upgrade cabin question

I booked Ultra Spacious Ocean View Stateroom 9500 on Mariner of the Seas --- there are 4 of us .... if I bid for an upgrade, what would be an upgrade from this room?

Edited by C cruise

27 minutes ago, CruiseWendy said:

When you RoyalUp you bid on specific stateroom categories. They are offered to you at the time of bidding.

Right, but, if you have some unique cabin like @C cruise has, what RCI considers an upgrade could be different than what the poster imagines. The pics that come with Royal Up offers can be quite misleading.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, C cruise said:

I booked Ultra Spacious Ocean View Stateroom 9500 on Mariner of the Seas --- there are 4 of us .... if I bid for an upgrade, what would be an upgrade from this room?

Oceanview balcony maybe.

Other upgrades could be suites, junior, grand, owners, etc.

• Like 1

The ultra spacious ov is bigger than the balcony cabins on most ships and very hard to book as they are great for a family group. We booked the ultra spacious ov on our Baltic cruise on Voyager(same class), but we cancelled because of the Russian war. Not every ship class has this category. Look on the website at your ship's deck plans, then look at the cabin category and description.

Barb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C cruise said:

VP suite comes to mind. Up on deck 12 forward. Similar size, but has suite perks 

• Like 3

I have heard of people being offered an upgrade to two rooms instead of having just one, but since there's no guarantee the rooms will be anywhere near each other it would probably only work if your group consists of 4 adults. 

Apart from that and in your specific case, I wouldn't consider anything less than a junior suite to be worth bidding on.

• Like 1

I would also consider what space is important to you and ask that way.  The room of usov is probably bigger then most any room not a suite.  maybe on certain ships they have a fmaily labeled room or maybe if you get an odd corner.  But maybe a balcony room is smaller inside with extra space outside.  Maybe the bathrooms can be compaired 1 way or the other.  We are a family of 4 and have moved from inside guarantee to outside neghbrhood gty on allure.  There is a difference in room configuration and room size for the 2.  Mostly.  We have cruised before in this format and although not ideal, we make it work.  Like living in a tiny house.  The balcony just gives us a separate area for people to sit maybe while others sleep.  I would say most improvements, if any, above usov would be nominal, until you get to a suite.  https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/mariner-of-the-seas-274/ultra-spacious-ocean-view-cabin-417830/ultra-spacious-ocean-view-cabin--v18597936/

here is a link to the room.

And according to this,

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Mariner-of-the-Seas

the usov is bigger then the js, not including the balcony. 

• Like 1

If you have the opportunity to bid on the Panoramic suite, you go from 328 sq ft to 406 sf, but you get

1 1/2 bathrooms and all of the suite benefits .  The panoramic has the king bed, a double sofa bed, and a small curtained off bunk room. A junior suite is smaller than what you currently have.

Good luck with your bid, we upgraded on our last 2 cruises and enjoyed the extra space.

You didn't mention if you are traveling with small children or all adults.

Barb

• Like 2