Pre Cruise Covid Test?

Since April , we have had three cruises by Royal cancelled on us, because of Covid  .

We had traveled by air for "two" of them,  to find out after arrival in destination she was positive .

Three weeks ago, we found out on third cruise,  before debarking , I had tested positive . 

And in three weeks , we have overseas  travel with a TA and b2b  . 

We are both negative now .

But both of us have tested positive TWICE in this time frame since April .

Hell Yes we  are stressed about traveling, to find out either of us could test positive AGAIN before cruises . She is NOT eligible for Certificate but I am .

Time will tell . We will either sail back on TA,

or have a free roam European get away . 

Edited by ssb

When you use rapidtestandtrace.com with your own test, what do you need to buy from them? I pick "Observed Test for Travel." However, when I go to check out it tells me Delivery is 2-6 days. Don't you just go online and they watch you? What do they need to deliver? I was going to do this outside the US because I am staying there 4 nights before the cruise so I cannot do the test at home. Where would they deliver whatever they are trying to deliver?

7 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

When you use rapidtestandtrace.com with your own test, what do you need to buy from them? I pick "Observed Test for Travel." However, when I go to check out it tells me Delivery is 2-6 days. Don't you just go online and they watch you? What do they need to deliver? I was going to do this outside the US because I am staying there 4 nights before the cruise so I cannot do the test at home. Where would they deliver whatever they are trying to deliver?

Just sign up for the $20pp proctoring... https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

There is no delivery. You're not purchasing anything except for the proctor session. You make an appointment, they send you a link, and you click on the link just before your appointment time.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just sign up for the $20pp proctoring... https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

There is no delivery. You're not purchasing anything except for the proctor session. You make an appointment, they send you a link, and you click on the link just before your appointment time.

Does it let you schedule immediately or do you have to wait 2-6 days? 

10 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

Does it let you schedule immediately or do you have to wait 2-6 days? 

Immediately. I don't mind helping, but you can contact them via live chat and they will answer all your questions. I had a very good experience with their customer service that way.

• Like 1

I was going to do emed, but with shipping, it would be $100 (for 2 people). 

I ordered free tests through USPS and will use OnPoint Testing.  It is $15 per person.  They will watch me take the test and email me lab results.  A lot cheaper than emed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

Would rapid test and trace accept expired ihealth tests? I noticed mine just expired but FDA gave them a few months extension. 

Yes. Used that exact type that had recently expired myself last month.

RCI keeps sending me messages saying I need to answer some health questions to complete the check in. When I log in or open the app or click on the prompt there is no question anywhere, just warnings. Has anyone had this issue? How am I supposed to answer the question whatever it is? 

33 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

RCI keeps sending me messages saying I need to answer some health questions to complete the check in. When I log in or open the app or click on the prompt there is no question anywhere, just warnings. Has anyone had this issue? How am I supposed to answer the question whatever it is? 

In the app we clicked Checkin, then Health Status, and answered the three questions. Very easy and quick