Raw on 5

ROYALBOY

Just like in any sushi bar, everything is ala carte...

There has been no "all you can eat" specials that I Am aware of, there...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

We have purchased a multi-night dinner package on the APEX,  however I See that Sushi on 5 is A-LA-CARTE. How does that work?

You get a $30 allowance.  That's good and bad news.  The good news is that $30 likely is more than enough to get your fill and then some.  The bad news is that you like are paying more than $30/pop for your package. 

Both the package and using one of your "punches" for Sushi on 5 might still work out just fine for you.  If you weren't going to use that "punch" otherwise, your average per visit might be a good deal better than if you were paying in full for everything.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention so you can make the most informed decision.

• Like 1

On our last cruise on Silhouette, we decided to try Sushi on 5 for lunch on a sea day.

We really enjoyed our experience and a lot more than I had expected. I believe ordering a la carte, ended up costing us about $35.

I will not hesitate to do this again! 

• Like 1

Sushi on 5 is lovely. It’s great on embarkation day when the buffet is chaotic. Quiet, relaxing, and excellent food. Yes you pay a la Carte but prices are far reasonable compared to a similar quality sushi spot in a major city.

Just booked Equinox and noticed that there was a listing for Sushi on 5 and it said $30 lunch and $45 Dinner.  Never saw that restaurant have an actual price.  To me it would be hard to spend $45/pp.  The menu looked a lot smallerl than what it was prior to Covid sailings.  We do enjoy it and always go at least once.  Lunch is nice on a sea day also.

5 hours ago, dazey said:

Just booked Equinox and noticed that there was a listing for Sushi on 5 and it said $30 lunch and $45 Dinner.  Never saw that restaurant have an actual price. 

Where did you see that?  I just took a look at our upcoming Equinox sailing (this fall), and it's showing a la carte.  There's not even a charge for a reservation.

I looked on the app.

Edited by DCPIV

I just looked at our reservation under "dining" and I only see a la carte..  I know I saw that because I was thinking who would do lunch with a value of $30 with a specialty dining package. Also had never seen that before so I was surprised. Anyway, I saw it but not there now.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:44 AM, letsgogogo said:

Sushi on 5 is lovely. It’s great on embarkation day when the buffet is chaotic. Quiet, relaxing, and excellent food. Yes you pay a la Carte but prices are far reasonable compared to a similar quality sushi spot in a major city.

Shh, don't tell anyone.  This is where we often eat on embarkation day because it is always practically empty!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went to Raw on 5 on Beyond recently and just got a shrimp tempura/spicy tuna roll.  The total cost including tip was just over $16.  The taste was excellent and the size was good, but if you want to sample more than a couple of things, the price can add up.  It works best if you go with a group and share, but I was the only one of our four that eats sushi.

When you board check to see if they have a special that night. On the Edge originally it was 30% off but then once seated we were offered a AYCE on certain items for $40.  There were 5 of us and they brought 2 of the large seafood towers, different sushi’s and rolls, and other stuff, including desert.

This was back in January so not sure if they still do it but does not hurt to ask.

Edited by kelib