Classic wine by the bottle

writedance

Has anyone tried this package? I’d like to see the list of available wines, but can’t find it on the website, and the woman I spoke to on phone at Celebrity had no idea. If I only get 3, 5, or 7 bottles I’d like to see the choices.

Thanks for your help!

39 minutes ago, writedance said:

Has anyone tried this package? I’d like to see the list of available wines, but can’t find it on the website, and the woman I spoke to on phone at Celebrity had no idea. If I only get 3, 5, or 7 bottles I’d like to see the choices.

Thanks for your help!

Today you actually won't know until you are on board.  Lots of supply issues so you would have a choice within a price range of what is available on your cruise.

Absolutely agree with you.  I would not purchase the package today.  Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, writedance said:

Thanks for your help!

I got the 3 bottle package on board, probably more expensive than pre purchase,  can't remember.

The wine was OK. Seem to remember they didn't have a dry rose 

We always have basic cruise price without drink package. If I had the drink package I wouldn't of purchased the bottle package 

We have a "cruise only rate without AI " lift and shift to Alaska coming up and we were considering this package also.  We have decided to wait until we board to purchase wine by the bottle with our 20% Elite discount.  We will bring wine on (two bottles each are allowed) and have the Elite Happy Hour so that may be enough.  In the past sometimes there were sales of wine by the bottle in the area outside of the buffet.  Also if you like good wine you may be better off bringing premium wines on board and paying the corkage fee to have them in the dining room.  You can always fill a glass in your room and bring it into the dining room.  There are always a few bringing in glasses of wine from the bars so you will fit in with the flow.  Just some thoughts on the subject that influenced our decision to wait.

You can now bring on 4 bottles of wine, however if you do not have a beverage package there is a corkage fee of $25.  For those with a beverage package the corkage fee is waived. 

We  purchased the Premium wine bottle package a few years ago and the price was the same pre cruise as when on board.  I would suggest you wait until you are on the ship and purchase the package from the sommelier in your dining room.  They can tell you exactly what wines are available and they will appreciate your purchasing it from them .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We have a "cruise only rate without AI " lift and shift to Alaska coming up and we were considering this package also.  We have decided to wait until we board to purchase wine by the bottle with our 20% Elite discount.  We will bring wine on (two bottles each are allowed) and have the Elite Happy Hour so that may be enough.  In the past sometimes there were sales of wine by the bottle in the area outside of the buffet.  Also if you like good wine you may be better off bringing premium wines on board and paying the corkage fee to have them in the dining room.  You can always fill a glass in your room and bring it into the dining room.  There are always a few bringing in glasses of wine from the bars so you will fit in with the flow.  Just some thoughts on the subject that influenced our decision to wait.

I thought the rule was 2 per *stateroom*, not per person? 

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Today you actually won't know until you are on board.  Lots of supply issues so you would have a choice within a price range of what is available on your cruise.

Absolutely agree with you.  I would not purchase the package today.  Just my opinion.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I got the 3 bottle package on board, probably more expensive than pre purchase,  can't remember.

The wine was OK. Seem to remember they didn't have a dry rose 

We always have basic cruise price without drink package. If I had the drink package I wouldn't of purchased the bottle package 

I have basic cruise price as well, thought a couple bottles in luggage would be enough. But, I want to be “prepared”! 

45 minutes ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

It was recently changed to 2 bottles per person

1 hour ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

That changed within the past 6 weeks or so.  As did the change regarding waiving the corkage fee for those with a beverage package.

45 minutes ago, writedance said:

I have basic cruise price as well, thought a couple bottles in luggage would be enough. But, I want to be “prepared”! 

Best to carry it on.  If you place it in your luggage there is a good chance your luggage will be sent to the naughty room and you will have to go retrieve it.

49 minutes ago, writedance said:

If you bring wine on board and it is found in your luggage you will need to go to the "naughty room" to get your luggage.  They will KEEP the wine until the end of your cruise unless you are lucky.

Always in your carryon.