Recent passengers on Emerald or Grand Class Ships….

Triptkr

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

Good points.  How does one re-title after thread has been started?  Or do I need to start new thread?

Go to your initial post in this thread.

Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.

Click on report.

Explain your request.

The moderator will change the title if she agrees.

• Thanks 1

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Recent passengers on Emerald or Grand Class Ships….
On 7/12/2022 at 12:39 PM, voljeep said:

sure - hope that changes - but it's not enough to move cabins for I don't think ... we are out on the balcony mainly when the ship is moving anyway, so shouldn't that help dissipate that?

No it does not!!! Especially if you are a non smoker or sensitive to cigarette smoker.  The smoke will come into the suite or cabin with just opening the sliding door. Even when the ship is sailing. 

On 7/12/2022 at 10:02 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Both sea days and port days. Of course some port days I’d be off the ship for a large part of the day. 

The stench would be intermittent and not typically constant.  However there were several occasions where I was forced to vacate the balcony for a longer period of time.

We’d be eating lunch on the balcony at our table and it would be overwhelming for several minutes then be gone as the wind changed. Same thing would happen during my early morning coffee times. There were times I’d wake up at midnight and go out to watch the stars and would have to retreat back inside and shut the door it was so bad. That said there were plenty of times that I didn’t smell it and did get to enjoy the balcony. For the price I pay for those full suites I feel I should be able to use the balcony 100% of the time. 

As it’s now been a year since the restart my patience is growing thin with regards to this. If I find my meals or naps disturbed by smoke on my 2 week sailing to Hawaii this November  I will speak to the HGM on board.

Just as a point of reference I’ve sailed 27 days in the aft facing suites , vista (Ruby), penthouse (Ruby) and owners (Grand) since the restart.  The Aloha deck penthouse was the only one where it was not that big a deal. However I often couldn’t stand at the balcony as the smoke would be noticeable there. But it wasn’t when sitting at the table or sleeping on the lounger. So that made it bearable.  

I agree with you 100%.  I spoke with HGM on the Grand it did not do any good.  He said he couldn’t do anything about it. It was a decision that was made by corporate.  I even wrote emails to all the higher ups.  They basically care more about the crew being able to smoke than they do their paying “guests” as they call us now. When I said that to the HGM he said there was nothing he could do. This was on the Grand 🤨.  Maybe you will have better luck.

21 hours ago, caribill said:

There have been threads on Cruise Credit about this problem.

Due to Covid, crew are not allowed to smoke indoors as they would be too close to one another in their normal indoor smoking area. So the aft of the ship's promenade deck is where they were allowed to smoke. (The crew area at the front of the ship (near the crew pool) is too windy when the ship is at sea for smoking.

Management's response has basically been that the aft on the promenade deck is the only suitable area for outside crew smoking.

Oh, but they can pull & push & drag guests together in the Explorer’s Lounge on the dance floor when guests are elbow to elbow having what they call a sing along party .  No masking & no caring how close everyone was.  Just forget about Covid when it comes to having fun.  That was the theme that evening in April on the Grand.  
    Let the crew have a ball smoking up a storm back in their indoor normal (before Covid) smoking areas. I will donate some balloons for them.  

4 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I agree with you 100%.  I spoke with HGM on the Grand it did not do any good.  He said he couldn’t do anything about it. It was a decision that was made by corporate.  I even wrote emails to all the higher ups.  They basically care more about the crew being able to smoke than they do their paying “guests” as they call us now. When I said that to the HGM he said there was nothing he could do. This was on the Grand 🤨.  Maybe you will have better luck.

This is what boggles my mind!  Let's face it.  Their highest paying customers are mostly on the aft of these ships...full suites.   They really don't care at all that the people that occupy and pay a lot of money for those staterooms (not to mention the premium balconies that cost more than a regular balcony stateroom) are eventually gonna get ticked off and leave??   Huh??   Isn't this a time when businesses that are already in deep financial doo-doo would want to retain their loyal customers?  🤔 

18 hours ago, Triptkr said:

This is what boggles my mind!  Let's face it.  Their highest paying customers are mostly on the aft of these ships...full suites.   They really don't care at all that the people that occupy and pay a lot of money for those staterooms (not to mention the premium balconies that cost more than a regular balcony stateroom) are eventually gonna get ticked off and leave??   Huh??   Isn't this a time when businesses that are already in deep financial doo-doo would want to retain their loyal customers?  🤔 

I agree with you.  Are you listening Princess

I emailed customer service questioning the aft staff smoking area and the impact it was having on the aft cabin balconies . I received a response saying Princess had no record of ANY complaints and were confident my upcoming cruise would not be impacted. 

I will be very vocal if my aft balcony becomes unusable due to fumes from staff smoking below. As a non smoker I find it disgusting and Princess would certainly lose my custom.

5 hours ago, Jayel55 said:

I emailed customer service questioning the aft staff smoking area and the impact it was having on the aft cabin balconies . I received a response saying Princess had no record of ANY complaints and were confident my upcoming cruise would not be impacted. 

I will be very vocal if my aft balcony becomes unusable due to fumes from staff smoking below. As a non smoker I find it disgusting and Princess would certainly lose my custom.

That’s hilarious!  On every post cruise survey since the restart I have complained about the negative impact the aft smoking area has had on my cruise…..from loss of use of the promenade to being unable to use my balcony. That is 10 surveys with a plethora of complaints in them about this issue. I will have to email them and ask them to revisit their “no complaints” stance. 

• 1 month later...