter and son in law in the airport.. they were so enthusiastic about the cruise.😃

Happy to have captured the week for you in pix and words.. I thought your observations were very thoughtful and spot on too.👌

Edited by Sleep7

5 hours ago, zzookiemookiw said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise info and pics. You did a wonderful job. We leave in 15 days for our rescheduled Homelands cruise. I'm so ready to travel! 

👋Hi zzookiemookiw!

15 days!!! The countdown has begun!! How very exciting.

Thank you so much  for your sweet compliments about my blog.. it was super fun to write and then in the future for me to be able go back and read.  It's a tangible way to relive the fun.

Enjoy every moment of your cruise!!😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Great idea! Just went and looked at ours. We are boarding in early September and it says that if we are doing the Pre-extension with Viking (which we are), they will take care of it all for us. 

Sleep7, thank you for this outstanding thread. Well done.

👋Hi DrKoob!  You are so welcome.. thank you so much for your compliments and kind words.

They are truly appreciated.

Enjoy every moment of your cruise!! September will be here before you know it!😃

4 hours ago, MrsKMB said:

Thank you for these posts! I just completed a similar cruise last week on RC. I've only sailed on Viking before, and after trying another line, I can definitely say you get what you pay for! Oh, how I missed Viking - especially the service and food! 

I'll go back again, but not in summer. Ugh, was it ever hot! Lucky you had that UV umbrella! I looked like a sweaty hag! 

👋Hi MrsKMB!

Haahaaa! I chuckled out loud from your post.. even with that UV umbrella by the end of the day I was bordering on being a sweaty hag!🤣

Interesting about comparing RCCL to Viking.. we actually were going to book a RCCL Med cruise in the fall and take our daughter and son in law with us.  It was on their biggest and newest ship which was really a huge negative for us.  Somehow we just couldn't pull the trigger on it..

Anyways.. thanks for your sweet comments and welcome back!!😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vagabond51 said:

Thank you for your detailed posts. Istanbul Barcelona May 2023. Your details were a pleasure to read and were very informative for the wife and I. Much appreciated.

👋Hi Vagabond51!

Well I'm so glad that you enjoyed my blog and that it was fun to read and helpful too.

Thank you so much for the compliments.. I truly appreciate them.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.. that sounds like at least 2 weeks of fabulous!!😊

Hello Sleep7 - I loved reading your post! Each picture, each observation, the joy of being on a Viking ship, your appreciation for the crew & food. Viking really has a knack for attention to the fine details & your post is a beautiful testament. Viking Sky was my first ship with the line, but even though all are mostly the same, VS will always be my favorite! Hope the jet lag is behind you & that your transition back to "The Island" is treating you well. These trip reports hold me over until my next cruise, Viking Neptune trans-Atlantic Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in December. 

Edited by Myrtle Ave. Mayhem
  • Like 1