Laundry Service

Beachvue

First time cruising with Oceania later this year.  We are in a PH room.  I have read where we receive complimentary laundry service for up to 3 bags per stateroom.  Can someone clarify the “3 bags”?   Does that mean no more than 3 bags at a time or 3 for the length of the cruise? Is dry cleaning included?   TIA.   

Oceania Cruises. Guests in Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms receive complimentary laundry service for up to 3 bags per stateroom, per cruise.

14 minutes ago, Beachvue said:

First time cruising with Oceania later this year.  We are in a PH room.  I have read where we receive complimentary laundry service for up to 3 bags per stateroom.  Can someone clarify the “3 bags”?   Does that mean no more than 3 bags at a time or 3 for the length of the cruise? Is dry cleaning included?   TIA.   

Oceania Cruises. Guests in Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms receive complimentary laundry service for up to 3 bags per stateroom, per cruise.

Three bags per stateroom for the length of the cruise. Maximum 20 items per bag. Dry cleaning is not included.

If you wish to do your own laundry the launderettes on board are complimentary.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

Please do not expect laundry as you receive it at home 🤪 it comes back folded and some garments may be wrinkled so some touch up ironing may be required if you choose to do so. If you want things returned pressed and on hangers, there will be a cost.   If on Marina or Riviera there will be a free self service laundry on each deck with an ironing board. On the R Class ships one laundry room is on Deck 7, soap included but if you use dryer sheets, bring your own. Self service Laundry rooms open at 7:30 each morning until late in the evening. At least three or maybe four washers and dryers are in each laundry room. 
The laundry rooms are often a location to meet people as well as get the low down on how the cruise is going. Yes, many guys step up to laundry duty, not just the ladies. 
Have a great cruise and the Oceania CC Board is a great place to ask any cruise questions and gather answers and  lots of opinions. 
Ciao, Mauibabes

• Like 1

Something worth noting on the 3 free bags of laundry is that it will take 3 days to get it back. I've used this service several times and have never gotten it back before the 3rd day. If you need it back before then you should consider the express service for an additional fee or use the self-service laundry room. 

• Like 2

Strange to hear the three days for return of laundry.  I may be misremembering; but I think we got them back the same day, or one day later on our last cruise.  Is it possible that higher suites get faster return?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sny said:

Strange to hear the three days for return of laundry.  I may be misremembering; but I think we got them back the same day, or one day later on our last cruise.  Is it possible that higher suites get faster return?

I've gotten the laundry back in less than three days while in a concierge veranda cabin, which also has the free laundry perk. 

I think the timing just depends on how busy the ship's laundry is. 

• Like 4

Still trying to sort out what our butler will do for us on our cruise. Would asking for our laundry to be ironed (if it came back wrinkled) be something the butler could take care of? I'm perfectly capable of ironing; just trying to think of things our butler might be able to do.

3 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Still trying to sort out what our butler will do for us on our cruise. Would asking for our laundry to be ironed (if it came back wrinkled) be something the butler could take care of? I'm perfectly capable of ironing; just trying to think of things our butler might be able to do.

No, but he could arrange to have it pressed for you, for a fee. 

22 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

All my clothes seem to shrink on a cruise...no matter where/how laundered.  🙄

HAHA.  Yes; half way in, everything seems to be a bit tighter.  Laundry or not    Just need to enjoy the moment(s)!,

• 2 weeks later...

You would be surprised to hear/learn about what is happening on the cruise ship, especially longer cruises, while hanging out in the laundry room.  I have seen fist fights, women accusing husbands of cheating on them, and other more mundane things.  The knitting group, aka: Sitch and *****, is also enlightening as a crew member, usually one of the entertainers, runs the group and you ladies can get a lot of insight of the crew gossip.  Or you can send your things out and be in the dark.  LOL

• Haha 2