Will testing be gone now after today's announcement from CDC?

14 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Just my GUESS…..Would not surprise me if Royal makes testing changes in Europe quickly as most countries no longer require testing or even proof of vaccination.

Except that 2 weeks after NCL announced that they were stopping testing Royal sent out updates and confirmed its testing procedures for Europe

13 hours ago, birdofsong said:

Maybe I'm slow, but I'm just not understanding why so many people want the testing mandate dropped.  Are you really okay with people going on the ship with you who are knowingly positive, or unknowingly, but don't find out because they don't have to test?  Or are YOU personally looking forward to being allowed on the ship even if you're positive, since you don't have to prove otherwise?

I can't speak for everyone, but NONE of the above..... the problem for me is the one day or even two day advance, which does not allow you to test at home if you are cruising out of Europe.  I am sorry if it is unreasonable to want to wait and fly overseas after I have already determined I will be allowed to board the ship.  Add this to the fact that even with the testing mandate, I can still get Covid in spite of being vaxed and boosted, then have to forfeit the rest of my vacation while still far from home.  If this were a true preventive method I would not have a problem with it, but it seems to be more of a window dressing at this point.

• Like 6

Formal statement is up:

On July 18, the U.S. CDC announced that the COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect. Going forward, the CDC will continue to publish guidance for the cruise industry. We are waiting for these revised recommendations, which we expect in the coming days. Upon review, we will adjust our current protocols and provide guidance to our guests. For now, our current protocols remain in effect for cruises departing U.S. homeports.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, birdofsong said:

Maybe I'm slow, but I'm just not understanding why so many people want the testing mandate dropped.  Are you really okay with people going on the ship with you who are knowingly positive, or unknowingly, but don't find out because they don't have to test?  Or are YOU personally looking forward to being allowed on the ship even if you're positive, since you don't have to prove otherwise? I realize that for most people, Covid doesn't turn serious, but if you can keep people off the ships who would intentionally go even though they know they're positive, you could keep more people healthy.  

There are already cases on every ship and every sailing, and that is with vaxxing and testing.  I can only imagine how much higher that number would go if the mandate is dropped.  I know that there are a bunch of people who aren't cruising now because of the mandate.  Me, personally -- if they drop the mandate, I won't sail until this is far less transmissible.  

The mortality of covid is closing in on the flu.  Getting covid is no longer anything even close to a death sentence for most and those who should be careful have to do so for all other infectious diseases as well.  I'm fully vaccinated but I'd prefer they got rid of the mandate as its just not necessary anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, geko29 said:

Formal statement is up:

On July 18, the U.S. CDC announced that the COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect. Going forward, the CDC will continue to publish guidance for the cruise industry. We are waiting for these revised recommendations, which we expect in the coming days. Upon review, we will adjust our current protocols and provide guidance to our guests. For now, our current protocols remain in effect for cruises departing U.S. homeports.

Pragmatic approach 

Hopefully soon testing will be a thing of the past. Looks like Covid is here to stay and we need to live with it, they're now saying you can get reinfected after 28 days. Time for personal responsibility to take over and if you feel safe cruising than great, if you don't.......stay home. 

• Like 3