Reinstate FCC

MarkusToe

We had a, from X canceled cruise and got FCC for it. ( Nowadays a fault,I should take the $$$, that would solve all probs...,,)

Back to problem

I've used the old FCC to book a new cruise, may 3rd, but we got COVID and where not able to board.

We thought, ok no problem we will get the new FCC and use it after recovery....

FAULT: X is not able or willing to reinstate the FCC....

Any idea about normal timing to reinstate FCC by X?

Looks like we will never cruise with them again....a loss of 5k$ is nothing I'll forget...

If they would just state: cruise canceled you loose everything, fine. I've a insurance to cover that case.... But again, nothing...

Edited by MarkusToe

How long ago did you submit your proof of testing positive?  What are you being told about the timing of a refund or return of the FCC portion?  

We have had 2 FCCs that we applied to cruises and then cancelled .  It took about 60  days for 1 to be reinstated and closer to 90 days for the other.

Did you book direct with Celebrity or with a TA?  Our TA was helpful in getting the 2nd FCC issued there were some errors on the $ refund portion which slowed down the process. Maybe your TA can get things moving.

The test certificate was sent by TA to X.

Test was sent on 05/02/2022.

One couple of our party, test positive as well, got FCC, but they paid cash. 

The others, using old FCC, didn't get anything from X. We got confirmation from TA there are FCC, but if we try to use them, nothing....

May I ask, is there a option to see it?

Somewhere in my account?

8 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

The test certificate was sent by TA to X.

Test was sent on 05/02/2022.

One couple of our party, test positive as well, got FCC, but they paid cash. 

The others, using old FCC, didn't get anything from X. We got confirmation from TA there are FCC, but if we try to use them, nothing....

May I ask, is there a option to see it?

Somewhere in my account?

There is no place in your account that shows FCCs.  Every time we have gotten a FCC our TA has been given the FCC information.  

You say your TA confirmed there are FCCs then your TA should be able to apply the FCCs for you or send you a copy so you can apply them.

15 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

We had a, from X canceled cruise and got FCC for it. ( Nowadays a fault,I should take the $$$, that would solve all probs...,,)

Back to problem

I've used the old FCC to book a new cruise, may 3rd, but we got COVID and where not able to board.

We thought, ok no problem we will get the new FCC and use it after recovery....

FAULT: X is not able or willing to reinstate the FCC....

Any idea about normal timing to reinstate FCC by X?

Looks like we will never cruise with them again....a loss of 5k$ is nothing I'll forget...

If they would just state: cruise canceled you loose everything, fine. I've a insurance to cover that case.... But again, nothing...

I hear your frustration.   You need to have a discussion with your TA.  The time lag is running about 90 days but your TA should be able to apply the credit to a future cruise almost immediately.   You are saying X is not willing to reinstate your FCC, but think you are simply caught up in the issue of new employees having an impossible amount of changes to process.

I would find a cruise I like and tell my TA to apply that $$ amount to the new cruise using the FCC.

The situation is much the same with every company in the travel industry.  Airlines probably worse than cruiselines today.   Takes time to train employees.

Sorry for this - we tested pos on Constellation in Jan - we were able to recover the FCC from that cruise as well as a full refund for the second leg of back to back.  It took a while and we were persistent with the Celebrity Engagement Center to get it sorted out.  

Your credits haven’t been issued yet if you’re trying to use the old number and it’s not working. I’m not sure how you translated that into Celebrity pocketing the $5k. If you have another cruise in mind have the TA work with Celebrity to move the credit to that booking. It usually is completed fairly fast.

If you’re never cruising with them again I would look to your insurance to recoup what you can since a FCC would be useless.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

. If you have another cruise in mind have the TA work with Celebrity to move the credit to that booking. It usually is completed fairly fast

Tried exactly that. NOTHING 3weeks NOTHING, not even an answer, I've mailed a few times to engagement....

• 2 weeks later...