another insurance question

Medicare doesn't apply outside the US.  Medigap policies may or may not.  It's also useful to remember that pre-existing condition exclusions also apply to family members who may not be traveling with you.  If you have to cancel due to their situation, you would be out of luck if your policy does not have pre-existing condition coverage.

1 hour ago, sunlover2 said:

Can you please PM me the info if it cannot be posted. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will look up on my laptop tomorrow morning and let you know.   I think it is alliance prime but will double check.   

May be Allianz. OneTrip Prime is the single trip policy. AllTrips Prime is the annual plan with cancellation at $3,000 for the year and medical at $20,000 - pretty low for an entire year no matter how many trips you have -  but Allianz is a good company. You may find something that works for you.

55 minutes ago, Babr said:

May be Allianz. OneTrip Prime is the single trip policy. AllTrips Prime is the annual plan with cancellation at $3,000 for the year and medical at $20,000 - pretty low for an entire year no matter how many trips you have -  but Allianz is a good company. You may find something that works for you.

No.   that does not sound like what we have.   I'm on my cell phone.  I'll check laptop tomorrow.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Babr said:

There are a couple of advantages to Royal’s coverage. One is that it includes CFAR at 90% at no extra charge. Third- party policies require an additional premium for that and set time limits with special conditions.

Two is that the premium is not based on age. It can be a cost-effective choice for older cruisers.

You’re absolutely right.  Whenever I checked out 3rd party insurance, it was more expensive.  Also, after a certain age, some insurance carriers won’t insure you.  With insurance companies, it’s never one size fits all.

• Like 1

Kaiser Senior Advantage in CA covers worldwide. Also: 

People who are living in the following nine states can enroll in a Kaiser Medicare Advantage

• Colorado
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Oregon
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Washington D.C.

I've attached my Chase Sapphire Benefits Guide for 2022 (actually, it's dated August 2021, but there is none more recent that I can find), in case anyone is interested. Click on the table of contents subject, and the link jumps to that page:

Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefit Guide 2022.pdf

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

People who are living in the following nine states can enroll in a Kaiser Medicare Advantage

• Colorado
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Oregon
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Washington D.C.

I've attached my Chase Sapphire Benefits Guide for 2022 (actually, it's dated August 2021, but there is none more recent that I can find), in case anyone is interested. Click on the table of contents subject, and the link jumps to that page:

Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefit Guide 2022.pdf 360.36 kB · 1 download

Which part of the Sapphire card did I misrepresent?  Or was it something else I said?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babr said:

Which part of the Sapphire card did I misrepresent?  Or was it something else I said?

Just offering the benefits to review for a different Sapphire card. Mine's not Sapphire Reserve.

One thing to note:  always enter the start date of your trip for the date you LEAVE HOME, and for many cruisers this is when you fly to the cruise port.  The reason this is important, is if you have left for your trip and the cruise is cancelled, changed, etc., you are then covered under the trip INTERRUPTION benefit, which is a higher benefit than trip DELAY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

• Colorado
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Oregon
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Washington D.C.

Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefit Guide 2022.pdf 360.36 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you for the link.  We also have the Chase Sapphire Preferred Client credit card, and LOVE IT!  I saved the link to the reading list on my iPad.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1