Royal air to sea

1 hour ago, lionheart said:

If flight canceled does royal air reach out to me to rebook or?

thanks 

It's a mess right now according to several recent posters with cancelled flights and trying to rebook.

My connecting flight home from Rome had a time change making it impossible to catch my connecting flight.  I received an email directly from the airline about the change and the need to rebook the 2nd leg of my flight home.  I book through Air2Sea & I’m still waiting on confirmation of my new flight.  In all fairness to A2S, my cruise is more than 30 days away so I’m sure they are working with patrons with current flight issues 1st.  

Just got back from a cruise which I may not have made without Air2Sea.

I was hesitant to use them, but then COVID happened, so took my chances for the first time.

Had to fly into Vancouver (from NJ) the morning of the cruise due to a graduation 36 hours beforehand.  Saturday morning flight was cancelled.  Airline moved it so I would arrive 4 hours after the ship had left.

Took 5 minutes to speak to the first agent, then they transferred me to Emergency Services. Spend an hour (actually a little over an hour) on hold.  Spend another hour with the (very nice) agent.  Although I had to travel 2 hours to a different airport and leave an hour after I hung up, they were able to re-book the flights - with a paid hotel for our layover in Montreal.

However - you have to be proactive if there is an issue. Contact them and let them resolve the issue.

• Like 2

I called them and it’s 250$ a person to change flight and even though SAS is on strike and filling for bankruptcy royal won’t make any changes and told me to wait 

than if canceled flight and they find a flight for me which will be more expensive royal told me I pay the difference 

20 hours ago, Travel R said:

Just got back from a cruise which I may not have made without Air2Sea.

I was hesitant to use them, but then COVID happened, so took my chances for the first time.

Had to fly into Vancouver (from NJ) the morning of the cruise due to a graduation 36 hours beforehand.  Saturday morning flight was cancelled.  Airline moved it so I would arrive 4 hours after the ship had left.

Took 5 minutes to speak to the first agent, then they transferred me to Emergency Services. Spend an hour (actually a little over an hour) on hold.  Spend another hour with the (very nice) agent.  Although I had to travel 2 hours to a different airport and leave an hour after I hung up, they were able to re-book the flights - with a paid hotel for our layover in Montreal.

However - you have to be proactive if there is an issue. Contact them and let them resolve the issue.

You felt like this was a successful example of using Air2Sea? This sounds terrible!

Surely any airline would have minimally done the same for you, and likely could have been handled online, and found you a flight from the same airport.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but it sounds like you were part of a game show where you have to pack your stuff as fast as you can and travel to the unknown to find your next clue. 

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

You felt like this was a successful example of using Air2Sea? This sounds terrible!

Surely any airline would have minimally done the same for you, and likely could have been handled online, and found you a flight from the same airport.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but it sounds like you were part of a game show where you have to pack your stuff as fast as you can and travel to the unknown to find your next clue. 

The airport/airline situation was horrendous.  Dozens and dozens of flights cancelled or delays from all over the tristate area - and those that were flying were booked solid. [We had checked it out ourselves online while waiting/talking to the agent.] It was not an ideal situation to begin with.

Note - we were mostly packed. Our luggage was even locked, just a few items for the carry-ons needed to stowed away -- it was getting a car service and getting to a further airport on time was the biggest issue/concern.

I'm a talker.  I spoke with multiple people in the terminal, on the airplanes, and even on the ship. Because of the number of cancellations people were stuck and delayed in cities all over the world.  Some people we spoke to were literally delayed for over two days. My DD's friend was stuck in Sweden for two extra days last week; although it may sound nice, she really did not have the $ for two more nights in a hotel. The airline will get you on another flight, but they are not as interested in getting you to your destination on time (or even on the preferred date). Air2Sea got me to the ship before it sailed, and to me that is a success.

Edited by Travel R
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Travel R said:

The airport/airline situation was horrendous.  Dozens and dozens of flights cancelled or delays from all over the tristate area - and those that were flying were booked solid. [We had checked it out ourselves online while waiting/talking to the agent.] It was not an ideal situation to begin with.

Note - we were mostly packed. Our luggage was even locked, just a few items for the carry-ons needed to stowed away -- it was getting a car service and getting to a further airport on time was the biggest issue/concern.

I'm a talker.  I spoke with multiple people in the terminal, on the airplanes, and even on the ship. Because of the number of cancellations people were stuck and delayed in cities all over the world.  Some people we spoke to were literally delayed for over two days. My DD's friend was stuck in Sweden for two extra days last week; although it may sound nice, she really did not have the $ for two more nights in a hotel. The airline will get you on another flight, but they are not as interested in getting you to your destination on time (or even on the preferred date). Air2Sea got me to the ship before it sailed, and to me that is a success.

Sounds like you were really lucky to have made the cruise. What a mess! 

• Like 1

Air to sea won’t change flight without charging unless the flight is cancelled 

SAS is canceling flights one day ahead to air to sea position is to wait one day ahead of expected to leave for cruise which is not great for planning