Certificate of recovery question

59 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Does this include the proctored NAAT test that we use before the cruise

Any result that clearly outlines the type of test taken should work - very unlikely any home/proctored test is actually PCR as that usually requires expensive lab equipment.

So we rushed to get a PCR test. Positive. Glad we did it because it was exactly 13 days pre-cruise. Now I need to get a certificate of recover but have to wait until day 11 after PCR positive since that's the date they look at (not when we actually started having symptoms which was a week before that).

Anyone know of a telehealth provider who can issue this? urgent care where we got tested won't issue a letter and my primary is on vacation...  we may already test negative by the time we do it BUT just in case.

So you need a PCR to prove you had covid not a rapid?

Just trying to figure it out.  DH has been exposed but doesn’t have it.  We’re 2 weeks out.  So it he gets it in the next few days, have him get a PCR?  Then if he’s 11 days out IF we can get a certificate of recovery he could still go even if a rapid was positive?  Obviously if he’s less then 11 days out he can’t go. 

Praying he doesn’t get it….

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

To use as a way to get out of testing with a COR, yes.

Biker,

I’m just recovered so can go.  Just trying to figure out options….

If he can not go, can I change names on the reservation and take a daughter?  

Or add a third to the cabin, pay more and have him be a no show.  When is the cut off for that?  I suppose lifeboat room matters too.

Or I just solo this time and he be a no show?  

Of we could cancel but it’s quad points for a suite so I hate to do that. Plus I use vacation time to just sit at home.  No flights involved this time.

Edited by cruiselvr04

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, up to about two days out.

Awesome!  That’s great to know.  She just recovered too and I’d love to treat her to a week without kids if the DH can not go.  Of course I’d prefer the DH but….

5 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Anyone know of a telehealth provider who can issue this? urgent care where we got tested won't issue a letter and my primary is on vacation...  we may already test negative by the time we do it BUT just in case.

Has anyone tried this for a tele-health doctor to write a note? https://mdanywhere.com/covid-travel-clearance-note/

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

So you need a PCR to prove you had covid not a rapid?

Just trying to figure it out.  DH has been exposed but doesn’t have it.  We’re 2 weeks out.  So it he gets it in the next few days, have him get a PCR?  Then if he’s 11 days out IF we can get a certificate of recovery he could still go even if a rapid was positive?  Obviously if he’s less then 11 days out he can’t go. 

Praying he doesn’t get it….

If you have a positive PCR (not rapid) 11 days - 90 days before embarkation, with PCR positive date being day 0 as far as I understand - you can board with a certificate of recovery and no need for pre boarding test. Be aware that some ports will not allow you to disembark but you can get on the ship:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

8 hours ago, seasidemama said:

So we rushed to get a PCR test. Positive. Glad we did it because it was exactly 13 days pre-cruise. Now I need to get a certificate of recover but have to wait until day 11 after PCR positive since that's the date they look at (not when we actually started having symptoms which was a week before that).

I was going to use this place in Miami i    I believe it's $75 

https://eviviacare.com/

Edited by molly361

51 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was going to use this place in Miami i    I believe it's $75 

https://eviviacare.com/

I saw that posted elsewhere but when I went on their website there was no phone number to call with questions which made me a bit uncomfortable using them. I googled and found a number but it was a regular voicemail with their message and didn't sound like a professional phone message you would expect at a clinic. Doesn't mean they're not legitimate, perhaps just less professional/formal, but I do wish I could read more reviews or get more information before trying them.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:43 PM, seasidemama said:

Royal's website states that positive test result must be a PCR test. Does this include the proctored NAAT test that we use before the cruise or must this be a PCR test at a provider's office?

Where does it say this?  A PCR test normally takes 2 days for a result yet Royal requires it to be taken within 2 days.  I get a rapid NAAT test, not PCR before all of my last 7 cruises.  I’ve them at Walgreens.

25 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Where does it say this?  A PCR test normally takes 2 days for a result yet Royal requires it to be taken within 2 days.  I get a rapid NAAT test, not PCR before all of my last 7 cruises.  I’ve them at Walgreens.

The PCR test is a requirement for the Cert of Recovery, not for the one required 2 days before boarding

Edited by molly361