Onpoint Covid testing

itsanita

We  just used Onpoint  to virtually test this am at 7am via zoom. 

We are flying out later today for our cruise on Friday.  It was very very easy for the 7 of us.  Done in about 20 minutes. 

However, the report does not have a QR code.  Hopefully that is ok. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, itsanita said:

We are flying out later today for our cruise on Friday.  It was very very easy for the 7 of us.  Done in about 20 minutes. 

OnPoint and Rapidtestandtrace.com are just two proctoring companies that do a good job.  QR code is not supplied at our local county testing facility and is not required.

We booked On Point for our cruise in a couple of weeks. Using the free tests we got from the government (Orange and white box) I have only heard of this place recently, within the past few days. Please let us know how you make out. We have never had a QR code on our results so it should be ok. How long did it take them to email you the results?

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the update. We are going to use them Friday at 4p. As I have 18 government provided test it only made sense to us. We practiced Monday with a box so I think we are ready.

• Like 2

We have appointments with them for testing next week so glad to hear that some have been successful with them. Curious how they handle two people being tested- I realize that they will walk us through it but do they test us at the same time? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsanita said:

QR code is not required.   Some services add one others don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We used On Point with our free tests from our home prior to our June 19 cruise.  The appointment was easy to schedule.  Have your driver's license, insurance cards, and confirmation number ready.   We used a laptop because we thought it would be easier for both of us to see and be seen on that as opposed to a phone or tablet.  I set everything up ahead of time in an area with good natural light.  The proctor had both of us test together; we just followed her instructions as she watched.  When the 15 minutes were up, we held up our test strips one at a time, and she declared them negative.  We got the email results within about 15 minutes.  I had the letters on my phone but also printed them out; I think that's easier during the embarkation process.  The letter was sufficient; we didn't need a QR code.  Very easy process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't remember if it was on the portal, but I think it was.  We got it as an attachment to the email (separate emails for each of us).

Another suggestion: have a pair of small scissors handy to easily open the seal on the box and the plastic around the tubes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Angel75 said:

I can't remember if it was on the portal, but I think it was.  We got it as an attachment to the email (separate emails for each of us).

Another suggestion: have a pair of small scissors handy to easily open the seal on the box and the plastic around the tubes.

Thank you so much for the info. Between this test and the flights, my anxiety is going to need a vacation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, tulok said:

Thank you so much for the info. Between this test and the flights, my anxiety is going to need a vacation.

We had seven, so they had us make two appointments. One was for 7 AM the second one was for 730. The first appointment had four of us and she had us do all four of them at the same time. She did ask us to show us the unopened box. We sat those four aside and then she immediately did the other three even though it was only 10 minutes later. We sat those three aside and then we showed her the first four that were negative and then we showed her that the last three were negative. We had to go onto the portal to get our results. I couldn’t do a screenshot because it was on two pages so I just printed them out. 

• Like 2

@itsanitaThank you. I feel

more at ease with taking this test from all the info. There will be 2 of us taking it and I am planning on using my tablet. I will have scissors, DL, insurance cards, confirmations and the portal info ready.

• Like 1

I was laying awake at night worrying about how to get this all handled before we flew from Fort Lauderdale to Seattle. No sense getting on the plane before we even knew we were all negative. But this was so very very easy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, itsanita said:

I was laying awake at night worrying about how to get this all handled before we flew from Fort Lauderdale to Seattle. No sense getting on the plane before we even knew we were all negative. But this was so very very easy.

I hope you can now relax and enjoy your vacation. Thank you again. You put my mind more at ease as I haven’t seen a lot of info with On Point. 

Thank you posting as we’d like to use this service for our November cruise where we are flying into Ft Lauderdale 2 days early, so need to test from the hotel. 

Can you use an iPhone or iPad for the appointment? I’m hoping not to bring my laptop down with me. TIA! 

31 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Thank you posting as we’d like to use this service for our November cruise where we are flying into Ft Lauderdale 2 days early, so need to test from the hotel. 

Can you use an iPhone or iPad for the appointment? I’m hoping not to bring my laptop down with me. TIA! 

Yes, you can use a phone or tablet.  We used our laptop because we were at home.  If we had taken the test in a hotel I would have used my iPad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

As anyone used one of these services when sailing from a non-US port?

Yes.  You do it over the internet so in reality they have no idea where you are doing the test or where you are cruising.   Many have used both in Canada.  Friends used Rapidtestandtrace.com in Netherlands son in the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsanita said:

If you don't have a really early flight you could do your test anytime just after mid-night which may help you sleep better knowing your negative.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel75 said:

Yes, you can use a phone or tablet.  We used our laptop because we were at home.  If we had taken the test in a hotel I would have used my iPad.

Is there a requirement to have printed results? If we test using our IPad in the hotel, we would not be able to print the results. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No showing the report on your phone/ipad is fine.   Just make sure you don't need network connection to be able to pull it up.   One suggestion is to pull it up on your screen and take a screenshot and save.

Thanks so much for your advice. We are not technically savvy enough to figure this out but can manage that! Appreciate you, wrk2cruise.

• Like 1

So I looked up the On Point testing.  Is it my understanding that we use the government issued tests we got through the mail?  And what if there is not a center near us, is it done with a video call?

• Like 1