Are men required to wear a jacket after 6pm all evenings in public spaces?

C-sea

On 9/10/2022 at 10:10 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

With a tux you also need a special frilly shirt, a set of studs, a bow tie, a cummerbund, and patent leather shoes.

We saw a gentleman sporting this on the Moon for our Grand Voyage this past spring.  After letting out an OMG, my husband looked at me and said "what's wrong with that?".  I sighed and said that's why I'm in charge of dressing you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I just read the last few pages of comments. The word I found most often when quoting the dress code and signage was "suggested".

That means SS is providing guidelines, not mandatory rules. As long a people do not show up in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, who care what the person at the next table is wearing. Let everyone be comfortable, after all this is a vacation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NetworkGuy said:

I just read the last few pages of comments. The word I found most often when quoting the dress code and signage was "suggested".

That means SS is providing guidelines, not mandatory rules. As long a people do not show up in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, who care what the person at the next table is wearing. Let everyone be comfortable, after all this is a vacation.

Why are you picking on the guy in t-shirt, shorts and flip flops then?  If they are guidelines and suggestions only, then Mr. T-shirt should be just as welcome, along with Mr. Bathing Suit and Ms. Thong.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rothko1 said:

Why are you picking on the guy in t-shirt, shorts and flip flops then?  If they are guidelines and suggestions only, then Mr. T-shirt should be just as welcome, along with Mr. Bathing Suit and Ms. Thong.

LOL 🤣 I guess I know who you will be.

4 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

We have some friends that just got off a SS cruise, they said the dress code was relaxed during the cruise.  (Men not in jackets)(Women in jump type suits or pants with not so formal tops).  Just stating a fact———-And they enjoyed the cruise.

Where were they cruising?

Edited by Gourmet Gal
Msp