Elite Status Benefits

Dodger Blue

We have booked a Trans Atlantic cruise for next April.  Since, because of Covid we will not have cruised for almost three years, I'm just now noticing that the free Internet for Elite members on Princess has disappeared.  Can anyone tell me when this happened and if they have implemented a new program for Elite passengers?

The internet in the Caribbean has been pretty fast on their ships now and it's also unlimited.  Other people have talked about it on other threads.  Not sure what the current prices are if they changed but a few months ago it was $10 a day if booked in advance and first day for the entire cruise.  Then discount off that price.

14 minutes ago, afurman said:

You get 50% off the package as an Elite now.  On the transatlantic this past year Internet barely worked and they didn't charge anyone for it.

Or if you have booked a Plus package it is included

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, afurman said:

The internet in the Caribbean has been pretty fast on their ships now and it's also unlimited.  Other people have talked about it on other threads.  Not sure what the current prices are if they changed but a few months ago it was $10 a day if booked in advance and first day for the entire cruise.  Then discount off that price.

That is correct, $10 a day for advance and I believe still the first day. Platinum and elite get 50% off of that.

Very few benefits remain for Elites.  Priority boarding, priority tender, free shoeshine and free laundry.  Minibar setup.  The upgraded toiletries very much depend on availability, but who needs a sissal mitt anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Very few benefits remain for Elites.  Priority boarding, priority tender, free shoeshine and free laundry.  Minibar setup.  The upgraded toiletries very much depend on availability, but who needs a sissal mitt anyway?

Mini bar and laundry service are great perks and most people I know book with the Princess Plus package so we really don’t need a WiFi package

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Mini bar and laundry service are great perks and most people I know book with the Princess Plus package so we really don’t need a WiFi package

With beverage packages so common these days, the minibar is less important.  And I personally have never used the laundry on board -- I don't do long cruises, unfortunately!

49 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

With beverage packages so common these days, the minibar is less important.  And I personally have never used the laundry on board -- I don't do long cruises, unfortunately!

We did not book Plus package or buy drink package, but the minibar was convenient for swapping out miscellaneous drinks for Diet Coke.  I didn't need a drinks package with the exchange.

• Like 1

Being Elite you also get a free wine tasting on the last sea day, I believe.  There are also the Canapes delivered to your stateroom on formal nights.  You also get a 10% discount in the onboard shops, spa, & excursions.

• Like 3

You can get a free afternoon tea service in your cabin as well, which I'd choose after catching Covid on the Discovery last Sunday (fortunately no symptoms or positive test until after I drove home). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GloriaF said:

We did not book Plus package or buy drink package, but the minibar was convenient for swapping out miscellaneous drinks for Diet Coke.  I didn't need a drinks package with the exchange.

You can still swap out the mini bar for sodas. What is the question.  ?

4 hours ago, rj59 said:

You can get a free afternoon tea service in your cabin as well, which I'd choose after catching Covid on the Discovery last Sunday (fortunately no symptoms or positive test until after I drove home). 

While I definitely don't want to contract Covid I would be quite happy to get home before the onset of any symptoms or any positive test. I'd much rather quarantine at home than anywhere else. Home is my "comfort zone" and I'd rather spend my down tie there.

Afternoon tea in the cabin has, for quite a long time, been reported to have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much food and I hate wasted food. Maybe it's because I grew up poor but I just hate to have a bunch of food left over that I know is going to be thrown out. My wife and I do very much enjoy taking part in the "regular" afternoon tea. I often find that the people attending afternoon tea are, by a very large majority, female but I don't mind. I never feel "out of place" even if there aren't a lot of guys in attendance. I love being "waited on" and having the variety of little sandwiches as well as the scones, clotted cream, and jam. We have noticed that it is sometimes - often? -  also possible to get the scones, clotted cream, and jam in the buffet! We had missed the tea and were quite pleased to find these items in the buffet.

• Like 2

Canapes are no longer   neither is wine tasting ...sure as heck did not get upgraded bathroom toiletries and as said Transatlantic on Sky in March was zero internet ...still waiting for OBC refund and more strings of lies from Princess after several 4 hours on hold on phone 

20 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

Canapes are no longer   neither is wine tasting ...sure as heck did not get upgraded bathroom toiletries and as said Transatlantic on Sky in March was zero internet ...still waiting for OBC refund and more strings of lies from Princess after several 4 hours on hold on phone 

NO WINETASTING!!!!!   I shall have to rethink my cruises (lol)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Moondogy said:

That is correct, $10 a day for advance and I believe still the first day. Platinum and elite get 50% off of that.

Goes to $15 per day less 50% once on-board. Would not honor pre-boarding prices this week on Caribbean Princess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katjoy said:

Being Elite you also get a free wine tasting on the last sea day, I believe.  There are also the Canapes delivered to your stateroom on formal nights.  You also get a 10% discount in the onboard shops, spa, & excursions.

But, not if the item is on sale...bummer. I 💝 stacking sale discounts.

3 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Canapes are no longer   neither is wine tasting ...sure as heck did not get upgraded bathroom toiletries

This week on Caribbean Princess:

Canapes were available upon request, 

Grapevine wine tasting is this afternoon 

No elite bathroom toiletries 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Afternoon tea in the cabin has, for quite a long time, been reported to have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much food and I hate wasted food. Maybe it's because I grew up poor but I just hate to have a bunch of food left over that I know is going to be thrown out. 

You just don't SEE that food being thrown out. There is almost always more prepared than is eaten.

8 hours ago, memoak said:

You can still swap out the mini bar for sodas. What is the question.  ?

No question.  Just stating what I did.

We did have canapés on Crown in June.  Note left in cabin with choices, similar to the breakfast order card.  Canapes delivered as requested.

Edited by GloriaF
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

We're going on a short cruise and only taking carry-on. DH's underwear will definitely being going to the 'free' laundry! 😳

Make sure he has a few extra pairs.

The ones that come back from the laundry will be 1 or 2 sizes smaller.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Canapes were available on request on Formal nights and we had invites to the wine tasting on our recent Emerald Princess cruise around British Isles. Having Princess Plus didn't see the point of attending wine tasting so we gave it a miss.