Limit on dining reservations?

Cookiebun

I'm trying to plan ahead (for a change) and book my dinner reservations for my cruise sailing on 7/29.... I've been able to book 4 nights of dinners, but it isn't letting me book any more of them... is there a limit of pre-booking only 4 or could there be an issue I have to figure out?

Thank you.

If you’re trying to book the same restaurant for more than one night, you need to call to reserved the additional nights. I just went through this a few days ago. 

I happened to call early in the morning, (around 6 am) and was on hold less than a minute. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dcoy said:

If you’re trying to book the same restaurant for more than one night, you need to call to reserved the additional nights. I just went through this a few days ago. 

I happened to call early in the morning, (around 6 am) and was on hold less than a minute. 

Fantastic... thank you... I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to continue.... 

Thank you so much!

56 minutes ago, Cookiebun said:

I'm trying to plan ahead (for a change) and book my dinner reservations for my cruise sailing on 7/29.... I've been able to book 4 nights of dinners, but it isn't letting me book any more of them... is there a limit of pre-booking only 4 or could there be an issue I have to figure out?

Thank you.

No limits. You can book the same restaurant multiple times, if you want, online. 

That being said, reservations for your cruise opened on March 31 (March 21 for Suites, March 26 for club suites). So, most of the reservations should be sold out at this point. You waited way way too long. If you actually got 4 nights booked, you're lucky. You need to wait and book once you are onboard. And, onboard, prime time dining will also sell out quickly, so don't wait until the last minute. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

No limits. You can book the same restaurant multiple times, if you want, online. 

Not at the moment. The online system is only allowing each restaurant to be booked once. If you add a second reservation to your basket is says it has been added but when you try to check out it isn’t there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Not at the moment. The online system is only allowing each restaurant to be booked once. If you add a second reservation to your basket is says it has been added but when you try to check out it isn’t there.

Thank you!  I kept going around in circles and I thought I was doing something wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcoy said:

I found this out the hard way.  I'm on a 10 day and I always upgrade to specialty dining every night.  I ran out of restaurants and had difficulty double booking so I had to call.  The rep was helpful but I was on hold a LOT longer than you.  It's my single biggest complaint about NCL.

4 hours ago, Dcoy said:

False.  We have made reservations for all nights of our cruise with repeats on every sailing and did it all on line.

2 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

False.  We have made reservations for all nights of our cruise with repeats on every sailing and did it all on line.

You may have done it,  good for you. Don’t say my post was false. I’m not the only one who has been having this problem. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

1 hour ago, Dcoy said:

You may have done it,  good for you. Don’t say my post was false. I’m not the only one who has been having this problem. 

MoCruiseFan, I have to agree with Dcoy. I also had the same problem.  Tried to book four restaurant seatings. Two Cagney's, one each LeBistro and LaCucina. Tried five or six times the first day I  was eligible to book. Kept getting a message saying something in my cart was in error and to please try again. Gave up . Tried again the next day. Same scenario. Finally called customer service on the third day. The very nice NCL rep told me the system was not allowing the same restaurant to be booked more than once online. She was then able to book the times, days, and restaurants I requested. Problem solved!! This occurred 6/25-6/27, so was very recent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dcoy said:

This.  I had the exact same problem a few months back booking dinners on the Star.  I had to call my PCC who managed to get all my reservations done in about a minute.

2 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

This.  I had the exact same problem a few months back booking dinners on the Star.  I had to call my PCC who managed to get all my reservations done in about a minute.

The false part was "If you’re trying to book the same restaurant for more than one night, you need to call to reserved the additional nights."

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I found this out the hard way.  I'm on a 10 day and I always upgrade to specialty dining every night.  I ran out of restaurants and had difficulty double booking so I had to call.  The rep was helpful but I was on hold a LOT longer than you.  It's my single biggest complaint about NCL.

Have you tried their callback service?  When you call customer service, you go through the prompts and establish yourself in "line". A recording then comes on and tells you your approximate wait time. It then asks you if you would like to wait on hold , or receive a callback. If you opt for the callback, the system verifies your phone number and you hang up. Have used this three times in the last couple of weeks. Each time I was called back within five minutes of my "approximate wait time".

The only drawback is that when they call you back, NCL doesn't show on your caller ID. The reps ( at least the ones that have called me back) are working from home, and their name and number show up. Some folks may be leery about answering a call with an unknown name.

Just now, MoCruiseFan said:

The false part was "If you’re trying to book the same restaurant for more than one night, you need to call to reserved the additional nights."

Except that was the exact problem I had.  I booked one night each in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina with no problem.  As soon as I tried booking a second night in any of them it erred out when trying to check out.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cookiebun said:

Thank you.

I wasn't able to book more than two specialty dining reservations online when I tried a few months ago. I did get in touch with NCL and they did the remaining ones for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 10:46 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

And according to multiple reports, in this very thread, YOUR statement does not match the reported experiences.   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PATRLR said:

And according to multiple reports, in this very thread, YOUR statement does not match the reported experiences.   

This was my experience as well…. I was unable to book any restaurant, MDR or specialty, more than once. I used the chat function and the rep was able to book those dates for us, in multiple dates for the same restaurant, in a few minutes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Are reservations still open at 90 days?   Had read somewhere it was now 120, but I can't reserve dining or shows and I'm currently at 107 days.

It is 120 days (more for some rooms/status). What ship are you on? I know that reservations were late opening for the Prima, but haven't looked at that since our cruise was cancelled. Maybe they still aren't open yet.

13 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

It is 120 days (more for some rooms/status). What ship are you on? I know that reservations were late opening for the Prima, but haven't looked at that since our cruise was cancelled. Maybe they still aren't open yet.

We are on the 10/31/22 sailing of the Prima.

9 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We are on the 10/31/22 sailing of the Prima.

My guess would be that they haven’t got reservations sorted for the Prima yet then. It’s possible that it may not happen until after the first few sailings.

• Like 1