Internet Package

Jeal

I get a free day of internet because I’m considered Diamond on Royal(Elite on Celebrity). I will need an internet package. Currently, it is $16.99 a day. Should I wait to buy the package until I get on the ship? 

If you want to use the free day you can only do that onboard the ship and you will pay regular price for internet not getting the discount if you buy it in advance.  I have been just waiting to buy it onboard to use my 2 free days but to save money I just wait 1-2 days before buying.  My opinion is you don't need internet the first day and lately I have been skipping that second day, so it comes in cheaper with the 2 free days but no internet at the start.  Royal needs to provide us the free days or the credit in advance, other lines do.

The packages run around $25-$29 per day on board, so if you need seven days of internet and only have one free day, it's cheaper to purchase a 7-day package in advance.  You can use your one free day on board with another device, or let someone else use it.

If you only need internet on some days and not full-time, then you can use your free day and buy another day or two here and there so your overall cost is lower, because you won't be getting as much internet.

It just depends on what you need internet for / how much of it you need.

12 hours ago, afurman said:

If you want to use the free day you can only do that onboard the ship and you will pay regular price for internet not getting the discount if you buy it in advance.  I have been just waiting to buy it onboard to use my 2 free days but to save money I just wait 1-2 days before buying.  My opinion is you don't need internet the first day and lately I have been skipping that second day, so it comes in cheaper with the 2 free days but no internet at the start.  Royal needs to provide us the free days or the credit in advance, other lines do.

But you would get a Diamond discount off the regular price, so it is better that paying “retail”