Adult Only

On 8/23/2022 at 12:44 AM, twodjs said:

We also respect your difference of opinion. Who they grow up to be is beside the point. My wife is uncomfortable around children and is much happier cruising without them.

Thank you for saying this. It applies to many people in many diverse circumstances and they/we should be able to spend time and money in places and situations where we are comfortable and at peace with our surroundings.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My fiancé (M34) and I (F28) originally wanted a child free wedding or at least an age restriction (so there aren’t 15 kids under 10 running around when our guest list is under 100), but soon our dreams of that were soon squashed as his family is very

child focused, which is understandable, but it a disappointment. We have since been looking into a honeymoon that is adults only, either a cruise or a resort that is child free. It’ll also be our first cruise. We like kids, i worked with kids for years, i love the kids in my own family, and we may have our own some day, but would like to have an adults only trip without small children running around and crying. But so far we have no idea what we are doing anyway for said honeymoon. I just joined the site, saw this post, and thought I’d share my thoughts. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 5:08 AM, MindysKing said:

I've never been on a cruise nor has my fiance... but i want to surprise her with our honeymoon being on a cruise,  but heres the twist.. I'm wanting to book an Adult only Cruise that caters to like swingers and sexual fantasies... but i have found little on those kind of Cruises... anyone happen to have a cruise or two in mind that my fiance and i will really enjoy to experience and dive into exploring our fantasies...???

Interestingly cruise lines are happy to run gay cruises (which are actually sex cruises) but not for straight swingers. You would think there is a bigger market for that.

Some ships have adult only area. Majestic princess has a 18+ Hollywood club on the top deck. I really like it. Crown princess has 18+ "Sanctuary" but you have to pay extra. But generally I prefer to cruise with Holland America because they cater to a mature crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bigsquare88 said:

Interestingly cruise lines are happy to run gay cruises (which are actually sex cruises) but not for straight swingers.

If you check the "Themed cruises"  they do have charters  for all lifestyles

I would just like  an adult only cruise no nude or swingers required  😉

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, larrywizzit said:

We mostly sail HAL.

They’re not terribly “family friendly” so we see very few children or minors aboard. 

We just finished a HAL cruise and it was FULL of kids and 20 somethings! I was shocked! Not a waterslide in site yet here are all these children. 

On 11/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, LHT28 said:

If you check the "Themed cruises"  they do have charters  for all lifestyles

I would just like  an adult only cruise no nude or swingers required  😉

Absolutely! We did a music and wine themed cruise a few years ago, I think there were 2 kids. I love the music themed cruises. Way too much fun! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 8:08 AM, MindysKing said:

I've never been on a cruise nor has my fiance... but i want to surprise her with our honeymoon being on a cruise,  but heres the twist.. I'm wanting to book an Adult only Cruise that caters to like swingers and sexual fantasies... but i have found little on those kind of Cruises... anyone happen to have a cruise or two in mind that my fiance and i will really enjoy to experience and dive into exploring our fantasies...???

I am told there are Reddits for this, and possibly even an app that can help you turn any cruise into this (especially the larger ships, and there is something you hang on your door to indicate your interest). I am ace so this is not my thing at all, but I hope you and your fiancé have a great time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 5:08 AM, MindysKing said:

Yes, my wife and I just booked a Desire Cruise - which is a takeover on Azamara. It's an adults only cruise that caters to those that that want to tan in the buff and also those that are in the lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, bigsquare88 said:

Interestingly cruise lines are happy to run gay cruises (which are actually sex cruises) but not for straight swingers. You would think there is a bigger market for that.

Some ships have adult only area. Majestic princess has a 18+ Hollywood club on the top deck. I really like it. Crown princess has 18+ "Sanctuary" but you have to pay extra. But generally I prefer to cruise with Holland America because they cater to a mature crowd. 

You’re not looking in the right place.  There are those types of cruises on several of the major lines, including RC and Celebrity. 

On 10/4/2022 at 3:52 AM, SaraConnolly said:

My fiancé (M34) and I (F28) originally wanted a child free wedding or at least an age restriction (so there aren’t 15 kids under 10 running around when our guest list is under 100), but soon our dreams of that were soon squashed as his family is very

child focused, which is understandable, but it a disappointment. We have since been looking into a honeymoon that is adults only, either a cruise or a resort that is child free. It’ll also be our first cruise. We like kids, i worked with kids for years, i love the kids in my own family, and we may have our own some day, but would like to have an adults only trip without small children running around and crying. But so far we have no idea what we are doing anyway for said honeymoon. I just joined the site, saw this post, and thought I’d share my thoughts. 

If you are not focused solely on a cruise, I would also recommend looking at Club Med Turks. It is adults only and has one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. The sand was like butter. And the water a gorgeous turquoise blue. It's all inclusive. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2022 at 4:18 PM, Ret MP said:

I have never done an Adults Only cruise.  But, I would love to.  Only problem, I'm loyal to Royal.  I've asked why they don't do an adults only cruise like maybe once a quarter.  I've also asked, when I used to cruise on another cruise line and both just give me the same old tired answer, "We are a family friendly cruise line".

