Sanctum terrace area on Pursuit and complementary drinks in mini bar.

Guest Cooper2020

Guest Cooper2020

Just recently returned from Onward and was unable to use the Terrace area at the front of the ship (in Club Continent Suite) as one of the benefits.  Also the 4 bottle of complementary drinks in the suite are now just one large bottle of your preferred tipple (these not being Premium beverages).  

Has anyone had any experience on Pursuit recently into whether Club Continent suite's are able to use the private terrace as part of the benefits, and what complementary drinks available in the continent suites please?

There was another thread that mentioned the fact that Club Continent did not have access to the area in the front of the ship.  This was in the list of benefits at the time we booked, but don't see it now.  This concerns me some.

The item about the included bottles being changed from 4 small bottles to one large bottle can be the result of supply.  Here in the US some liquors are only coming in one size due to supply issues, so this may go back to previous.

• Like 1

Because we have always enjoyed the Sanctum Terrace area on deck 9, we booked a suite for our upcoming January cruise on Onward. Then we read that access was no longer included. The suite was twice the price of a balcony cabin, and we didn't think that getting half again as much room for twice the price was worth it.

I guess Azamara is within its rights to "uninclude" a previous inclusion - and we're within our rights to vote with our wallets.

The savings will more than pay for dining in the specialty restaurants every night and unlimited internet - with money to spare.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Cooper2020 said:

Just recently returned from Onward and was unable to use the Terrace area at the front of the ship (in Club Continent Suite) as one of the benefits.  Also the 4 bottle of complementary drinks in the suite are now just one large bottle of your preferred tipple (these not being Premium beverages).  

Has anyone had any experience on Pursuit recently into whether Club Continent suite's are able to use the private terrace as part of the benefits, and what complementary drinks available in the continent suites please?

We were on Pursuit in June and there was no access to the spa terrace except for the big suites. All suites had the four small bottles of liquor as before.

Guest Cooper2020
1 minute ago, Belfastman said:

We were on Pursuit in June and there was no access to the spa terrace except for the big suites. All suites had the four small bottles of liquor as before.

Thank you for your reply - that answers my question as I am booked November on Pursuit.  

On the Onward last week they were offering only  a  one Litre bottle of the basic liquor from a list  as opposed to the previously offered premium 4 small bottle set up. 

On 7/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, Belfastman said:

On our June 17 Journey cruise The Spa staff had a list of I believe around eight cabins(suites) that would be entitled to use the Sanctum Terrace. I was told that even if you booked a spa treatment you could not use the terrace but that you could purchase a package for the entire cruise. It was not cheap and since we were doing a port intensive cruise I decided not to go for it but I asked if it would be possible to book a single day and they never got back to me. The spa manager did mention that they did not work for Azamara. A friend who traveled with us was a regular in the spa as she booked treatments for massages, acupuncture, hair, nails private training so they threw in full use of the synctim terrace for her. I agree that it is hardly worth paying for a club continent suite at those exorbitant prices, without this valuable perk. On our cruise which had just under 500 passengers The pool area felt very full on the sea day and shady space was hard to find. They never put up the umbrellas on the pool deck or on the Sunset Terrace. Admittedly several of the days were too windy for it but other days it would have been possible especially in Port.

As far as the liquor bottles and the changes, I am not surprised that they now give 1 large bottle instead of several small.  People were probably bringing those smaller bottles home in their luggage etc.  Whereas a larger bottle is a mental "block" of do I really want that large bottle in my luggage and what it it breaks?   I know a large % of people don't drink but bring home whatever is provided in their cabins on various lines.....Except the large bottles......So perhaps Azamara is getting smart$.   On our last Celebrity cruise, we had two large bottles of grey goose and 18 year old single malt, 2 bottles of Laurent Perrier and 2 whites and 2 reds all on our counter/wine fridge etc.   We looked at each other and just knew we were not bringing any of this back.   We enjoy what we enjoy onboard and after that.....give it to somebody else, we are not in room drinkers, and nothing had been touched.   Safe sails to all.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We are on Pursuit at the moment. We have 3 rather than the previous 4 bottles of spirts (gin, bacardi and whisky) the brandy has disappeared but they are half the size we had in April on Quest (and on previous

cruises). I paid for the spa terrace - it was about $175 for one or $275 for two for a 13 day cruise (you can buy individual days if they have capacity, not sure of the exact cost but it Is less on port days). We also noticed the lovely Azamara pens were replaced with non-branded inexpensive gel pens!🙁

• Thanks 2

From what I am hearing, there is a shortage of glass, affecting wine and liquor bottles, and even cars! So the smaller liquor bottles in suites may have been affected. In the UK, we have noticed random and variable shortages of things, some to do with glass, some to do with global shipping patterns, and some that seem completely unexplainable! Welcome to post-Covid travel, I think.

PS, I would expect/hope for the pen situation to resolve fairly quickly, since the parent company of Azamara is also the parent company of Staples. There must be some advantages. 😊

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

From what I am hearing, there is a shortage of glass, affecting wine and liquor bottles, and even cars! So the smaller liquor bottles in suites may have been affected. In the UK, we have noticed random and variable shortages of things, some to do with glass, some to do with global shipping patterns, and some that seem completely unexplainable! Welcome to post-Covid travel, I think.

PS, I would expect/hope for the pen situation to resolve fairly quickly, since the parent company of Azamara is also the parent company of Staples. There must be some advantages. 😊

I love watching glass blowing demonstrations, but even in the audience you can feel the heat when they open the doors – that heat requires HUGE amounts of energy, which as we all know is in short supply at the moment.  Even some of the luxury glass blowers in Murano, Venice are shutting down because they can't pay the energy bills.  So no surprise that lower-value glass operations (like bottles) aren't churning them out.

10 hours ago, Pen1954 said:

We also noticed the lovely Azamara pens were replaced with non-branded inexpensive gel pens!🙁

Oh, no!  I highly value my Azamara pens; just two left since 2019.  Hoping these are restocked before our next cruise!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I love watching glass blowing demonstrations, but even in the audience you can feel the heat when they open the doors – that heat requires HUGE amounts of energy, which as we all know is in short supply at the moment.  Even some of the luxury glass blowers in Murano, Venice are shutting down because they can't pay the energy bills.  So no surprise that lower-value glass operations (like bottles) aren't churning them out.

Italian wine bottle makers estimate energy consumption required to produce one 750 ml wine bottle to be about 7 MJ, which roughly converts to 2 kWh, that’s about 20 US cents in Canada (for industry).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrcan said:

Italian wine bottle makers estimate energy consumption required to produce one 750 ml wine bottle to be about 7 MJ, which roughly converts to 2 kWh, that’s about 20 US cents in Canada (for industry).

Apparently it's much more in Europe, which doesn't have Canada's lovely hydropower.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:14 AM, Pen1954 said:

We are on Pursuit at the moment. We have 3 rather than the previous 4 bottles of spirts (gin, bacardi and whisky) the brandy has disappeared but they are half the size we had in April on Quest (and on previous

cruises). I paid for the spa terrace - it was about $175 for one or $275 for two for a 13 day cruise (you can buy individual days if they have capacity, not sure of the exact cost but it Is less on port days). We also noticed the lovely Azamara pens were replaced with non-branded inexpensive gel pens!🙁

That is one heck of a price jump!  I was on Journey in July for an 11 night and it was $99 for a single and $170 for a couple.

• Like 1