Who still decorates their cabin and their cabin door?

42 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Apparently for me, it is. 😄

On my last cruise, I removed the door decoration in the late afternoon on the last day and when going back to the cabin after dinner, I passed right by it and my room steward smiled and said "it's back that way". 

Last day, every time.  I'm thinking of keeping it up next time and stuffing it in the outer pocket of my suitcase.  🙂

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 9:28 PM, papajak said:

I enjoy decorating our door and use small magnets with ocean, cruise and travel themes. Its fun to see what others do, too.Some people go all out with battery operated lights!  Im really disappointed. I will be on an NCL cruise at the end of the month, and they don't allow door decorating for "safety reasons"!

But I have always seen some doors decorated on NCL ships. Especially for Christmas.

4 hours ago, Peggy and Mossey said:

Hi Flamingos, I think it looks very tatty and is a reflection of the personality inside the cabin.

just my two cents worth

It is fortunate for some of us those personalities are happy, colorful, creative, fun and inspiring people. Glad to be among them. 😁🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peggy and Mossey said:

Hi Flamingos, I think it looks very tatty and is a reflection of the personality inside the cabin.

just my two cents worth

Make sure you tell people that, when they come out of their doors while you're judging them.  🙂

• Like 3

On 7/12/2022 at 10:18 PM, iuki said:

We don’t decorate our door, but I love looking at the doors that are decorated.

On 7/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, CruiserLucas said:

We haven't in the past, but I'm considering it for the next cruise in December. Going to put my artist SO to the task. Make him practice what he's been learning in classes. 😜

21 hours ago, BusyFLmom said:

I have my 6th cruise book for October.  I have never done door decorations in the past but plan too for this trip.  It's my first trip with my 2 sisters and we are excited!!

YES! This is me - I enjoy seeing the decorations and was a bit envious that I hadn't thought about doing it this last cruise. When the kids were younger, I didn't have the time or energy, but now that they are teens, I can get them involved in doing this! Maybe a "door off" or something competitive between their room and ours 🤣 

• Like 1

Back when the kids were young and we used to take New Years cruises, we decorated our door with holiday themes.
I don’t do it anymore, but on cruises, I love seeing the doors that others decorate. Some are creative and make me laugh, others have messages of celebration that make me happy to know that good things are happening in the world. And yes, they are excellent markers to find my own cabin!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 8:17 AM, mchin said:

I plan to decorate the door of our cabin next year when we cruise to celebrate my daughter's HS graduation and acceptance to college.

You should include 2 envelopes on your door - 1 to help pay for your daughter's college expenses and 1 to help pay for your next cruise - because there's no money in your daughter's envelope... lol.

• Haha 1

I’ve been known to decorate my door and add mood lighting to my cabin.  

the mood lighting is so I don’t have to keep a bright white light on and still move about the cabin.  Their all remote controlled puck lights.   

pics from our covid cruise.  Week before shutdown.    

8A357BCE-7F87-4E5E-BBD9-E7A229F9BB73.jpeg

B8954C67-CBD1-46A0-BA3C-F4E410731350.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 2