Nonrefundable deposit of booking made after Cruise with Confidence (CWC)

clojacks

We booked a cruise in March of 2022 for this coming January that we are considering cancelling. From my understanding, the Cruise with Confidence terms applied to bookings made through July 31, 2021, so we have booked after the CWC rules. I just found out from our TA, that our NR deposit comes back to us in the form of a FCC that needs to be used within 1 year. I believe the CWC FCC's received for cancelling had no expiration? I can find pretty clear info on applying a CWC FCC to an existing booking. Does anyone had experience applying a cancelled deposit FCC to an existing booking? I can find rules and procedures for applying a deposit or FCC from a cancelled cruise that was booked during the Cruise with Confidence program, but can't find anything specifically dealing with post CWC cancellations.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Ah, didn’t realize your cruise was next year.

When we had a FCC issued pre CWC we gave the  details of the FCC to our TA and she applied it when we booked a new cruise.

And what I would prefer to do is apply it to an existing cruise. But short of reading through my contract, which is the next step, I can't find any info on whether I can do that.

You can certainly try to get them to apply the excess funds from the cancellation to another existing reservation but I think you would probably need to get escalated to someone beyond first line phone support as they seem very poorly trained at this point.

From reports here it can take months to get FCC's processed so it my be problematic to cancel then wait for the FCC unless the existing sailing is a long way out.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The FCC expires 1 year from date of issue.   If you have another cruise in mind you could also just move the reservation to that new sailing however the $100 pp admin fee still applies.  

We actually have 4 scheduled between January of 2023 and March of 2024. What I would prefer to do is apply the FCC we would receive for cancelling our first January 2023 cruise to our second January 2023 cruise, which is already booked. I guess that is my question...can we apply FCC to our final payment of an already boked future cruise as long as it falls within the 1 year rule?

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

We actually have 4 scheduled between January of 2023 and March of 2024. What I would prefer to do is apply the FCC we would receive for cancelling our first January 2023 cruise to our second January 2023 cruise, which is already booked. I guess that is my question...can we apply FCC to our final payment of an already boked future cruise as long as it falls within the 1 year rule?

You can definitely apply it to an existing booking.  We recently got an FCC from a NRD for an April 2022 cruise that we ended up cancelling.  I was able to apply it towards an August 2022 cruise that we had booked last year.

I had to wait to get the credit in an email, which took about 3-4 weeks I believe, and then I applied it online to the other booking using the FCC code they provided.  I believe it took about 48-72 hours from there for the credit to be confirmed by Celebrity, but it was quite an easy process overall.