NCL Introduces new "Free At Sea Plus" Packages

1 hour ago, kessdarln said:

Besides already having it, was there an option to upgrade wifi to streaming, since it only offers unlimited not streaming.  The math works out really well if I were going to do Streaming and Beverage

I don’t think it includes streaming upgrade option.  You could try adding it before you add FASUP and see what it does.  The price might adjust accordingly.  If you end up with three internet options you can always cancel one…but that might have to be your streaming option.  And it might have to be a phone call to NCL. 

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

I don’t think it includes streaming upgrade option.  You could try adding it before you add FASUP and see what it does.  The price might adjust accordingly.  If you end up with three internet options you can always cancel one…but that might have to be your streaming option.  And it might have to be a phone call to NCL. 

for me the streaming upgrade was an additional $10 a day, with $70 as a separate line item.  

F2AA162A-508F-4A25-B182-BD657A344ED3.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freepirate said:

Additional dining detail, in case it was not mentioned elsewhere. I upgraded to the FASUP and in doing so had 4 nights of free dining in specialty restaurants (2 from FAS and 2 from FASUP). I called to add 2 more nights to use up the rest of my FFCs and the agent said that the system wont let her add the dining as it tries to cancel the FASUP whenever she puts it in. Has anyone else had this issue? Were you able to resolve it?

Someone else reported recently not being able to add two additional dining packages. 

I can’t remember the detail, but it seems that the system can only handle the free at sea option and one additional package. I’m

not sure whether there was a way round this.

Is this upgrade available online, or is it something you need to call in and ask about? I booked the Prima about a year ago for a February 2023 cruise, and I don't see anything in my booking indicating that it's available. There is a section called "upgrade offers", but it only includes the option to upgrade to the premium plus beverage package or WiFi, but no FASUP package deal...

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Is this upgrade available online, or is it something you need to call in and ask about? 

I was told you have to call and add it (or add it via your travel agent).     We just added it to our 3 upcoming bookings.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Is this upgrade available online, or is it something you need to call in and ask about? I booked the Prima about a year ago for a February 2023 cruise, and I don't see anything in my booking indicating that it's available. There is a section called "upgrade offers", but it only includes the option to upgrade to the premium plus beverage package or WiFi, but no FASUP package deal...

i called.  for 7 days, 2 people it was $686 for plus, and $140 to add streaming.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Yes, it's not publicly available (yet?) You need to call. https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-line-perks-program-free-at-sea-plus/

On 8/4/2022 at 12:50 PM, Dave994 said:

Just an Update on this......I called yesterday and tried to add this on and at first they said they were able to do it, but it raised the price of my Air by $8000...so the glitch with Free at Sea Plus and the Air Promotion continues....the supervisor agent I am told, filed a ticket to solve the glitch and I was advised to call back in 1 week to see if it has been resolved.....so Yes, apparently they agree I should be able to add it with the Free Air promo, but the glitch is the issue that doesn't seem to be resolved yet....

I was just able to add it through the online chat and it kept the air promotion this time!

Screenshot_20220812-145243_Drive.jpg

• Thanks 1

We were also able to add it yesterday to our November Joy sailing. Like others have said we were able to add streaming for an additional $10 per day. For some reason we were told they could only do it on one guest for $70 and the other passenger only gets unlimited wifi (non-streaming). Not a huge deal for us as that was what we wanted (didn't think they would allow us to only upgrade one) but it seems like others were able to get it on 2 passengers for $140.

