PACIFIC EXPLORER, covid.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Pacific Explorer has just returned to Sydney as Amber status. Is it a quiet news day, or is Karl all over this again?

I wonder how many cases this time Geoff? We will never know, unless Karl finds out.

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I wonder how many cases this time Geoff? We will never know, unless Karl finds out.

Between 3% and 10%. The numbers are there to generate the appropriate health response, not the media. If reports are circulating, they will presume it at around 100 like last time.

Then again, it might be like the school infections earlier in the year - report the heck out of it, then realise nobody is taking any notice of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Between 3% and 10%. The numbers are there to generate the appropriate health response, not the media. If reports are circulating, they will presume it at around 100 like last time.

Then again, it might be like the school infections earlier in the year - report the heck out of it, then realise nobody is taking any notice of them. 

Thanks Geoff, Karl has been AWOL on tv past couple of weeks, I thought he might be doing b2b’s on Pacific Explorer and Coral Princess, 😁😁

• Haha 3

On 7/18/2022 at 4:08 PM, arxcards said:

Princess announced an altered set of rules for Australia when their restart here became apparent, in line with local protocols. A bit early yet for HAL to lock in their plans, as you say, lots can change.

A medical authorised test is otherwise known as a travellers test. You can have a PCR or RAT test done while supervised at a pathology site or your chemist. There is a fee attached to these tests, and a certificate is sent to you electronically to verify the test & result for the cruise line/airline/foreign country that requires it.

Aren't PCR free? They text the result, wouldn't that be enough. 

27 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

I interpret Geoff's post to say that there is a fee for supervised RAT tests. Currently PCR's tests in Queensland (I don't know about elsewhere) require a doctor's referral. There has always been a charge for PCR tests for travel.

2 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

PCR's are not free for travel purposes and for most of us you need symptoms to get a free PCR. If you have symptoms, you are disqualifying yourself from the cruise on the health survey.

If you require a supervised test for travel, the text message from the free PCR is not accepted. When a supervised test is required, either RAT or PCR, a certificate is sent to you electronically, which is required to prove a negative test for travel. That service is not subsidised by medicare or state health departments, and requires you to prepay with one of the pathology sites or a chemist.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:16 PM, arxcards said:

PCR's are not free for travel purposes and for most of us you need symptoms to get a free PCR. If you have symptoms, you are disqualifying yourself from the cruise on the health survey.

If you require a supervised test for travel, the text message from the free PCR is not accepted. When a supervised test is required, either RAT or PCR, a certificate is sent to you electronically, which is required to prove a negative test for travel. That service is not subsidised by medicare or state health departments, and requires you to prepay with one of the pathology sites or a chemist.

Ok thanks for that. I know close contacts used to be able to get a PCR as well, but good to know the proper options that will be proof of negative. Do you know if NZ readily accepts our vaccination certificate, or do we need an international one?

20 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Ok thanks for that. I know close contacts used to be able to get a PCR as well, but good to know the proper options that will be proof of negative. Do you know if NZ readily accepts our vaccination certificate, or do we need an international one?

On a previous post you mentioned you are going on a HAL cruise. I don't know what they require, but Princess (also owned by Carnival Corp) stated that if we are using a passport for ID we had to have an international vaccination certificate. Obviously you are using a passport for a NZ cruise. The international vacc cert is very easy to get on line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Yes, the international one is easy. You just need to add your passport details to the medicare app.

If you were able to get a free PCR within 3 days days of your cruise due to being a close contact, you would also be disqualified from cruising. Thankfully you only need to take a self-administered RAT, and declare (attest) the negative result. That is as of today, and may well change in the months ahead.

• Like 1