Just checked my cruise price and it went down but I am past final payment date - just checking on the process to call them

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I just got thru too on the Crown and Anchor #.

Yay, cancelled our cruise and got back my refundable deposit. Life is good !   🙂

The Wonder?

So no luck moving that OS to next year😉

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Wonder?

So no luck moving that OS to next year😉

Got tired of chasing that cabin down, cancelled that one(Wonder) month ago. The cruise we cancelled yesterday was a 5 night cruise in October on Serenade from Tampa.

Decided we rather go to Disney, staying 7 days at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort , then staying another 4 days in Bradenton at a relatives.

12 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I rarely book refundable rates, but when I booked this cruise the refundable and non-refundable were the same price so I went with the refundable. Since higher category cabins are now significantly less money than what I paid it seems wrong somehow that I couldn't get a higher category room and the discount? After all, I can cancel and rebook. Why would they want to go to all that trouble and tick off their guests?

If you cancel you lose double points and CWC. Can you not at least upgrade for no cost to you?

9 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you cancel you lose double points and CWC. Can you not at least upgrade for no cost to you?

I have emailed Royal Customer Service to see what can be done. Hoping for a mutually satisfactory resolution!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

😂except now that the drink pkgs are so expensive the free drink vouchers matter.

If paying for a few drinks each day is an issue for you, maybe you should consider another kind of  vacation, just saying.

I hope people don't book Royal Caribbean cruises because of the drink  vouchers.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If paying for a few drinks each day is an issue for you, maybe you should consider another kind of  vacation, just saying.

I hope people don't book Royal Caribbean cruises because of the drink  vouchers.

You’re missing the point (pun intended) lol

• Like 2

Well our OBC (refund) already hit our account today which is nice since the rep said it wouldn't post for 14 days.  I was able to cancel our drink packages and internet and get refunded for those and repurchased with the OBC.  Prices were the same (bad) as what we had paid already so it didn't matter.  Still have several hundred left to use which is good.

Does anyone know when OBC from redeeming RC Visa card rewards post to your account?  I redeemed our rewards points for OBC about 2 months ago (to this reservation ID of course) and as of today it still hasn't shown up in our cruise planner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Got tired of chasing that cabin down, cancelled that one(Wonder) month ago. The cruise we cancelled yesterday was a 5 night cruise in October on Serenade from Tampa.

Decided we rather go to Disney, staying 7 days at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort , then staying another 4 days in Bradenton at a relatives.

Ya know, you've kinda given up on cruising.

Why do you stick around?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

Well our OBC (refund) already hit our account today which is nice since the rep said it wouldn't post for 14 days.  I was able to cancel our drink packages and internet and get refunded for those and repurchased with the OBC.  Prices were the same (bad) as what we had paid already so it didn't matter.  Still have several hundred left to use which is good.

Does anyone know when OBC from redeeming RC Visa card rewards post to your account?  I redeemed our rewards points for OBC about 2 months ago (to this reservation ID of course) and as of today it still hasn't shown up in our cruise planner.

Often not until a few weeks out

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When you say that the price went down by $470, are you looking at the current refundable rate or just the generally posted rate, which is non-refundable?  Refundable rates are typically higher than non-refundable rates.  If you originally purchased a refundable rate, any price drop would need to be in comparison to the current refundable rate.  It sounds like they are saying that the current non-refundable rate is $180 less than what you paid, so that is how much OBC you're entitled to.

Yes, that is what they are saying... big sigh! 🙄 However, it seems like a "gotcha" because when I purchased this cruise exactly one year ago from today (coincidentally),  the refundable and non-refundable rates were the same price. I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about the differences between the two since I almost always choose the least expensive rate. But as it is just  past the Final Payment Date NOW the two rates are significantly different, even though NEITHER is refundable?? 🤔Plus, this is the first cruise (for me) that the Final Payment Date is back at 90 days. Previously cruises this year were 30, 60, 75 days out.

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ya know, you've kinda given up on cruising.

Why do you stick around?

We still have Panama Canal in 2023 on schedule, so still have to keep up to date what is going on. 

Plus fills a little down time when inside the house. Mostly on while watching TV.

Still fun to help new cruisers with their questions. Bring back memories when we first started cruising.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We still have Panama Canal in 2023 on schedule, so still have to keep up to date what is going on. 

Plus fills a little down time when inside the house. Mostly on while watching TV.

Still fun to help new cruisers with their questions. Bring back memories when we first started cruising.

Help 🤔🤣🤣

Maybe entertain😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

paying for a few drinks each day is an issue for you, maybe you should consider another kind of  vacation, just saying.

Rude.  Not wanting to pay $$$ for a drink isn't the same as being unable to afford drinks or a vacation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Following threads and reading in preparation for a cruise in 2023 I'm sure is helpful to your planning. Have you cruised since the Pandemic? If not, then your information is 2nd hand and maybe not as helpful to others as you think it might be. Cruisers are looking for what's happening onboard now.  

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Following threads and reading in preparation for a cruise in 2023 I'm sure is helpful to your planning. Have you cruised since the Pandemic? If not, then your information is 2nd hand and maybe not as helpful to others as you think it might be. Cruisers are looking for what's happening onboard now.  

Cruising is changing daily, so maybe you should keep reading about is what happening now from others that just got off a cruise yesterday.

Your cruises since the Pandemic have changed greatly too, like 2nd hand information you are giving out. Keep reading, you will surprise yourself how much you can learn.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cruising is changing daily, so maybe you should keep reading about is what happening now from others that just got off a cruise yesterday.

Your cruises since the Pandemic have changed greatly too, like 2nd hand information you are giving out. Keep reading, you will surprise yourself how much you can learn.

Nevermind....

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Lost track of your refuting information (with ancillary spins) of those very folks.😉