Great deal for stuff we had already purchased separately. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave994 said:

Thank you! I will call tomorrow or use to chat to see if I can get it added now. 

was able to get this added on today!!! I am so excited! $883 Canadian dollars for those who asked. Totally worth it for us as it’s our 25th wedding anniversary cruise and I want us to really enjoy it, without worrying about the cost of stuff while on board. Now to plan !!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Total cost? Thanks

Total cost will depend on the length of your cruise and if guest #2 is also over 21. Assuming that both guest 1 & 2 are both adults it would be $49pp/pd. So $49 X 2 X length of your cruise=Total cost

Edited by 603NHCruiser
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Michel D99 said:

Any of the readers knows if this PLUS option is also available for the UK and European market? Norwegian is not aware of the "promotion" and not able to answer my question. Maybe one of the customers knows? :classic_smile:

I believe so. Here are the terms and conditions: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions, scroll down to Free at Sea Plus Upgrade Program

And a handy screenshot (I do love the snipping tool):

image.thumb.png.903e7b888712552d3ea8ef66a27a01b1.png

• Thanks 2

Y

On 8/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, Michel D99 said:

Any of the readers knows if this PLUS option is also available for the UK and European market? Norwegian is not aware of the "promotion" and not able to answer my question. Maybe one of the customers knows? :classic_smile:

Yes - I added it via Live Chat and paid in my online account, was £330 for a 10 day cruise so a decent FX rate as well.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I believe so. Here are the terms and conditions: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions, scroll down to Free at Sea Plus Upgrade Program

And a handy screenshot (I do love the snipping tool):

image.thumb.png.903e7b888712552d3ea8ef66a27a01b1.png

Thanks a lot! Tricky business. Currently in Portugal and opening the link you quoted leads to the FR or ES terms and conditions. No trace of fas PLUS. Using a vpn set to the US and the information is present. Different terms and pricing for different countries. Now understand why NCL in both chat and mail replied that they could not give any information related to market specific promotions. 

On 8/23/2022 at 10:14 PM, crow99 said:

Y

Yes - I added it via Live Chat and paid in my online account, was £330 for a 10 day cruise so a decent FX rate as well.

Thanks that’s really helpful 🙂 I assume I’ll be able to ring up and add on for my January cruise! I’m assuming the £330 was per person for 10 days? I think that works out about £462 for a 7 day for two which is not bad!

Another question - the $100 excursion credit states it’s per excursion, but I always thought the $50 was per port, so you wouldn’t get the money off for a second excursion at the same port, does anyone know?

22 minutes ago, Cruisegirl92x said:

Thanks that’s really helpful 🙂 I assume I’ll be able to ring up and add on for my January cruise! I’m assuming the £330 was per person for 10 days? I think that works out about £462 for a 7 day for two which is not bad!

Another question - the $100 excursion credit states it’s per excursion, but I always thought the $50 was per port, so you wouldn’t get the money off for a second excursion at the same port, does anyone know?

Yes - we originally upgraded on our cruise leaving on 8/29. We've cancelled that cruise, but before we did we added Free at Sea Plus. We had excursions booked and each excursion was credited an additional $50 regardless of how many at each port. We live, and book, in the US, so we may have different rules.

My husband was passenger 1 - received an excursion discount based on the normal Free at Sea package. As passenger 2, I had no discount. We added Free at Sea Plus and I then automatically had a $50 discount for each of my shore excursions. We did have multiple excursions in each port and they were all credited an additional $50 for me. 

This may be a difference between USA and Europe/other markets if you are only able to get it for each port. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruisegirl92x said:

I always thought the $50 was per port, so you wouldn’t get the money off for a second excursion at the same port, does anyone know?

The execution credit was always $50 for each excursion, we have taken multiple on many occasions, they just can't overlap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl92x said:

I’ve missed out then!! Thanks for the info, I’ll put this to good use in future

It's hard to find a second that does not clash some times but if there is an all day hop on hop off bus or funicular for example, it's easy to book this and a second.

For UK cruisers:
I just called my PCC to price my 7 day in December, I was expecting $350pp to be about £300, my PCC quoted me £273pp which is £39pp per day ☺️

I think this is a reasonable deal, for two people who book a lot of excursions you can cover half the costs with the excursion credit alone. For me the cost of unlimited internet, upgraded drinks and extra meals never looked attractive individually but as a package, if you can recover half the cost through excursions it starts to look more attractive for shorter cruises.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 2