On line check in requirements

We have our long awaited first post pandemic cruise next month. The online check in is due later this month. 
Can anyone please let me know what this asks for and do you need to upload a photograph ?  Do you book your time for boarding at this point?
Thanks in advance , Jean.

When we did it in March you had to upload a photograph.

There maybe better ways, but we took one on cell phone, sent to ourself by email, downloaded to computer. (I do not like to try to fill out forms directly from phone)

I did everything from iPad.  You need an acceptable photo.  I used one from my iPad photo album. First one was declined. Not enough pixels or something so I choose another that worked fine. 

I scanned a passport photo on my printer as a jpg. Scan it at 300dpi. Then I cropped it to size in Paint.  Right click on picture file and select open with paint on the drop down menu. 

Just save it and upload it as needed. However now you have a picture on your computer you can reuse over and over that is assured to be accepted.

@liptastic how wonderful that you're cruising again!  In another couple of weeks, we'll be doing the same 😎 - have a wonderful time.

(one day we'll make it the same ship too!)

3 hours ago, liptastic said:

Thanks all very much.  We are Regent hotel night pre cruise and the usual transport to pier. Sometimes we do just take a taxi , so will see what time we manage to book for boarding.  
Jean.

Jean - It's been a long time since we've heard from you!  😀  Nice see you back on the forum.  Regards.

Dear Gilly and Pingpong, how kind of you both for your lovely words.  Yes it feels a long time since our last cruise, was 2019 Mariner.  
We are boarding Navigator a real favourite of ours. We board in Amsterdam and I think you disembark that day Gilly? One of these days  we will meet onboard.  Trying to keep organised with all the new things to remember 😊.

Best wishes to you both and thanks again, Jean.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, liptastic said:

Thanks all very much.  We are Regent hotel night pre cruise and the usual transport to pier. Sometimes we do just take a taxi , so will see what time we manage to book for boarding.  
Jean.

Don't worry too much about the boarding time...Regent transportation ignores it and they don't bother looking at the pier.

@liptastic   That's right of course Jean - I had forgotten that we were going to be "ships that pass in the night" like that!  We disembark in Amsterdam and are coming straight home.  Not only were we in Amsterdam not so long ago but my 97yo  m-i-l gives us cause for concern right now.  Fingers crossed we make it to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks 🤞   

I know what you mean about getting all our ducks in a row before setting off - we just booked our PCR tests and plan to take extra care during the next couple of weeks too.  With CV numbers rising, I don't think we can be too careful.

I'll blog as usual - and will leave everything shipshape ready for you 😉    Gx

• Like 2

Gilly wishing you safe travels and hope your mother in law remains well. 
Yes please make sure that there is enough 🥂🍾🍷 for us please.  I will be following your blog as usual,  best wishes , Jean.

• Like 1

What am I doing wrong?

All's well until I get to the photo part of the online registration.

I've taken the selfie, then pushed the upload button, the save button  and it still shows imcomplete.

Maybe I should do save, then upload? or maybe they don't like the picture?

Any advice appreciated before I call Regent.

Another suggestion from dh, who completed ours this afternoon: if you're travelling together as a couple on the same booking, then the first three or however many sections have to be completed by both people before the photos can be uploaded...or at least, that's what he found!

@Mudhen, where are you headed?

Edited by Gilly

DHs came thru fine.....can't figure out what the problem is with mine. All other sections are complete for both of us other than my  (@#MN) photo!

Will continue to work on it....headed for Stockholm (Lord willing and the SAS thing gets figured out) for the July 26th extravaganza!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, never2home said:

I couldn't get the photo to upload either.  Clicked on the option for the photo to be taken using the computer and everything worked great.

What computer? Yours? I've been using my iphone for photos...my personal desk top won't do photos.

I think....by some miracle....it's gone thru! I'm not getting excited until I actually see our boarding passes in my email!

And then of course, there's the SAS snafu.....we'll see what Regent does but in the meantime, I'll be back to our TA.....I know we're real pests, but it's getting to be serious time now....

BTW, thanks all for your help!!!

• Like 1

@Mudhen bravo for your tenacity!  Hope all the SAS stuff gets sorted and when you get to Stockholm all these things are forgotten during  your terrific cruise.  Oh, and isn't it the squeaky wheel that gets the attention?

• Like 1