«X-friendly» has become an excuse for papering over irresponsibility. When I complained that a dog in an adjacent room was barking incessantly, the response from the front desk was «We are a pet-friendly hotel». I suggested that they become a guest-friendly hotel, and I got a refund and left.

The same excuse about being «family-friendly» might be thrown at you if you complained about noisy brats.

That said, I can see why your favourite cruise line would not offer adults-only cruises: people would be annoyed when they tried to book one only to find out that they weren't allowed to bring children.

A better way to achieve your purpose is to choose cruises that are unlikely to have many children: those of relatively long duration, those that take place when school is in session, those that go to more exotic destinations (rather than beaches lined with souvenir stands), those that are relatively expensive, those that require travel (usually because they end at a place far from the starting point—this may mean travel by air, which adds to the cost), those that don't offer much of interest to children, those with an older clientele. Although this approach is not guaranteed to work, in practice it typically will, especially if you combine several of the child-deterring factors. For example, I am leaving in May for five weeks in Iceland and Norway, and all of those child-deterring factors obtain. I may be unpleasantly surprised, but I am not expecting more than a handful of children.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, bigsquare88 said:

I don't know the facts, but I suspect that the gay population is a lot larger than the population of straight swingers. Perhaps swingers also tend to be less open about their predilection: although I know many gay people, I am not aware of having met a swinger in my life. Perhaps I've met swingers without being aware of it. How they find one another I don't know, and frankly I'd prefer to be kept innocent.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, slhal said:

Absolutely! We did a music and wine themed cruise a few years ago, I think there were 2 kids.

What did those two kids have to say about the motets and the Gevrey-Chambertin?

10 hours ago, shorne said:

A better way to achieve your purpose is to choose cruises that are unlikely to have many children

Been there, done that.  

We almost always try to book at "Adult Friendly" times.  The challenge is finding an "Adult Friendly" time frame as booking in the winter months is when South America is out of school and South Americans love to cruise out of Florida and Galveston.  There is almost always a time when some school, country, or religion is on holiday.  You can only mitigate.  

Don't get me wrong, I love behaving kids but can't stand absent/none parenting parents.  I'm not trying to ban kids from cruising.  I don't think too many people that are looking for a cruise on RCCL's side or Rustbucke Cruise Lines's site and see once a quarter/6 months/year a cruise that is plainly marked as "ADULT ONLY" cruise, and the itinerary doesn't include the more "Family Friendly" ports of call, would be too disappointed.  Oh, and not every "family" has underage children.  Many families are "ADULT ONLY".  I know mine is, excluding grandkids.  

Additionally, a problem is the adults that behave like unsupervised children!

I appreciate your thoughtful response, though.  And I agree with 99% of it.  

11 hours ago, shorne said:

What did those two kids have to say about the motets and the Gevrey-Chambertin?

Do you mean if the parents added it to their evening bottles?

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

We almost always try to book at "Adult Friendly" times.  The challenge is finding an "Adult Friendly" time frame as booking in the winter months is when South America is out of school and South Americans love to cruise out of Florida and Galveston.

Galveston is probably going to be limited, in practice, to cruises in the Caribbean, which are likely to have a lot of children. A lot of cruises out of Florida would be similar.

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Don't get me wrong, I love behaving kids but can't stand absent/none parenting parents.

Exactly. I blame the so-called parents. Children do not emerge from the womb with an understanding of good behaviour; they have to be taught. Unfortunately, a lot of parents fail in this respect (probably because they themselves don't know how to behave) and let their hellions loose on the general public. I wish that only people who were capable of raising children were allowed to have any, but biology seems to make that unlikely to succeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slhal said:

Do you mean if the parents added it to their evening bottles?

I just wonder why anyone would take children to an event that was so obviously meant for adults only. People used to have more sense than that. But nowadays there's no venue to which children are not dragged along.

Edited by shorne
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shorne said:

I just wonder why anyone would take children to an event that was so obviously meant for adults only. People used to have more sense than that. But nowadays there's no venue to which children are not dragged along.

Being a mother, I can think of a ton of reasons. The first being they couldn't find someone they trusted to watch them. 

7 minutes ago, slhal said:

Being a mother, I can think of a ton of reasons. The first being they couldn't find someone they trusted to watch them. 

Perhaps they should have thought about that before having children. The decision to have children—when it is a decision at all, rather than a mere failure to go to the drugstore—entails responsibilities that, yes, may limit what one can do. I'm tired of hearing people complain about the difficulty of indulging in night life when they have a three-month-old baby.

People who can't or won't leave their children behind may simply not be able to attend venues that aren't suitable for children. Wine-tasting events and performances of music are good examples. Children taken to these events are very likely to be bored stiff, and consequently to misbehave. That's not good for the children or for the other adults present. The only one who benefits is the thoughtless, selfish so-called parent who inserted the children into a place where they did not belong.

Unfortunately, many people who have children also have a sense of entitlement the size of Jupiter.

• Like 8