Register for Free items?

KevintheIrishDJ

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Our first cruise is Dec. 23, 2022. Do we have to Register for Free items like White Night or "island night"?

White Night?  No.

Not familiar with "Island Night"

For the Destination Celebration onboard (nee Azamazing Evening), you can book it in advance to get your requested time.  It will be in the Shore Excursions area of your Cruise Personalizer.  You will need to find what night it is (if it is open for booking it will obviously be on a late departure day or perhaps an overnight port).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

White Night?  No.

Not familiar with "Island Night"

For the Destination Celebration onboard (nee Azamazing Evening), you can book it in advance to get your requested time.  It will be in the Shore Excursions area of your Cruise Personalizer.  You will need to find what night it is (if it is open for booking it will obviously be on a late departure day or perhaps an overnight port).

And it will show up as a zero cost event 

• Like 2

Is there a penalty or no-show fee for signing up for the Destination Celebration but not showing up?  I know there is a fee of $15 if you have a booking at a specialty restaurant that you don't show up to (or don't cancel before noon the day of) so I wondered if it might be similar here.

For some reason, for our cruise this event is held on embarkation day where we overnight.  We may be arriving at the port too late to make it but would like to have the option to attend if we do arrive in time for it.

5 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Is there a penalty or no-show fee for signing up for the Destination Celebration but not showing up?  I know there is a fee of $15 if you have a booking at a specialty restaurant that you don't show up to (or don't cancel before noon the day of) so I wondered if it might be similar here.

For some reason, for our cruise this event is held on embarkation day where we overnight.  We may be arriving at the port too late to make it but would like to have the option to attend if we do arrive in time for it.

It used to say there was on the off ship events but that was never applied in practice.  For an event on ship, they’d never be able to apply a charge as they don’t issue tickets that can be traced back to you so no way of knowing who went or did not go. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, uktog said:

It used to say there was on the off ship events but that was never applied in practice.  For an event on ship, they’d never be able to apply a charge as they don’t issue tickets that can be traced back to you so no way of knowing who went or did not go. 

On our recent cruise tickets were issued for the event and collected at the door.

33 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

On our recent cruise tickets were issued for the event and collected at the door.

Yes but they’re not named - we had the same 

Thanks for the responses, but the responses seem to suggest that the charge does still exist in theory but appears to be unenforceable?  Or do these tickets no longer say anything about the no-show charge?

Can you elaborate on what type of information is on the ticket?  For example, even though the tickets might not have our names on it, do they have (serial) numbers that could be traced back to them having issued it to us?

On 7/7/2022 at 8:22 PM, ShopperfiendTO said:

There used to be a stated $100-$125 charge if you failed to show up for off ship evenings.  I have no idea if anyone was ever charged.  

5 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Thanks for the responses, but the responses seem to suggest that the charge does still exist in theory but appears to be unenforceable?  Or do these tickets no longer say anything about the no-show charge?

Can you elaborate on what type of information is on the ticket?  For example, even though the tickets might not have our names on it, do they have (serial) numbers that could be traced back to them having issued it to us?

Tickets have your name and room number on them if they are traceable ones.  I never heard of anyone being charged previously- the quickest way on the off ship excursions was they’d know who disembarked/ returned and when but even that’s not foolproof.  I can see nothing in the terms now about a charge. I think they realised it was unnecessary.  I don’t recall the no show fee ever being mentioned on the ticket in the early days. 

Even if your name was on a ticket, they’re not going to spend hours collating back tickets to a manifest. Serial numbers even less so, they’d have to create a record of who had what number and then a second check of the tickets handed in.  Even when charges were in the terms that wasn’t going to happen. Hours of work for no purpose 

(traceable tickets are used so they know who is on which excursion bus in case there’s an issue. If you notice when each tour bus departs, the bundle of tickets for that bus is bound up and handed to the ships rep)

Edited by uktog
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 6:52 AM, uktog said:

I think it’s been a while since that charge was mentioned. We had a few years break from cruising to look after our ancient cat, and by the time we came back, that wording wasn’t used any more. Like you, I don’t remember anyone being charged or talking about being charged.

• Like 2